Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs

Maine beats Weber in a game of dominating defense and inept QB play.

Comment

Pretty sure we would handle either team fairly well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Unless that Maine D can lock down a high flying EWU/Davis offense, I think their lack of O will backfire next week.

Also of note, Maine will be making another trip to the west coast next week, regardless of who wins the Davis game tomorrow. That will also takes it toll eventually.

With that being said, I'm happy for Maine. Land grant schools that play FCS are close to my heart (with one notable green and yellow exception), and it's cool to see them do well. I hope Davis upsets EWU tomorrow on that Maxi Pad they call a field to set up an Aggies-Black Bears semifinal.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
          Maine beats Weber in a game of dominating defense and inept QB play.
          Things picked up in the second half, but the first 30 minutes was like watching paint dry.

Comment

Bison could be down one RB (Dunn) for next week's game.

Also, Matt Zimmer suggested game would likely be on Friday, which would deviate from last year's schedule when the Jacks-Dukes game (also #1 vs. #5) was played on Sat. Anyone understand the rationale for the change in schedule (other than questionable improved TV ratings) when it serves to penalize the top seed by forcing them to have a short week?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
              Bison could be down one RB (Dunn) for next week's game.

Also, Matt Zimmer suggested game would likely be on Friday, which would deviate from last year's schedule when the Jacks-Dukes game (also #1 vs. #5) was played on Sat. Anyone understand the rationale for the change in schedule (other than questionable improved TV ratings) when it serves to penalize the top seed by forcing them to have a short week?
              I would think they maybe want to give some consideration for Maine and back to back West Coast trips and give them an extra day due to the travel.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBBFan View Post
                I would think they maybe want to give some consideration for Maine and back to back West Coast trips and give them an extra day due to the travel.
                Sure hope not, as that'd mean I can't watch the game (and they'd be basing the scheduling on the lowest remaining seed's itinerary).

Comment

Jacks play Bison at 7pm CT on 12/14. Guess I'll have to watch replay

Comment

Sure hope not, as that'd mean I can't watch the game (and they'd be basing the scheduling on the lowest remaining seed's itinerary).
                    I think it’s more TV oriented. That’s a prime spot on national TV.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                      I think it’s more TV oriented. That’s a prime spot on national TV.

I have trouble believing folks who'd watch on a Friday night wouldn't watch the same teams on a Saturday afternoon, and I think they'd gain viewers having it on Sat., as folks are more apt to have other Friday evening activities and/or popular shows they watch. However, I fully admit I wanted it on Sat. because working Friday won't allow me to watch the game

Comment

We are in the semifinals....who cares when we play? Are we really going to complain about this?
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          We are in the semifinals....who cares when we play? Are we really going to complain about this?
                          Not being able to watch doesn't fill me with joy -- call that complaining if you want, but please don't say I'm somehow minimizing the Jacks reaching the semifinals.

Would you rather have apathy?

Comment

Not being able to watch doesn't fill me with joy -- call that complaining if you want, but please don't say I'm somehow minimizing the Jacks reaching the semifinals.

Would you rather have apathy?
                            I dont think I ever said you were minimizing anything.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I have trouble believing folks who'd watch on a Friday night wouldn't watch the same teams on a Saturday afternoon, and I think they'd gain viewers having it on Sat., as folks are more apt to have other Friday evening activities and/or popular shows they watch. However, I fully admit I wanted it on Sat. because working Friday won't allow me to watch the game
                              I actually agree with you. Next Sat has no other FBS games and people want football on Sat & Sun as long as the calendar will allow. Let's showcase the FCS on a Saturday afternoon on ESPN or ESPN2 and show the nation where Wentz, Goedert, Weineke, Brown, & Emanual come from.

Comment

Friday night spot has always been the prime spot, where ESPN places the game that will get the most viewership. There is a reason NDSU are normally the Friday night game.

Comment

Working...
                                X