• Re: Playoffs

I assume Kennesaw will win because nothing good ever happens to the Jacks
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      I assume Kennesaw will win because nothing good ever happens to the Jacks
      UNH beat Central Arkansas last year. Celebrating that in the stands while we were kicking UNI's ass last year was pretty fun.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        UNH beat Central Arkansas last year. Celebrating that in the stands while we were kicking UNI's ass last year was pretty fun.
        *High Five*
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          Yea, somehow i feel like im being screwed for buying season tickets and the donations and all.
          I'm happy that the University has promotions to help drive up attendance, but I do feel like it somewhat comes at the expense of turning their back on the full paying customers. Last year my group purchased our normal tickets for the playoff games, guess what, every single person around us had bought the discounted tickets. That's fine with me since the place was empty, but I did not make the mistake of purchasing my usual seats for this year's playoffs. I am however, 95% sure that I'll be able to sit in them...

I think we need to do much more to incentivize season ticket sales. There are sections that don't require a donation, great idea! There was a discount for young alumni, great idea! Maybe give each season ticket holder a free parking pass, or a tailgating spot that only season ticket holders can access, pregame on field access next to the team, I don't know but let's brainstorm and come up with something. But, I look at what I pay on a per ticket basis, with donation included, and then I look at what a single game ticket costs right next to or behind me, and I start to wonder what the incentive is for me to purchase season tickets? Yep, I'm continuing to increase my Priority Points total to hopefully get better seats, but that matters little if the stadium is going to continue to be half empty for most games and I can sit wherever I want!

Author's note - I will continue to buy season tickets because it makes me feel like I am financially contributing to the success we've had on the football field, even if it's only a tiny bit compared to the big picture. But I think Joe fan has a more thrifty mindset at this point. I trust our administration and I'm guessing they've been down this path. But I would hate to see people get disgruntled over something like this.

Comment

Yea, somehow i feel like im being screwed for buying season tickets and the donations and all.
            When it happens year after year... yes, we are getting screwed. We are suckers.

There is zero chance I will pay the season ticket holder price for playoffs again. Worst case scenario, SDSU won't sweeten the deal and I'll walk up and buy the ticket. Or maybe it will be cold and I will go watch at Cubby's.

Or maybe I'll stay in Sioux Falls and watch on TV in my sweatpants.

What a joke. Absolutely dumb.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              When it happens year after year... yes, we are getting screwed. We are suckers.

There is zero chance I will pay the season ticket holder price for playoffs again. Worst case scenario, SDSU won't sweeten the deal and I'll walk up and buy the ticket. Or maybe it will be cold and I will go watch at Cubby's.

Or maybe I'll stay in Sioux Falls and watch on TV in my sweatpants.

What a joke. Absolutely dumb.
              We bought our season ticket seats a few years ago, maybe for the Villanova game, and realized how expensive it was versus the deals that always come out closer to the game. Since then we have bypassed the option to buy our season ticket seats and bought the deal seats. We stood/sat at the 50 yard line on the east side every game since. There is plenty of room for everyone to have a great seat at a low price. Maybe eventually SDSU will be a draw for December football, but until then buy the cheap ticket.
              Last edited by WestSideRabbit; 11-27-2018, 12:39 PM.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

So, just thinking this through... if the Jackrabbits can handle their business Saturday against Duquesne, they would play the winner of Wofford and Kennesaw.

Kennesaw is the 4 seed, so cheering for Wofford would be the appropriate thing if you wanted a Jackrabbits home game the following round.

Both teams run the triple option. So, it would be a similar style whichever team they would face.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  So, just thinking this through... if the Jackrabbits can handle their business Saturday against Duquesne, they would play the winner of Wofford and Kennesaw.

Kennesaw is the 4 seed, so cheering for Wofford would be the appropriate thing if you wanted a Jackrabbits home game the following round.

Both teams run the triple option. So, it would be a similar style whichever team they would face.
                  Correct. Wofford is out ofor Spartanburg, SC. While not exactly a tropical locale, it would certainly be quite a bit colder in Brookings in December than anything the terriers have played in in recent times. Running an option offense in that type of cold shouldn't be a huge problem for them though.

If the Jacks play at KSU, they'll be in a suburb of atlanta, in a stadium that seems to hold about 9k. The owls get pretty decent crowds, but it still wouldn't be anything like playing in Fargo/Missoula/etc.

We want Wofford to win and guarantee us a home game in the quarters (provided we can get by a salty Duquesne Dukes squad). I also selfishly want to see Wofford I'm Brookings because they are kind of a classic FCS team. I watched them upset a top ranked Griz team in Missoula back in 2007. They've been a top 15 type program more often than not in the last 20 years, and are about all that's left of the old guard in the Southern Conference (along with Furman). A cool program with good history.

None of that is meant as a slight to KSU, who has had quite an amazing start to their football program these past few years. They have a very high ceiling, and I expect we'll be seeing them as a quarterfinal regular for quite some time.

Comment

Thats a good point. I do like where i sit. But i could sit by Thumper and Slosho in a corner and have a helluva lot more fun.
                    We’re rowdier in the cheap seats, and there’s always room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

A guy was walking down the street in Phoenix, looked up and saw a sign on a saloon that read, "All Drinks 10 Cents." The guy walked in, asked the bartender if it was true and getting confirmation quickly ordered a martini. After slurping it down he asked the bartender if he could get another one for ten cents. "Absolutely!" the bartender said. When the barkeep placed the drink in front of the guy he noticed two older fellows sitting at the end of the bar with nothing in front of them. The guy quietly asked the bartender, "What's their story?" The bartender replied, "Oh, they are from South Dakota and they are waiting for happy hour when drinks are half priced."

Comment

Sources have Mike Houston, JMU coach, taking job at Charlotte. Not sure what immediate plans would be for him.

**not my sources, but got from Bruce Feldman twitter**

didn’t want others thinking I was breaking board rules

Sam Herder makes a point of not knowing if he could finish out the year with the early signing period in December. Lots to digest if this true

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                          Sources have Mike Houston, JMU coach, taking job at Charlotte. Not sure what immediate plans would be for him.

**not my sources, but got from Bruce Feldman twitter**

didn’t want others thinking I was breaking board rules

Sam Herder makes a point of not knowing if he could finish out the year with the early signing period in December. Lots to digest if this true
                          Colgate still at +7.5 for anyone interested in that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            Colgate still at +7.5 for anyone interested in that sort of thing.
                            Another related note... Right now you can bet on SDSU to win the Championship at +1250, $100 to win $1,250... not bad odds if you ask me, with the biggest task being NDSU in Fargo where we've won before. Also, NDSU is at -280... so, if you're like me and think that if SDSU doesn't beat NDSU, then NDSU will win the championship, there's a nice hedge opportunity for your potential $100 bet (would have to wager $280 on NDSU to win $100, so your results would either be $0 or $970). This is all for entertainment purposes of course.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Another related note... Right now you can bet on SDSU to win the Championship at +1250, $100 to win $1,250... not bad odds if you ask me, with the biggest task being NDSU in Fargo where we've won before. Also, NDSU is at -280... so, if you're like me and think that if SDSU doesn't beat NDSU, then NDSU will win the championship, there's a nice hedge opportunity for your potential $100 bet (would have to wager $280 on NDSU to win $100, so your results would either be $0 or $970). This is all for entertainment purposes of course.
                              Or -$380

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                Or -$380
                                Well with that attitude... LOL

Honestly though... I would feel really good about NDSU against any team on the other side of the bracket. Probably looking at 14 point favorites if they are in the championship, minimum.

Comment

Working...
                                X