Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    I always thought it was an MVFC rule that prevented our cowbells at league games and that the administration just adopted it for all games to provide consistency. Please correct me if I'm wrong(does that really need to be said on a fan board, lol).
    Seems you are correct about it being an MVFC policy (pg. 3).

Also, the SEC provides hope that compromise is possible. After all, isn't the Valley commonly referred to as the SEC of the FCS?

Comment

• Playoffs

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
      I always thought it was an MVFC rule that prevented our cowbells at league games and that the administration just adopted it for all games to provide consistency. Please correct me if I'm wrong(does that really need to be said on a fan board, lol).
      During the season you are correct, but I believe during the playoffs it is an NCAA rule.

I could be very wrong. I just want our cowbells back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by thumper_76; 11-25-2018, 11:15 AM.
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        During the season you are correct, but I believe during the playoffs it is an NCAA rule.

I could be very wrong. I just want our cowbells back

Yep, I want them too. You’re correct though, the ncaa does have their hands in all of it. 😐

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
          FCA has a group discount code for 2nd round of the playoffs. $15 per ticket I believe.

promo code FCAPLAYOFFS
          Bump

Comment

Someone figure out a way to bring back the cowbell and I will sign the petition. It needs happen.

I remember ringing it when Koenig trucked Mays on the way to the end zone and leading the Jacks to the Great West conference ship.

Comment

I'm sure others can weigh in with more detail, but there actally was an official effort by parts of the administration/students this past February at the conference meetings to get the cowbell back. It didn't work, but it sounded like it wasn't out of the question in the future.

My personal take after attending games other places and watching lots on TV: bring your bell to the game. I swear, just about every other FCS/FBS game I watch, I hear a cowbell. It's not allowed at many of those places either. I've heard cowbells at WIU, SIU, and YSU in our conference alone. While we may not officially be allowed to do it, it sure seems like it's hard to enforce.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                I'm sure others can weigh in with more detail, but there actally was an official effort by parts of the administration/students this past February at the conference meetings to get the cowbell back. It didn't work, but it sounded like it wasn't out of the question in the future.

My personal take after attending games other places and watching lots on TV: bring your bell to the game. I swear, just about every other FCS/FBS game I watch, I hear a cowbell. It's not allowed at many of those places either. I've heard cowbells at WIU, SIU, and YSU in our conference alone. While we may not officially be allowed to do it, it sure seems like it's hard to enforce.
                I think this is gunna happen.

Comment

I think this is gunna happen.

Boo Cowbells. Fans should never be allowed artificial noise makers in any sporting event. If you can't be loud with your voice or your hands (and maybe your feet), then your team don't deserve the audible advantage that comes with the home field.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

FFS, still butthurt about cowbells. Can someone post a duquense vs Jack's thread and close this ****. It's the second round of the playoffs and people are pissed about fricken cowbells?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit3467 View Post
                      FFS, still butthurt about cowbells. Can someone post a duquense vs Jack's thread and close this ****. It's the second round of the playoffs and people are pissed about fricken cowbells?

You could start that thread. There are 6 days until the game. Ample amount of time to discuss Duquesne.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit3467 View Post

You could always post about something else if it bothers you enough to make your first post in over a month.

What was your take on all the games you watched from the first round?

Comment

You could always post about something else if it bothers you enough to make your first post in over a month.

What was your take on all the games you watched from the first round?

He's a big time troll. Just ignore. He'll be back again if we lose.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                            He's a big time troll. Just ignore. He'll be back again if we lose.
                            Dang, a few people act like they already know they aren't getting what they want for Christmas and come on here to vent their holiday rage.

Oh wait ... Duquesne, well, I think they aren't getting what they want for Christmas either. The Jacks are going to send them packing with Christion firing off passes like this

Comment

I'm just hoping we can compete with a team like Duquesne. After all they just got done drubbing the 3rd place team from the best conference in the country and we are only the 2nd best team in our conference. Hopefully we don't embarrass ourselves. 😄

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
                                I'm just hoping we can compete with a team like Duquesne. After all they just got done drubbing the 3rd place team from the best conference in the country and we are only the 2nd best team in our conference. Hopefully we don't embarrass ourselves. 😄
                                It's a team we better look pass like Towson did. They went over to Hawaii, a team that is 6-5, and gave them everything they could. Actually Duquesne had a lead through half time. They appear to play to the level of their opponent. They have two nice backs and a playmaker at QB. Their front 7 is their weakness. We should be able to run the ball and protect Taryn. A sloppy field might actually play to their favor. Hopefully the weather holds off and we are able to be balanced on offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X