Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs

Well, one of them was guaranteed a victory, so that’s not saying much.

Completely Awful Association

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
      Well, one of them was guaranteed a victory, so that’s not saying much.

Completely Awful Association
      Let's hope the Jacks make the 2018 FCS Playoffs the partial CAA Elimination Tour with multiple stops in Brookings, starting with Duquesne next week.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
        Let's hope the Jacks make the 2018 FCS Playoffs the partial CAA Elimination Tour with multiple stops in Brookings, starting with Duquesne next week.
        Duquesne is in the NEC, only the conference 2nd win in the FCS playoffs. Bi believe this conference also caps scholarships below FCS limit.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
          Duquesne is in the NEC, only the conference 2nd win in the FCS playoffs. Bi believe this conference also caps scholarships below FCS limit.
          Yeah, I caught that after I posted it. So the tour starts a bit later when JMU upsets Bison and has to travel to Brookings (after Kennesaw State upset)

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            According to announcers we have our hands full with Duquesne.
            I'll just leave this here: http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId/400951086

Hines only had 34 yards against us last year.

Comment

Watching the JSU game and I’m getting pretty pissed off that they’re allowed to play their obnoxious rooster over their speakers while the opponent is at the line on offense. Meanwhile, we aren’t allowed to bring in cowbells. WAFJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks86 View Post
                I'll just leave this here: http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId/400951086

Hines only had 34 yards against us last year.
                They have a different QB, and Worley also had success against Towson. Conversely, the Jacks didn't have Snyder at safety last year, and one of his strengths is neutralizing the run.

Weather is one of the wild cards for me. As you mentioned, Hines only had 34 yards against Jacks in much better weather last year (which I believe was the second-lowest total in his career, just better than a 19yd performance at Youngstown in 2016).

He's fumbled six times this season with three lost, and as I mentioned during the game, he has a propensity to raise the arm he's carrying the ball with away from his body when he gets to the second level, much like Adrian Peterson used to when he would try to break a tackle, which can lead to fumbles.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                  Watching the JSU game and I’m getting pretty pissed off that they’re allowed to play their obnoxious rooster over their speakers while the opponent is at the line on offense. Meanwhile, we aren’t allowed to bring in cowbells. WAFJ.

Are they having the rooster crow when the center is over the ball? If not, I think it's allowed.

Comment

Are they having the rooster crow when the center is over the ball? If not, I think it's allowed.
                    Oh yeah. They’re full into the snap count when they’re doing it

Comment

• Re: Playoffs

Oh yeah. They’re full into the snap count when they’re doing it

Those shysters.

Hmm, maybe the Jacks should record a sizable drove of jackrabbits thumping their feet and play that over the loudspeakers.

Comment

Those shysters.

Hmm, maybe the Jacks should record a sizable drove of jackrabbits thumping their feet and play that over the loudspeakers.
                        Apparently it would be okay to record a hundred or so cowbells ringing and play that at max volume on the stadium PA system.

I'm up for it.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          Apparently it would be okay to record a hundred or so cowbells ringing and play that at max volume on the stadium PA system.

I'm up for it.
                          I fully admit I miss the Bruce Dickinson clip they'd play on the scoreboard circa '05-'07 encouraging more cowbell.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

I'm up for it.
                            Or, just let us bring in our funking cowbells.....

Comment

If anyone is interested in looking ahead past a couple big games to a potential NDSU matchup and potential trip to Frisco, here you go. He's not wrong, and he points out the exact reason many of us said we would rather play NDSU in Fargo.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/footb...me-point-right

Comment

Or, just let us bring in our funking cowbells.....

I always thought it was an MVFC rule that prevented our cowbells at league games and that the administration just adopted it for all games to provide consistency. Please correct me if I'm wrong(does that really need to be said on a fan board, lol).

Comment

Working...
                                X