Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    The guy in front of me talked and I didn't hear TC say hike. Then he stood up to go to the bathroom and I missed the team huddle.
    TC never says hike. He claps his hands. (ducks and runs...)

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
      TC never says hike. He claps his hands. (ducks and runs...)
      If you would have ducked and ran during the game he would have been able to see! SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
        Some links on Towson/Duquesne. Winner plays Jacks.
        Any preference on who you'd prefer the Jacks play? Towson could be interesting, as they've never played the Jacks, and it'd be nice to "welcome" Flacco's brother to balmy Brookings next week the same way the Jacks welcomed Garoppolo back in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
          Any preference on who you'd prefer the Jacks play? Towson could be interesting, as they've never played the Jacks, and it'd be nice to "welcome" Flacco's brother to balmy Brookings next week the same way the Jacks welcomed Garoppolo back in 2012.
          Duquesne couldn't compete with our 2nd string, so I'd rather play them. Though the game would be better from a spectator's perspective to play Towson, and they are extremely likely to be the ones we'll face.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            Duquesne couldn't compete with our 2nd string, so I'd rather play them. Though the game would be better from a spectator's perspective to play Towson, and they are extremely likely to be the ones we'll face.
            I’m fairly blown away that the spread on this game is middle of the pack instead of being one or two of the highest. I would LOVE to face Duquesne instead of Towson. I doubt it happens though.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              I’m fairly blown away that the spread on this game is middle of the pack instead of being one or two of the highest. I would LOVE to face Duquesne instead of Towson. I doubt it happens though.

I would rather play Towson for the simple fact of somebody new! Plus if we can't beat them we don't deserve on.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                I would rather play Towson for the simple fact of somebody new! Plus if we can't beat them we don't deserve on.
                I think the Jacks will defeat either team. Question for me at this point is whether the weather may result in interstate closure on 12/1.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                  From a fun game to watch perspective Towson is the hands down choice. From an advancing to the next round with the least amount of likely injuries and ease of victory, I like Duquesne.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    Noticed a tweet a few minutes ago that Towson plays at Johnny Unitas Stadium (you may notice Daktronics receives a fair amount of attention on linked webpage due to the scoreboard installed in 2008).

Ironically, Unitas has a connection to Duquesne as well, due to Pittsburgh being his birthplace.

Regardless of who wins, it'd seem they'll face weather conditions in Brookings drastically different than those today in Baltimore (where it appears rain is a certainty). I think Towson wins by 5.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post

I may be mistaken, but Towson and Kennesaw St both run the triple option correct? Being able to beat Towson and be more prepared for Kennesaw St could be very beneficial. I still think Kennesaw St gets beat though.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        I may be mistaken, but Towson and Kennesaw St both run the triple option correct? Being able to beat Towson and be more prepared for Kennesaw St could be very beneficial. I still think Kennesaw St gets beat though.
                        Towson doesn't run the triple option. The QB is Joe Flacco's brother Tom Flacco and they run a pretty traditional offense by todays standards. Wofford is the other team in our bracket that runs the triple option and many people feel that wofford could upset Kennesaw in the 2nd round

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                          Towson doesn't run the triple option. The QB is Joe Flacco's brother Tom Flacco and they run a pretty traditional offense by todays standards. Wofford is the other team in our bracket that runs the triple option and many people feel that wofford could upset Kennesaw in the 2nd round
                          I watched some clips of Towson and it appears they run a pro style offense.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            Definitely not a triple O for Towson. I think you’re thinking of Wofford, who could knock off Kennesaw.

Comment

Unless Elon wins two games, the chances of the Jacks facing a triple oprion offense in the quarterfinals are 100 %, should SDSU advance. No time like the present to avenge the 2016 poly game. I honestly think that our run d is miles better than it was in 2016, and our team speed on d should give us an advantage. Montana State, USD, and Missouri State* all run a good deal of option, and we didn't fare too bad against it.

*I fully understand that these teams don't run option exclusively, and that their style is spread/speed option out of the gun and not the flex bone TO that Wofford and KSU run. Small sample size shows that we've done okay in defending outside option this year so far. I think if we run into a team that is going to rely on running the ball between the tackles, our d can step up.

Comment

Well...all the games are on the ESPN extra channels so it looks like I won't be productive today
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X