Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    I hope you are right. Even though I know that we are the better team, I do not want to face that triple option.
    Well, I'm guessing if we don't play at KSU, we're hosting Wofford, who is also a triple option team. Maybe Elon, but my money is on Wofford to win over Elon and then upset KSU.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      Nope. Give me those guys in Fargo. We’re used to playing in the mall. I don’t want to face them in Frisco where they’re comfortable and we’re out of our element trying to figure out how to handle the weeks off and the championship game atmosphere. Plus, I want to be the team that denys them the trip to Frisco . The only motivation I have to meet them in Frisco is how fun the tailgate would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This. I really think we have a better shotgun of beating NDSU in Fargo than Frisco. We're definitely on the stronger side of the bracket, but I can't complain with the feed in matchup and being matched with KSU who could definitely lose their first game giving us the potential for 2 home games, then a trip to Fargo for the chance to go to Frisco.

Another perk of knocking our NDSU before Frisco? Tickets would be dirt cheap. If we met NDSU in Frisco, it would be a really hard ticket to get.

Comment

Nope. Give me those guys in Fargo. We’re used to playing in the mall. I don’t want to face them in Frisco where they’re comfortable and we’re out of our element trying to figure out how to handle the weeks off and the championship game atmosphere. Plus, I want to be the team that denys them the trip to Frisco . The only motivation I have to meet them in Frisco is how fun the tailgate would be.

I had not thought about it before, but you’re probably right about better odds with the known conditions in Fargo. You would not want to be even slightly distracted facing NDSU. Hopefully we get the chance to give it a try in Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
          Well, I'm guessing if we don't play at KSU, we're hosting Wofford, who is also a triple option team. Maybe Elon, but my money is on Wofford to win over Elon and then upset KSU.
          I would feel better about facing it at home than on the road. KSU looks to have more of a "speed" triple option.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            I would feel better about facing it at home than on the road. KSU looks to have more of a "speed" triple option.
            Watching their games you have to play assignment ball because you aren’t going to be able to see where the ball is without guessing.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Wow didn’t realize Woffords also an option team. So we’ll probably be playing the option in the quarterfinals. Should be fine **** the front 7 is playing well could see Snyder coming down he’s basically another middle linebacker on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                Wow didn’t realize Woffords also an option team. So we’ll probably be playing the option in the quarterfinals. Should be fine **** the front 7 is playing well could see Snyder coming down he’s basically another middle linebacker on the field.
                Being able to leave Brown out on an island will help as well. Wofford is obviously the team we would prefer to play since it would be a home game. But they also have a lower overall team defense compared to KSU. If I remember the KSU playoff games last year, they seemed to throw the ball a bit better.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

THEY. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. SEE. THE. JACKS. IN. FARGO.

I promise you that they aren't happy with this seeding either. Another year, another opportunity to take a giant step forward for this program. We took one last year by getting to the semis. This team has the talent to do it again. That loss at UNI hurt. Would have probably been the two without that.

Hey, Stig, let's get after who we play on the 1st and then please, please get your starters out so we don't have a repeat of last year.

Let's go win a couple games and then head to Fargo to slay the beasts!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                    THEY. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. SEE. THE. JACKS. IN. FARGO.

I promise you that they aren't happy with this seeding either. Another year, another opportunity to take a giant step forward for this program. We took one last year by getting to the semis. This team has the talent to do it again. That loss at UNI hurt. Would have probably been the two without that.

Hey, Stig, let's get after who we play on the 1st and then please, please get your starters out so we don't have a repeat of last year.

Let's go win a couple games and then head to Fargo to slay the beasts!

SUPERBUNNY
                    If we get to the semis, I prefer we go to Fargo. We've played in that Dome enough now, regular season and playoffs there should be no fear stepping on that field.

I do not ever want the Bison in Texas. I would not want to go back to Washington and that red piece of crap field and do not want to go back to JMU. You have to beat the Bison to win an FCS title. May as well do it in Fargo. Stig needs to get this team going so we make the semis against NDSU and hopefully we get the Friday night slot. That would be fun.

Comment

FCA has a group discount code for 2nd round of the playoffs. $15 per ticket I believe.

promo code FCAPLAYOFFS

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                        FCA has a group discount code for 2nd round of the playoffs. $15 per ticket I believe.

promo code FCAPLAYOFFS
                        Already bought my tix before this because apparently I’m dumb. Can’t wait to hear from people about how these tix are too expensive.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Already bought my tix before this because apparently I’m dumb. Can’t wait to hear from people about how these tix are too expensive.

If they want people there they should make them free. (That was said tongue in cheek)
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            If they want people there they should make them free. (That was said tongue in cheek)
                            There would still be people that would whine and complain (should have had free babysitting, should have free hot chocolate, why wasn't there blankets on each seat).

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              There would still be people that would whine and complain (should have had free babysitting, should have free hot chocolate, why wasn't there blankets on each seat).
                              The guy in front of me talked and I didn't hear TC say hike. Then he stood up to go to the bathroom and I missed the team huddle.

Comment

Working...
                              X