Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoffs

Great win today, set them up for a seed, only question is what seed will they get, and who will they play the winner of? I hate to say it, but it seems to me that the Jacks will get the winner of the game that UNI plays, assuming they get in, which I believe they will with such a soft bubble and a 6-5 record and the #1 SOS. I really don't want to see UNI again, they seem to always play the Jacks well and I would just like a change of scenery in DJD tbh, but it is what it is, UNI is a bus drive to Brookings and a flight to Fargo, and the committee will do what they need to in order to save money. However it all shakes out, I can't wait for another playoff game in Brookings. Hope the team stays healthy and can take the next step.
    GBGBGJ

Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
    Great win today, set them up for a seed, only question is what seed will they get, and who will they play the winner of? I hate to say it, but it seems to me that the Jacks will get the winner of the game that UNI plays, assuming they get in, which I believe they will with such a soft bubble and a 6-5 record and the #1 SOS. I really don't want to see UNI again, they seem to always play the Jacks well and I would just like a change of scenery in DJD tbh, but it is what it is, UNI is a bus drive to Brookings and a flight to Fargo, and the committee will do what they need to in order to save money. However it all shakes out, I can't wait for another playoff game in Brookings. Hope the team stays healthy and can take the next step.
    GBGBGJ
    UNI might just be saying the same thing about the Jacks. I'm not a Farley fan, but I think he'd admit that they defeated a depleted Jacks team in Cedar Falls. Jacks handled them in 2nd Rd last year, and barring them shutting down I-29, I'll be cheering like a madman to send the Panthers packing Dec. 1.

Comment

Very good chance UNI gets in now that the bubble softened even more. And a very good chance the Jacks play the winner of their game in round 2. It is what it is.

The gemerald consensus is the EWU will be seeded ahead of SDSU later today. I also think that'll happen, but one thing I'd like to point out that few people have mentioned about EWU is their non-counter D2 game in september over Central Washington. Effecrively, EWU is also 8-2 against DI competition, against a weaker SoS than the Jacks. They have a better win over UC-Davis than anything we have, but that's the main difference in their resume. When the poll came out on oct 31, EWU was 3 spots behind the jacks. Some of those teams ahead of both us and them have lost, and EWU got their big win. Is that enough to jump us? Maybe, but I'm not sure. It wouldn't shock me for ewu to be at 5 with us at 4. It also wouldn't shock me of the Jacks jumped KSU, based solely on SoS. It also wouldn't chock me if the jacks were as low as #7 if things fell a certain way. It could be anywhere from about 3 if the committee really does us a favor all the way down to 7.

In my opinion, our realistic seeding hope should be
      #7 or #5

As a 5 or 7, we have to go on the road in the quarters. But depending on the matchups, one of those might be better than the other. For example, the number 5 seed of KSU or Weber is a 4 is probably better than if EWU is 4. Likewise, if KSU is seeded at 2, the 7 isn't all that bad. I think a home quarterfinal game is more important than avoiding NDSU. Obviously, the #3 would be the best we could hope for, but we'd need to see some real weird stuff from the committee to get it.

Count on at least 1 major surprise in the seedings. My guess is that either 1 of Nicholls or Wofford makes it into the seed line, only 1 CAA gets seeded, or Colgate gets into the top 4.

Comment

I want the 4 seed. God I want the 4 seed. But we’ll prolly get the 6 seed behind NDSU, KSU, EWU, Weber, and Maine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

The only seed situation I really don't want is the 5, playing at #4 EWU before going to Fargo. That'd be a lot of travel, and probably our toughest match ups. Although I think we'd beat UNI at home should we play them again, I really don't want to see them either. If for no other reason than I just hate conference rematch early in the playoffs.

A 5 playing at #4 EWU after hosting UNI would be a hard road before heading to Fargo. I'm pretty much okay with all other options at this point, with some being more desirable than others. Win the game @ UNI and we're home until Frisco. We will probably have to win two games on the road to get there now. Doable, but certainly will be tough.

Comment

Also, while its probable that UNI gets fed to Brookings in round 2, there's nothing to say that UNI won't travel to be fed into a different seed. For example, they could travel to Bozeman with the winner to EWU, or they could travel to Jacksonville State with the winner to KSU. The panthers can put in a decent bid, but there are several unseeded teams that could outbid them and provide a bus game somewhere else. The way the geography falls this year, there's not lots of options for unseeded teams west of the Mississippi.

I think it's more likely than not that UNI is fed to SDSU, but they could be fed into another region creating a bus trip for the expected first round winner at that site too. Possible, but not probable.

Comment

Don't we want 3, 6, or 7 so we can face that hideous green team in Frisco?
              Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              I want the 4 seed. God I want the 4 seed. But we’ll prolly get the 6 seed behind NDSU, KSU, EWU, Weber, and Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                The only seed situation I really don't want is the 5, playing at #4 EWU before going to Fargo. That'd be a lot of travel, and probably our toughest match ups. Although I think we'd beat UNI at home should we play them again, I really don't want to see them either. If for no other reason than I just hate conference rematch early in the playoffs.

A 5 playing at #4 EWU after hosting UNI would be a hard road before heading to Fargo. I'm pretty much okay with all other options at this point, with some being more desirable than others. Win the game @ UNI and we're home until Frisco. We will probably have to win two games on the road to get there now. Doable, but certainly will be tough.
                I agree with this. If we can avoid the 5 seed, I will be happy. Yes, the 4 would still have us travel to Fargo in semis, but guaranteeing a home game in the quarters makes it worth it IMO

Comment

Posted November 17, 2018 8:49 PM EST

Saw this on Bisonville. Give us a three seed, a JMU upset of KSU, and we have our chance at a reckoning and a trip to Frisco.

Comment

It is from nobowls.com

Comment

NCAA revealed top 4 seeds in alphabetical order and they are EWU, KSU, NDSU, and Weber

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                        NCAA revealed top 4 seeds in alphabetical order and they are EWU, KSU, NDSU, and Weber
                        I'm going to be really annoyed if they give us the 5th seed...
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                          So as far as the seeding, which teams are on the opposite side of the bracket from NDSU? If we are fifth, do we see NDSU?
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            So as far as the seeding, which teams are on the opposite side of the bracket from NDSU? If we are fifth, do we see NDSU?
                            i believe 5 and 8 would be on ndsu side

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                              i believe 5 and 8 would be on ndsu side
                              Thanks. Well that's just fantastic.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X