GDT: USD Coyotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: USD Coyotes

The Jacks had what appeared to be two enclosed shacks (about the size of moving Pods) on their sideline that players were going in to keep warm. Not sure who sprung for those, but that group/individual might just deserve a game ball. Wonder if they'll have them in playoffs too.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      This is one reason I wondered if Matt Zimmer's article about this possibly being the year the 'Yotes might defeat the Jacks was probably written a year too soon. Seems like next year, on their home turf, with a senior QB, and the Jacks having a new starter at QB would probably be the best chance. However, the Jacks underclassmen have shown it likely will not get any easier for those mangy curs.
      Games are won in the trenches, and looking what both teams return on both the O and D lines, the Jacks will continue to have a big advantage. If Simmons took as many hits throughout the season as he did yesterday, I'm surprised he got through the schedule without injury.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Games are won in the trenches, and looking what both teams return on both the O and D lines, the Jacks will continue to have a big advantage. If Simmons took as many hits throughout the season as he did yesterday, I'm surprised he got through the schedule without injury.
        Agree. Their oline stinks.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          HOLY ****. Dude just got his arm raised on the sideline as he was being ejected like he just won a boxing match. Coaches laughing and slapping him on his back. The Yotes ****ing suck and you'll always ****ing suck.

You all should be embarrassed.
          The arm being raised was not a good look by USD. That was really bad.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
            The Jacks had what appeared to be two enclosed shacks (about the size of moving Pods) on their sideline that players were going in to keep warm. Not sure who sprung for those, but that group/individual might just deserve a game ball. Wonder if they'll have them in playoffs too.
            In the past I have wondered whether a home team has to provide equipment to the visiting team so that the two sides have equivalent equipment. For example, I’m pretty sure the home team has to provide communications equipment so the sideline can talk to the coaches in the booth etc. That must not be the case for the ice fishing sheds — those were a good idea. Most of the guys stayed outside and watched the game but if they wanted to get out of the elements, they could.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              I'm quite sure that was 29. See the clip posted by RabbitObsessed at post 58.

I thought USD QB Simmons looked very capable. He can throw a nice ball -- -and did -- and he runs well. Early in the 1st quarter our defense started giving the USD offensive line some trouble and caused some 'hurry-ups' for Simmons. If his line gave him a spiit second more time in some instances, rather than "very capable", a more accurate descriptor may have been "very impressive". He's had a decent junior season and he'll likely have a better senior season.
              Agreed. Simmons is pretty darn good. Too bad he doesn’t have an O-line.

Also, Taryn Christion is so damn good. Whoever takes over for him will have some huge shoes to fill.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                Tyler M mentioned that 13 of PSJ’s 70 carries have gone for 20+ yards. That’s video game stuff (Bo Jackson/Techmo Bowl comes to mind). He doesn’t look extraordinarily fast, powerful or shifty but it’s all there. How good is this guy going to be?

A month ago I thought Wilson looked like he had the potential to be the best running back since Zenner and now PSJ gets going. Both should be ready to go for the playoffs. Wow.
                I think a major part of it is that SDSU’s O-line is really freaking good. Gotta give it to Eidsness, Eck, and company. They’ve done an incredible job.

Comment

Compare cold weather attendance: At Missoula yesterday, for the Brawl of the West, a record 26,508 were in Griz Washington Stadium to watch Montana State hang on to win 29-25 after a Montana fumble ended the Griz bid for a come-from-behind win and a possible playoff berth. It was 30 degrees at game time,

Those of us in the DJD stadium yesterday had a great time watching football outside. For me, Montana continues to be the example of what we want to achieve with fan support.

Additional point: our 45-14 win over Montana State was a good win.

Comment

Compare cold weather attendance: At Missoula yesterday, for the Brawl of the West, a record 26,508 were in Griz Washington Stadium to watch Montana State hang on to win 29-25 after a Montana fumble ended the Griz bid for a come-from-behind win and a possible playoff berth. It was 30 degrees at game time,

Those of us in the DJD stadium yesterday had a great time watching football outside. For me, Montana continues to be the example of what we want to achieve with fan support.

Additional point: our 45-14 win over Montana State was a good win.

I will be a witness to the fact of 10 degree weather with a NW breeze in Brookings is much more difficult weather than 30 degrees and sunny without the NW breeze. However, it is doable. I doubt the numbers would have been much larger with 30 degrees.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Re: GDT: USD Coyotes

In the past I have wondered whether a home team has to provide equipment to the visiting team so that the two sides have equivalent equipment. For example, I’m pretty sure the home team has to provide communications equipment so the sideline can talk to the coaches in the booth etc. That must not be the case for the ice fishing sheds — those were a good idea. Most of the guys stayed outside and watched the game but if they wanted to get out of the elements, they could.
                      Rules I found online earlier this morning, which may be somewhat dated, suggest the home team must only provide two sideline heaters, if requested by visiting team (pg. 15).

If the sheds are legal, I'd hope they'd have them during playoffs too.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        I will be a witness to the fact of 10 degree weather with a NW breeze in Brookings is much more difficult weather than 30 degrees and sunny without the NW breeze. However, it is doable. I doubt the numbers would have been much larger with 30 degrees.
                        Curious what impact USD having shot at playoffs might've had on attendance, as both MSU and UM matchup had playoff implications for both teams, whereas Dakota Showdown really only impacted Jacks' playoff seeding

Comment

• GDT: USD Coyotes

If I’m our AD I’m jumping the MVFCs **** about never having this game at the end of the season again. I do not want to have a rivalry game at the end of the season against a team who never has anything to play for while we have everything to play for. It just opens the door for all the cheap **** to happen like this. The USeD game should start the season and the Marker Game should end it. The other factor is if this game is early we get a possible sell out due to weather and they will probably have sold themselves on the idea they could be good. Show this tape to the conference and tell them you don’t want this to happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                            If I’m our AD I’m jumping the MVFCs **** about never having this game at the end of the season again. I do not want to have a rivalry game at the end of the season against a team who never has anything to play for while we have everything to play for. It just opens the door for all the cheap **** to happen like this. The USeD game should start the season and the Marker Game should end it. The other factor is if this game is early we get a possible sell out due to weather and they will probably have sold themselves on the idea they could be good. Show this tape to the conference and tell them you don’t want this to happen again.

i think we already used our one request to not have home games on pheasant opener
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

How about starting the MVFC slate with the Dakota Showdown, as they generally opt to have non-conference opener? USD may also favor earlier scheduling because it'd minimize any possible issues with having HS playoff games during similar timeframe.

Comment

If I’m our AD I’m jumping the MVFCs **** about never having this game at the end of the season again. I do not want to have a rivalry game at the end of the season against a team who never has anything to play for while we have everything to play for. It just opens the door for all the cheap **** to happen like this. The USeD game should start the season and the Marker Game should end it. The other factor is if this game is early we get a possible sell out due to weather and they will probably have sold themselves on the idea they could be good. Show this tape to the conference and tell them you don’t want this to happen again. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I respectfully disagree. For the sake of keeping attendance up in the late fall, the Jacks need a good, season-ending home game.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X