Baylor already,C'mon !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baylor already,C'mon !

I know it's pretty early to be talking about the Baylor game, but since we have a little "history" with them, there might be a little more interest in this game than your average P-5 team. My thoughts are really questions about how we go about dealing with their size. I've concluded that problem is being looked at and evaluated by our very capable coaching staff and trust them to ultimately come up with the best plan, but it might be fun to kick some idea's around, or not. One game that's a little encouraging is our game against NC State we won last year, that team had pretty good size too. Anyway, for tose who have nothing better to do like me, might like watching this, (retired, Niardos?) here's Baylor playing a team similar to the way we play, Ariz St....just to give you an idea of the challenge we'll be facing a week from today.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-16-2018, 03:40 PM. Reason: revised to be clearer

Re: Baylor already,C'mon !

I have to be honest, and I know many of you will find this odd, but I have a crush on Kim Mulkey. I just love the way she throws down her blazer in anger!
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      I know it's pretty early to be talking about the Baylor game, but since we have a little "history" with them, there might be a little more interest in this game than your average P-5 team. My thoughts are really questions about how we go about dealing with their size. I've concluded that problem is being looked at and evaluated by our very capable coaching staff and trust them to ultimately come up with the best plan, but it might be fun to kick some idea's around, or not. One game that's a little encouraging is our game against NC State we won last year, that team had pretty good size too. Anyway, for tose who have nothing better to do like me (retired, Niardos?) here's Baylor playing a team similar to the way we play, Ariz St....just to give you an idea of the challenge we'll be facing a week from today.
      Oh boy dont have time to watch but it is interesting. ASU is not on the schedule, except for Wrestling and we know how that came out.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        I have to be honest, and I know many of you will find this odd, but I have a crush on Kim Mulkey. I just love the way she throws down her blazer in anger!
        I would hate to be one who pays her clothing bill. That can not be small.

Comment

Being away from Frost, I just hope that we keep it competitive beyond halftime and don’t get so caught up in this game that it affects the one we REALLY need to win the following day. Anything beyond that is a bonus as far as I’m concerned. I’d hope for something more if it was being played in front of 4,000 in Brookings.

One thing that is certain - we’re not going to get 50+ points in the paint like last night so those 3’s will need to be falling at about a 50%+ rate to hang in there. It’s possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            Being away from Frost, I just hope that we keep it competitive beyond halftime and don’t get so caught up in this game that it affects the one we REALLY need to win the following day. Anything beyond that is a bonus as far as I’m concerned. I’d hope for something more if it was being played in front of 4,000 in Brookings.

One thing that is certain - we’re not going to get 50+ points in the paint like last night so those 3’s will need to be falling at about a 50%+ rate to hang in there. It’s possible.
            I don't know if we are quit there yet, like we usually are mid-season and beyond, for shooting threes yet ,Maddie is heating up, Macy , most of the team seems to be finding the range. I think we move much better without the ball than Ariz St , we are constant motion, the lanes to the bucket constantly changing. But yes, it will be a big task, and the ball has to bounce the right way, we have to play well, and I'll be satisfied, just like 2008-2009 season.

Comment

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I'd like to see Kim's jacket hanging from the rafters, you know, like they hang NCAA championship banners, someone comes into the arena and says "hey, what's that jacket doing hanging up there?" person replies "Oh, that's Kim Mulkey's jacket, her team was losing to the Jackrabbits of SDSU, so she tore off her jacket and flung it, that's where it landed."

Comment

right next to the ball Jerry Finkbeiner kicked when the Jacks beat ORU.

Comment

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      right next to the ball Jerry Finkbeiner kicked when the Jacks beat ORU.
                      ….. Ha!

Comment

I'll just put this here,#3 Baylor in women's basketball, lost their first game, 68-63 to #11 Stanford.....today,effect on our rpi???Makes Gonzaga probably new #1 in Mid-major poll, since that (Stanford) was their ranked team they defeated.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-15-2018, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Baylor just beat #1 UConn by 11,68-57, way to go Bears, just gave our RPI a huge shot in the arm.

Comment

Our old friend Kim Mulkey is leaving Baylor to become coach at LSU. She is a Louisiana native and played at Louisiana Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Our old friend Kim Mulkey is leaving Baylor to become coach at LSU. She is a Louisiana native and played at Louisiana Tech.
                              Over/under on the number of games until she wears a gator skin blazer?

Related prop bet -- number of minutes before said gator blazer is shed and chucked at refs in consternation?

Comment

Working...
                              X