Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits @ FGCU Eagles in Alico Arena(The Nest)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits @ FGCU Eagles in Alico Arena(The Nest)

Foul calls weren’t terrible. Maybe a few flops but can sometimes go both ways.
    Need Dentlinger to put it up instead of taking a dribble or pump faking.
    Owen had some good passes but hopefully his dribbling improves when pressured.
    Bigs need to guard/step-out on the three better when screened at the top of the key.
    Blows to lose but potential rematch in 3 games.
    It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      Refs did not lose this game. Of Daum, Jenkins and Tevin's 15 fouls, at least 10 were mind numbingly stupid. And all but 1 of our freshman are not ready to contribute.
      Most freshmen aren't ready to contribute four games into their careers, especially when you have to play 3 or 4 of them together in an end of game pressure situation in their first road game. We've been spoiled recently with how Daum and Jenkins have burst on to the scene as freshmen. But remember how long it took Key to get it last year ? And he was a third year player. Same thing with Flatten and Tevin King as freshmen. Skyler battled injuries, but you could honestly say it took 2 or 3 years before he really contributed much.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Most freshmen aren't ready to contribute four games into their careers, especially when you have to play 3 or 4 of them together in an end of game pressure situation in their first road game. We've been spoiled recently with how Daum and Jenkins have burst on to the scene as freshmen. But remember how long it took Key to get it last year ? And he was a third year player. Same thing with Flatten and Tevin King as freshmen. Skyler battled injuries, but you could honestly say it took 2 or 3 years before he really contributed much.
        I agree. These guys are still learning how to play off each other.

I think that the issue that King is having is the same one that Key had to start the year. At the last level they played at they could dribble and not get into trouble. At this level there is a point in which you can bounce it too much. One King learns he will be hard to get off the court as a PG.

I would still like to see Skyler be more aggressive. It has to be hard when you have two guys like Daum and Jenkins, but he held his own last night and showed that he can be counted on as a scorer.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Didn't get to watch, but can't see any reason to get too bent out of shape. Disappointed though. Know the guys will bounce back.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

FGCU game presser
            https://www.youtube.com/user/FGCUAthletics
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Close game which I dont know much about the current fgcu lineup but figured would be. Hard game. Have they been to frost? I am drawing a blank.
              FGCU was at the Pentagon 11/2014 which was a win for FGCU. 11/2015 was a win in Florida for the Jackrabbits.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                FGCU was at the Pentagon 11/2014 which was a win for FGCU. 11/2015 was a win in Florida for the Jackrabbits.
                Thanks I thought we only played them once there.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

A bench consisting entirely of freshmen is definitely going to result in some “unexpected” OOC struggles. There will be more to come on nights when the starters have issues. Get it out of the way now.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Most of them have been here a year to a year and a half so it is more than four games but I agree that it might take them two or three years to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                      Most of them have been here a year to a year and a half so it is more than four games but I agree that it might take them two or three years to get ready.
                      Being able to practice a year as redshirts helps, but none of them saw actual game action until two weeks ago.

Comment

Jenkins is so improved this year. I’ll admit I was hard on him at times last year but he did have the worst fg percentage on the team. He’s efficient with his scoring this year. Even his tough shots have a calmness about them and are typically timely at the end of the shot clock or “heat check” type spots. He will have much improved efficiency numbers this year.

Daum might have had zero fouls last night. 3 flop charges, a phantom hand check, and a tap out where he didn’t touch anyone. Our best players were either handcuffed or not in the game. Anyone who says officiating didn’t decide that game is delusional. Re-watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                          Jenkins is so improved this year. I’ll admit I was hard on him at times last year but he did have the worst fg percentage on the team. He’s efficient with his scoring this year. Even his tough shots have a calmness about them and are typically timely at the end of the shot clock or “heat check” type spots. He will have much improved efficiency numbers this year.

Daum might have had zero fouls last night. 3 flop charges, a phantom hand check, and a tap out where he didn’t touch anyone. Our best players were either handcuffed or not in the game. Anyone who says officiating didn’t decide that game is delusional. Re-watch it.
                          There were some questionable calls, but the team needs to learn to adjust to games that are being called a little "ticky-tacky" so they aren't sitting on the bench. Three offensive calls just shows that he didnt adjust the the flopping. The way that Mike sometimes drives lends itself to the flop being called.
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

That was a tough loss, but it'll pay dividends.

O King had a couple of poor turnovers at the end, but he did make a couple of plays that we didn't see him look at in earlier games.

The more the younger guys can step up and gain experience, the better for the team.

Comment

Working...
                            X