GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Creighton Bluejays @ Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Creighton Bluejays @ Frost

The Creighton Coach was a real piece of art in working the refs. The replay camera showed a number of bad calls, but still the with a big deficit he ragged and ragged.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      Hola, I sent you a PM can you see it? Sorry everybody else for this post
      For good of the cause: Slosho was having a problem sending PM’s— the software seemed to be blocking his messages. It was a little humorous when I tried to send a PM back to Slosho but it was blocked. In my case, I was able to address the problem by cleaning out a bunch of old PMs sent and received. SLOSHO: did you get my PM?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
        Creighton is really down, wow. Only one of their players would get significant minutes for us. We just killed them all night. Final score was closer than the game actually was...
        And NDSU got throttled by 35 by them. NDSU wake up and clean house you are dragging Summit League down.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          And NDSU got throttled by 35 by them. NDSU wake up and clean house you are dragging Summit League down.
          I know one thing for sure, the ndsu fans I know who are ndsu fans and not the run of the mill ndsu football only fans are really pissed about the situation. They wanted Walseth gone a while ago now, appears their prior AD made quite the blunder with her contract though. Quite the mess they have there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
            I know one thing for sure, the ndsu fans I know who are ndsu fans and not the run of the mill ndsu football only fans are really pissed about the situation. They wanted Walseth gone a while ago now, appears their prior AD made quite the blunder with her contract though. Quite the mess they have there.

Sorry for pulling NDSU into SDSU GDT thread but it looks like NDSU is once again short-handed. Sara Jacobson is taking a redshirt and Reily Jacobson (best player from last year, Honorable Mention Summit League) is either taking redshirt or suspended or both (Bisonville doesn't know for sure). And their roster has 5 international players which tells me they are struggling with recruiting.

Regarding Creighton game. SDSU's defense was suffocating. Schedule doesn't get any easier.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post

That team really is a dumpster fire of epic proportions. Apparently, their two best players aren't even playing this year.

Sarah Jacobson, 2nd in scoring for the Bison last year, is redshirting this year. Bison fans wonder if she's trying not to waste a year in hopes Walseth will be gone after this year.

Reilly Jacobson (no relation to Sarah), their leading scorer and rebounder last year, is suspended for the year this year for violating team rules.

They've also got 5 foreign players on the team. It's almost as if no one wants to play for NDSU/Walseth.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Sorry for pulling NDSU into SDSU GDT thread but it looks like NDSU is once again short-handed. Sara Jacobson is taking a redshirt and Reily Jacobson (best player from last year, Honorable Mention Summit League) is either taking redshirt or suspended or both (Bisonville doesn't know for sure). And their roster has 5 international players which tells me they are struggling with recruiting.

Regarding Creighton game. SDSU's defense was suffocating. Schedule doesn't get any easier.
                Well, that was creepily similar to my post!
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  The Creighton Coach was a real piece of art in working the refs. The replay camera showed a number of bad calls, but still the with a big deficit he ragged and ragged.
                  You are probably right about working the refs ,he probably needed something to keep his players spirits up a little,on camera and in post game interviews, he's very complimentary toward us and seems like a pretty humble guy,as coaches go, he's seems about average all and all.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    You are probably right about working the refs ,he probably needed something to keep his players spirits up a little,on camera and in post game interviews, he's very complimentary toward us and seems like a pretty humble guy,as coaches go, he's seems about average all and all.
                    He was indeed entertaining. It been so long that I attended a game, that I forgot what row I was sitting in. Had seats in Row six since priority seating came into being, but tried to sit in row 5. Wrong!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      I thought the brief half-time floor interview of the Creighton coach by the Midco rep was a nice change from the typical 40-second question and answer. The coach tried to explain what his team had to do in holding screens etc. Anyway, seems like a nice guy who was really frustrated during the game because his team was getting hammered in most aspects of the game. They were missing their #2 player but even so, the margin of victory makes me think that if they had that player on the floor, the score would maybe have been a little closer but the Jacks were just ready to pounce last night.

I thought the Jackrabbits appeared to be in good condition and showed great intensity throughout the game -- played like they had a third of their season already in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        I thought the brief half-time floor interview of the Creighton coach by the Midco rep was a nice change from the typical 40-second question and answer. The coach tried to explain what his team had to do in holding screens etc. Anyway, seems like a nice guy who was really frustrated during the game because his team was getting hammered in most aspects of the game. They were missing their #2 player but even so, the margin of victory makes me think that if they had that player on the floor, the score would maybe have been a little closer but the Jacks were just ready to pounce last night.

I thought the Jackrabbits appeared to be in good condition and showed great intensity throughout the game -- played like they had a third of their season already in the books.
                        Listening to Scotty on the way home, he mentioned 12 steals and as best I recall scoring buckets, the game was won on the steals since we got 24 easy points, which means Creighton would have had to match with 8 threes which did not happen until late in the game. Being at the game, I saw the long tall blonde doing the interview and I would have loved to hear him explain his screens that got Selland in foul trouble in the first half. The screens often got nasty for a women's game.

Comment

Basically, Creigton was over matched in this game until their starters got to feast off our Freshman in the 4th quarter. Their offense was predicated off getting open 3's off of screens or trying to penetrate. Our players simply looked more athletic and had a couple of inches on them all over the court. When they got into a "flow" was when Palmer was isolated on Faber who was simply able to just shoot over the top of her. When Selland on the court Faber was able to do nothing. Pretty sure Myah is going to have the ability to be the Summit League Player of the Year the next couple of years. She kind of reminds me of bit of Ashley Luke from Western Illinois in what she can do.

Towards the end Creighton started to get a bit chippy with holding on screens and chest bumping players on the drive. The Creigton coach really looked like he wanted a T in the 4th as he was working the officials hard even when we had nothing but Freshman/Bultsma on the court.

Comment

Here is the post game presser. Coach Flannery is good guy.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qx_YFHbpzY

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                              Basically, Creigton was over matched in this game until their starters got to feast off our Freshman in the 4th quarter. Their offense was predicated off getting open 3's off of screens or trying to penetrate. Our players simply looked more athletic and had a couple of inches on them all over the court. When they got into a "flow" was when Palmer was isolated on Faber who was simply able to just shoot over the top of her. When Selland on the court Faber was able to do nothing. Pretty sure Myah is going to have the ability to be the Summit League Player of the Year the next couple of years. She kind of reminds me of bit of Ashley Luke from Western Illinois in what she can do.

Towards the end Creighton started to get a bit chippy with holding on screens and chest bumping players on the drive. The Creigton coach really looked like he wanted a T in the 4th as he was working the officials hard even when we had nothing but Freshman/Bultsma on the court.
                              a
                              When Coach Flannery reviews the game tape, he will realize how entertaining he was and it sure looked like he was bucking for a T to help his ladies regroup emotionally.

Comment

Creighton defeated # 19 DePaul today. Our win against them carries a lot more weight now than a little more than a month ago when Creighton was struggling and in a 3 game losing streak. Should help our RPI when past opponents get big wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X