X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD week

Zimmer on the crampgate scandal

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...te/1993179002/

what will their excuse be this year when we beat them?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

Takeaway quote from the article: "Whatever."
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Takeaway quote from the article: "Whatever."
        Thats exactly what i said after reading it.

Comment

It was probably Tom douple and his collusion with sdsu to screw over usd even more.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Don’t hate me but it did look like they were faking the cramps.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              A USD fan made this video: https://twitter.com/wdiamond605/stat...29081998598144

Not sure if it contains every instance where a player went down or not.
              It looks like it might have been Cox (4), rest of SDSU (1) and I remember at least one USD cramp. It looks like he left that one out of his video.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                Still hasnt nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

Comment

I don't understand how anyone thinks they can tell the difference between a fake cramp and a real cramp. What does a real cramp look like? What does a real cramp look like?

It sounds like Cox has a history of cramping up, and he was the primary culprit/victim during the USD game.

I'm with him, whatever.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Still hasnt nothing to do with the outcome of the game.
                    Better watch out or the 'Yote fans'll latch on to that double negative.

I was on the road to see a Vikes game that Sun. last year, so I couldn't view the video live.

Based on the 'Yote fan's clip, do you think we could suggest that it was all a nefarious conspiracy to gain Vern Eide ad time free of the distraction of game play?

Comment

Not sure if you watch the HS football playoffs, but as goon mentioned, it's not uncommon for players during those games in 'Dome to suffer cramps as well (and it's occurred over multiple seasons). Suppose pro-'Yote cynics could say the Jacks' strategies are being adopted at the HS level too (or maybe they could invest in adequate HVAC equipment).

Comment

Better not warn the Coyotes about how slippery the turf could be on a chilly November afternoon, and how USD's unprepared receivers and d-backs could be sliding all over the place. Especially after groundskeepers water down the field and the visitors' sideline to the home team's specifications on Friday night. No, better not tell Coyote fans about that. They've already got enough nonsense about cramping to fret about.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          Better not warn the Coyotes about how slippery the turf could be on a chilly November afternoon, and how USD's unprepared receivers and d-backs could be sliding all over the place. Especially after groundskeepers water down the field and the visitors' sideline to the home team's specifications on Friday night. No, better not tell Coyote fans about that. They've already got enough nonsense about cramping to fret about.
                          It'll be interesting to see how many of their players develop cramps if/when the Jacks offense starts scoring on quick strikes and/or 80yd PSJ runs.

Comment

I think so too. Don't care though.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                              I was wondering why Cox kept coming back in if he did most of the cramping.
                              Because he faked it, duh.

I hope we actually have someone blatantly fake cramps this time, just to troll them.

Comment

I think the forced outrage of a few Yotes fans over cramping is hilarious.

When I was running in high school and then at SDSU, I would go through periods of struggling with leg cramps. I take Cox at his word. The few Yotes fans who dwell on cramps have brain cramps. USD's loss wasn't caused by leg cramps.

People can talk about cramps all day long but last year's game won't have any impact on Saturday's game.

Prediction: Stig adds another W to his record against USD and as a result, a few of the Yotes persuassion will be outraged about something stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X