Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(#2) @ Central Michigan Chippewas(#3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(#2) @ Central Michigan Chippewas(#3)

2-1 coming in for the Creighton game is a good place. 3 tough opponents and 2-1 is a good place. This win on the road is a great statement for the OOC schedule. Macy's line of 23 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, & 2 steals is a great senior report. Madi throwing in 24 points and 4 rebounds and 2 assists is great support. The OOC schedule looks OK at this point. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      2-1 coming in for the Creighton game is a good place. 3 tough opponents and 2-1 is a good place. This win on the road is a great statement for the OOC schedule. Macy's line of 23 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, & 2 steals is a great senior report. Madi throwing in 24 points and 4 rebounds and 2 assists is great support. The OOC schedule looks OK at this point. Go Jacks!!

I agree, it's just too bad they had to puke soo hard at Marquette. I would feel really dang good even with a 10 point loss there.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        I agree, it's just too bad they had to puke soo hard at Marquette. I would feel really dang good even with a 10 point loss there.
        The SDSU women always seem to have one of "those games" every year. Here's hoping they got it out of the way right out of the chute with Marquette.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Two top-10 mid-major wins in four days. That’s a fine way to bounce back after a sluggish opener. Our senior leaders seem to be finding their groove and showed how they can light up the scoreboard tonight.

Comment

What an outstanding victory! Two solid wins in a row. Looks like we have settled into a 9 person rotation which seems about right. Now on to Creighton. USD beat them by double digits at their place, so will be a good comparison early in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Two top-10 mid-major wins in four days. That’s a fine way to bounce back after a sluggish opener. Our senior leaders seem to be finding their groove and showed how they can light up the scoreboard tonight.
              We play 5 of the top 8 mid-major teams, and we are one of the top eight.

Comment

went to the game, for a small crowd it was loud, about 15 Jacks fans in the house including Steph Paluch and her new hubby, had a nice chat with her at halftime. CMU has a nice house but really needs updated score boards and video board. what they have are old,one for each team and only show whos on the floor with points and fouls, team fouls and timeouts. video board only shows time and score, video looks like Standard definition in stretched mode on a hd tv. No replays. Frank Kurtenbach, co founder of Daktronics was at the game, wonder what he thought of their scoreboards. Their big three are good, two had at least 24 pts each and the third was close to if not over 20. The CMU fans I talked to were very impressed with the Jacks, I dont think they expected them to be that good. They had nothing but good to say about Macy and Maddie G. Myah did suffer a dislocated pinkie finger but after the doctor reset it and taped she returned to action.
                Last edited by SturgisJeff; 11-13-2018, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                  went to the game, for a small crowd it was loud, about 15 Jacks fans in the house including Steph Paluch and her new hubby, had a nice chat with her at halftime. CMU has a nice house but really needs updated score boards and video board. what they have are old,one for each team and only show whos on the floor with points and fouls, team fouls and timeouts. video board only shows time and score, video looks like Standard definition in stretched mode on a hd tv. No replays. Frank Kurtenbach, co founder of Daktronics was at the game, wonder what he thought of their scoreboards. Their big three are good, two had at least 24 pts each and the third was close to if not over 20. The CMU fans I talked to were very impressed with the Jacks, I dont think they expected them to be that good. They had nothing but good to say about Macy and Maddie G. Myah did suffer a dislocated pinkie finger but after the doctor reset it and taped she returned to action.
                  Thanks for the update! I was kind of disappointed in Myah’s line. But seeing she suffered that kind of an injury, it makes more sense! I really wasn’t expecting us to win this game, especially at their place. Shows what this team is capable of.

Comment

New top 25 released, we drop to #4 ,that's about right I think with the drubbing we had at Marquette.The ranking is just a crude pecking order for fan interest, in my opinion, looks like it doesn't reflect our last game, we are good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      New top 25 released, we drop to #4 ,that's about right I think with the drubbing we had at Marquette.The ranking is just a crude pecking order for fan interest, in my opinion, looks like it doesn't reflect our last game, we are good to go.
                      I don’t feel too bad considering we’ve already beaten one of the teams ranked ahead of us and have a chance to play the other 2. USD up to 6 with a chance to move higher with an upcoming game against Drake.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                        I don’t feel too bad considering we’ve already beaten one of the teams ranked ahead of us and have a chance to play the other 2. USD up to 6 with a chance to move higher with an upcoming game against Drake.
                        Agree

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                          Alred Kurtenbach along with a guy named Sanders co founded Daktronics. Frank a younger brother was big in football and wrestling atSDSU in the 1960's. Frank taught and coached wrestling at Washington High in SF and later joined Daktronics and held high level jobs. I think he was responsible for recruiting former SDSU athletes for sales. He has not been the greatest in health and I seen around the clinics in Brookings a great deal. I am surprised he was at the game. The Kurtenbach family is large with Alred being among the oldest and Frank the youngest I believe. Chuck Cecil wrote a book about the Kurtenbach's and I think on the cover, they are going to a amateur baseball game in a truck with many of them riding in the back box of the truck. Sounds like a great game. Thanks for the report.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            Alred Kurtenbach along with a guy named Sanders co founded Daktronics. Frank a younger brother was big in football and wrestling atSDSU in the 1960's. Frank taught and coached wrestling at Washington High in SF and later joined Daktronics and held high level jobs. I think he was responsible for recruiting former SDSU athletes for sales. He has not been the greatest in health and I seen around the clinics in Brookings a great deal. I am surprised he was at the game. The Kurtenbach family is large with Alred being among the oldest and Frank the youngest I believe. Chuck Cecil wrote a book about the Kurtenbach's and I think on the cover, they are going to a amateur baseball game in a truck with many of them riding in the back box of the truck. Sounds like a great game. Thanks for the report.
                            thanks for the correction.

Comment

Chippewas beat #24 ranked Miami, helping keep our RPI up, also, Chattanooga wins vs Maine, good win for them,breaks 7 game losing streak.

Comment

Working...
                              X