ASU at the Pentagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASU at the Pentagon

I’m super disappointed to have to miss this one. Dang families and their time requirements......

Anyway, who wants two primo tickets? Front and center, row one in section J. I can email them to you. $25 for the pair with a Paypal payment.

Re: ASU at the Pentagon

Sold. Time to sign up for Flowrestling, I guess. Hoping for a big win to start the season.

Comment

SDSU falls 30-9
      Gross got a pin and Zac Carlson got a 9-1 victory at 197. Those were the only 2 wins for SDSU. 17th ranked Pohlmeyer fell 5-3 to the 11th ranked kid out of Arizona State. HWT Wolters fell 9-8 in overtime. Crowd of 1,853 showed up to the pentagon. Arizona State really silenced the crowd most of the dual.

Comment

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ts/1924934002/

Comment

Henry and Wolters I feel kinda got shafted IMO. Other than these and the 2 wins I feel we were out hustled and out worked. but then again a bunch of it might be due to us being a young team.

Comment

This team won’t win many team duals this year, but they’ll have some individuals that will do well. Hahn will need 3-4 years to start to turn it around.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              This team won’t win many team duals this year, but they’ll have some individuals that will do well. Hahn will need 3-4 years to start to turn it around.
              Arizona State is also a really really good team
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                Agreed. I’m worried the average fans will think it’s because Bono left.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                  I should have added that. I guess that I just assumed that.

Comment

My first wrestling duel in many years. Regardless of results what an amazing environment! Hahn will continue to move the program forward. It appears recruiting is going well! Better crowd than any Jack's basketball game at the Pentagon. They were just waiting to explode!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      My first wrestling duel in many years. Regardless of results what an amazing environment! Hahn will continue to move the program forward. It appears recruiting is going well! Better crowd than any Jack's basketball game at the Pentagon. They were just waiting to explode!
                      If you thought that was an amazing environment it pales in comparison to last year at Frost. Agree the crowd was just itching to explode today. Wrestling environment at Frost is much better than basketball crowds. I just hope that the exciting environment isn’t lost due to the Jacks more than likely going through a rebuilding phase. If nothing else Seth Gross is a must see.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        If you thought that was an amazing environment it pales in comparison to last year at Frost. Agree the crowd was just itching to explode today. Wrestling environment at Frost is much better than basketball crowds. I just hope that the exciting environment isn’t lost due to the Jacks more than likely going through a rebuilding phase. If nothing else Seth Gross is a must see.
                        Agreed.

From a dual team perspective, this year is going to be rough. Next year may be as well. But the trend of this program is still going the right direction and it's being done with high quality student athletes. I think the fans will stay, but we'll need to do some convincing of those that were there to see Bono's energy as much as the wrestling.

We didn't see the best Jackrabbit team today. Having Martin Mueller back would help, as it will get Zach Carlson to his proper weight. It may make sense to have Clay Carlson (141) and Tanner Sloan (197) redshirt this year, but both could help this dual team. Our best team would probably have Z Carlson (174), Mueller (184), and Sloan (197) in the lineup, but not sure that will happen this year. I also think that Henry would still be better at 141 vs. 149, but our best dual team would probably have Clay Carlson at 141 and Henry at 149.

Losing Connor Brown to follow Bono hurts...he'd help tremendously at 125 but his personality/antics are probably a better fit for Bono instead of Hahn and co., so ultimately it may be better that he left.
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                          Agreed.

From a dual team perspective, this year is going to be rough. Next year may be as well. But the trend of this program is still going the right direction and it's being done with high quality student athletes. I think the fans will stay, but we'll need to do some convincing of those that were there to see Bono's energy as much as the wrestling.

We didn't see the best Jackrabbit team today. Having Martin Mueller back would help, as it will get Zach Carlson to his proper weight. It may make sense to have Clay Carlson (141) and Tanner Sloan (197) redshirt this year, but both could help this dual team. Our best team would probably have Z Carlson (174), Mueller (184), and Sloan (197) in the lineup, but not sure that will happen this year. I also think that Henry would still be better at 141 vs. 149, but our best dual team would probably have Clay Carlson at 141 and Henry at 149.

Losing Connor Brown to follow Bono hurts...he'd help tremendously at 125 but his personality/antics are probably a better fit for Bono instead of Hahn and co., so ultimately it may be better that he left.
                          I haven't seen any mention of Alex Lloyd so I am guessing he is redshirting ?

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            I’m a fairly new and causal wrestling fan, but how do you get what Bono left and have to turn anything around? I get being young but turning it around infers that the team was bad wouldn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I know pretty much nothing about many in yesterday’s lineup other than that they’re trying to replace some big time wrestlers in Zilverberg, Kocer, Rotert and (probably) Brown. That’s a big batch of point-scorers to go all at once.

Dis we have some unexpected losses on Sunday?

I’m looking forward to joining what will hopefully be a nice crowd Saturday after the FB game.

Comment

Working...
                              X