GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(#2) vs FGCU Eagles(#8) @ Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(#2) vs FGCU Eagles(#8) @ Frost

FGCU and SDSU would be considered very similar. The Eagles have been D1 for 12 years. They have had the same coach for 17 years. Both teams have been considered strong mid major programs. Karl Smesko also was a coach for the (Summit)Mastodons back in 1999-2000. He was an early proponent of the 3 pt shot at Ft Wayne. He has 1+ more year of experience as head coach than AJ. He is about 55 wins ahead of AJ as well. The Eagle roster does not show any player 6'0" or taller. They also show 10 of the 18 on the roster as starting their college basketball at another school. It is #2 vs #8 in the Mid Major Poll. It is the first game for the Eagles and they return 20 of the 87 points scored in the victory over the Jackrabbits last year. It is a great day for the Jackrabbits to get on the winning track with a victory in Frost Arena. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(#2) vs FGCU Eagles(#8) @ Frost

I'm wondering how many TO's SDSU will have in this game. If FGCU doesn't have anybody 6', I'm assuming that they will be a quick scrappy team. SDSU has problems with that type of team sometimes. I don't know if FGCU presses but if they do I hope SDSU looks to pass over the press and get easy buckets. I don't know about getting into a running game but an easy bucket is an easy bucket.
    Of course, I have not seen them play so they might not do any of this.

Comment

It appears the game is on ESPN3 tonight
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        It appears the game is on ESPN3 tonight
        And Midco
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I hope the attitude is redemption because I would hope that the team wants to get the taste of the last game out their memory. I know I do. Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
            I'm wondering how many TO's SDSU will have in this game. If FGCU doesn't have anybody 6', I'm assuming that they will be a quick scrappy team. SDSU has problems with that type of team sometimes. I don't know if FGCU presses but if they do I hope SDSU looks to pass over the press and get easy buckets. I don't know about getting into a running game but an easy bucket is an easy bucket.
            Of course, I have not seen them play so they might not do any of this.
            It sounds like you are right on based on AJ's pregame interview. In fact, he says he's starting Irwin over Burckhard because of FGCU's short-and-quick lineup. Our guards have to be sharp tonight. Really sharp.

Comment

Soo....6 turnovers, 5 minutes in...and FGCU is hittin' three's...not a good combo.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

We are very relaxed team, a little too relaxed, a little soft on three's, and everyone who watches film on us knows when the drive gets cut off, we imediately pass it back out, behind us, they're just waiting for it. Still a lot of time, but got to keep it closer until we correct some things.

Comment

Not hitting our outside shots and everything underneath gets blocked.

22-12 FGCU after 1.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

We'd of been better off being ranked at about #15 in the mid-major poll and have to earn a higher ranking than starting off at # 2 , and assuming we don't have to work hard to beat good teams.With this schedule and the level of competition we're facing,the way we're playing, it might be awhile to get our first win. But, time to turn it around....go jacks!!

Comment

The gap in athleticism is WIDE. SDSU has beaten plenty of athletic teams before but have to be shooting and executing really well to do it. That was definitely not the case in the first quarter. It's been a little better since. We'll see how well the conditioning program has been working by the time this one gets to the 4th quarter. The pace looks pretty exhausting.

Comment

Getting our confidence back, can't under estimate confidence. We're battling now, made up a big defecit, that's hard to do against elite teams.

Comment

WAAAY better 2nd quarter, only down 1 at half.

Comment

Wonder if the level of intensity will actually go up the second half? With two teams who are used to winning it's entirely possible.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              Wonder if the level of intensity will actually go up the second half? With two teams who are used to winning it's entirely possible.
                              Punch them in the mouth again. If that is not so much fun, punch them in the gut.

Comment

Working...
                              X