GDT: Shrine Game @ Frost Jackrabbits vs Alabama State Hornets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Shrine Game @ Frost Jackrabbits vs Alabama State Hornets

First game of the year for me last night and liked a lot of what I saw from the Jacks.

Skyler Flatten- How fun is it to see him out there being aggressive and being a leader on the floor. His athletic potential is through the roof. It took him a while to get to that point but I'm glad he did. He is going to be a beast this year! You can tell he is having fun.
    The athleticism of the freshman is fantastic. All of them. They just need to get comfortable on the court. Dentlinger and Dillon will be huge assets inside. Both have the braun to hold their own. Dillon had an amazing rebound late in the game and REFUSED to let three defenders get their hands on the ball, more of that nattiness please! Dentlinger is physical and has a really nice touch around the basket. Owen King really impressed me handling the ball and pulled off some crazy good passes. The players on the receiving end of them were looking for them too so you know he must be doing it routinely. He is going to be fun to watch. Looking forward to seeing him shoot and drive more as time goes on. Tevin King had a typical hard nosed game. David Jenkins had a tough night offensively but that is one player we don't have to worry about. He will come out firing on Saturday. Just didn't get anything to fall and had the assignment on their best scorer.

Wish I could have seen the game against GCU. Last night there was definitely some sloppy play. We went for 7 minutes without scoring at one point. With that many new faces in there you have to expect some of that early on in the season. You have to be excited about the team overall. Not only because of the veterans but the athleticism of the entire team is going to be fun. There will no doubt be some ups and downs in non=conference but they will be tough to beat in conference.

Get to Frost and watch these guys play. You will not be disappointed!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Matt Zimmer‏Verified account @argusmattz 13h13 hours ago More

Meant to mention this before because I get asked about it alot: Michael Carter, the transfer from Washington, is very much on the team. Right now TJ is choosing not to have him on the bench during games.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Agree with everyone that Owen King had a much better game. Had some dare I say Nate-like passes last night. Would like to see him shoot it a little, he air balled one bad in the exhibition and has looked tentative to shoot since. Same thing with Arians. They are here for a reason and they'll get some to fall.

Did anyone else think that team was sneaky chippy? Thought our guys kept their cool and didn't even subtly retaliate

Comment

Working...
        X