OOC Summit WBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OOC Summit WBB

Well, things are starting to clear up a bit as the preseason is going on. My mid OOC tier rankings:

Tier 1- SDSU, USD
    Tier 2- Denver
    Tier 3- UND, WIU, ORU, UNO
    Tier 4- IPFW, NDSU

Also, Lexi Klabo is a beast and at least right now looks like the favorite to win Summit Player of the Year. She is carrying an otherwise below average UND team to nearly being competitive...

Comment

Sun Belt preseason 3rd place pick UT Arlington goes to Tulsa and defeats ORU 80-62.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
        Well, things are starting to clear up a bit as the preseason is going on. My mid OOC tier rankings:

Tier 1- SDSU, USD
        Tier 2- Denver
        Tier 3- UND, WIU, ORU, UNO
        Tier 4- IPFW, NDSU

Also, Lexi Klabo is a beast and at least right now looks like the favorite to win Summit Player of the Year. She is carrying an otherwise below average UND team to nearly being competitive...
        ORU , I thought, had potential , but could never get that player or two added to the two or three good players they always have had to make for a really good team, hope Misty can find some in the future, they're slipping back a little it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          ORU , I thought, had potential , but could never get that player or two added to the two or three good players they always have had to make for a really good team, hope Misty can find some in the future, they're slipping back a little it seems.
          Losing Martianez a year early certainly didn’t help them. I tend to think that when women’s programs are loading up on foreign players they are doing something wrong. You can’t tell me there isn’t talent in that part of the country they could be pulling in. Misty really seems like a great person and a decent coach, but they just seem to struggle on the recruiting side.

UNO is intriguing to me as they seemed to have really brought in some size in their freshman class. Their starting post is big and slow, but a couple of their other bigs seem like they have some potential. Will see if they can actually develop it.

UND seems like they are in there last year of a “run” as they team is a bunch of mediocre players with one ultra stud in Klabo. It’s a sign of how bad the Bison are that a Fargo girl with this much talent went north.

WIU has absolutely no size. In fact, Annabelle G. is actually considered their post and jumps tips for them. They are getting absolutely destroyed on the glass. They will probably have a game or two when they go unconscious from three, but they could easily slip to 7th in the conference.
          Last edited by SteelSD; 12-06-2018, 10:32 PM.

Comment

North Dakota loses the first game played in Grand Forks. 64-46 loss to Milwaukee as Klabo scores 12 of her 14 points at the free throw line.

Eastern Illinois beats WIU 64-62 at Macomb. Graettinger plays 20 minutes and does not score.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Dec. 08 Eastern Mich. 87 Purdue Fort Wayne 72 Final
              Dec. 08 Western Illinois 61 Northern Ill. 86 Final
              @ Carbondale, Ill.
              Dec. 08 Drake 71 South Dakota State 80 Final
              Dec. 08 Denver 71 Southern Utah 70 Final

Comment

Ia State pummels the Fighting Hawks 87-35. Klabo has 6 points. UND shoots 25% and outrebounded 50-37. Add 22 turnovers for the icing.

Omaha wins over CSU Bakersfield 53-46. That one appeared to be an ugly game with poor shooting and turnovers.

NDSU loses 57-55 to Milwaukee.

Yotes pound Bellevue.

Comment

Denver shoots poorly and scores 64 against NM State 66. 3-21 from long range keeps them short of the 84 points per game.

Comment

Yotes lead #22 ranked Mizzou in WBB 51-41, 1:18 to go 3rd Qtr. If they can hold on and get the win, it'll help boost our Conference RPI. I was going to watch , to kind of scout USD, but it's only on the pd subscription SEC Network (ESPN)

Comment

Using live stats , USD on a 3:28 scoring drought, lead cut to three, 61-58, going down the stretch, 65-61 USD, they finally woke up, but now in a fight, 67-61 Yotes, 2:20 left in the game.....at 1:46 to go , Yotes 67-61 , nursing a 6 pt lead , mizzou hasn't scored in 3:23, now. USD back up by 10, 71-61 , 34 sec left......73-61 with 18 sec's left.....looks like the Yotes get the Summit another win over a ranked team.They used a 11-0 run using 3:48 of game clock late in the 4th Qtr to basically ice the win, Mizzou didn't respond, USD just took the game after Mizzou just about come from 10 back to get within 61-58, …..then went cold and that was just about their last hurrah, getting out scored 13-3 the last 5:09.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-15-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Two bid league.....

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          Two bid league.....
                          I sure hope this is the year, both us and USD have been fighting hard to make it happen.Might still have to at least split with them reg season?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            I sure hope this is the year, both us and USD have been fighting hard to make it happen.Might still have to at least split with them reg season?
                            That was sarcasm on us splitting with them correct?

Comment

I watched the second half on ESPN3. The coyotes looked very good on both ends of the court today.
                              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Today Amy William's Huskers hung 96 on Denver who only managed 71. Pioneers are still 7-4 without a "signature" win. Huskers are 5-5 with their biggest win over Kansas Jayhawks who are 7-1 with a very weak schedule. Huskers have not scheduled the Yotes.

Comment

Working...
                                X