GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs GCU Lopes in Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs GCU Lopes in Frost Arena

The afternoon of the game ... Associate Head Coach Eric Henderson and his wife had a baby boy born the afternoon of the 6th. Baby and wife are doing well. Eric celebrated the birth with a victory later that evening!

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
      The afternoon of the game ... Associate Head Coach Eric Henderson and his wife had a baby boy born the afternoon of the 6th. Baby and wife are doing well. Eric celebrated the birth with a victory later that evening!
      Awesome! Congrats to Coach Henderson and family.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Congrats Coach Henderson!!!

I understand the value of midcourt seating for paying customers, but there is something to be said for having a huge student body filling one side of the court. That atmosphere brings back memories of when the students filled one side of Frost during our dominant runs during the 1980's. That was loud and an incredible atmosphere to have 6,000 to 9,000 fans filling the stands with the student body being incredible vocal leaders. It was heard to hear your buddy standing next to you. It also amazed me during the 1980's for big games that you had to stand in line outside in cold winter conditions long before the gates opened to assure yourself of a good seat.

The other thing I like about what is happening at GCU is how the stands were so jacked 10 minutes before the game! I understand the music was leading them, but I didn't see any cheerleaders leading the choreographed dancing in the stands nor cheesy graphics leading an orchestrated third quarter SD-SU cheer. It was organic and student lead.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          Until recently Grand Canyon University was a "for-profit" school. They generated a ton of money with their online degree mill.
          Here's a good story on GCU, granted this is from February, before they changed back to "non-profit" in July (basically to save money on property tax).

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...monster-desert

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Here's a good story on GCU, granted this is from February, before they changed back to "non-profit" in July (basically to save money on property tax).

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...monster-desert
            Interesting article. Arizona has some deep pockets. So much for the For Profit path. It did not work at GCU.

Comment

Working...
            X