Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs GCU Lopes in Frost Arena

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    So because your not going to be the starter you go sit in the corner and pout?
    Is this considered inside information? Gee I hope it does not get out or off this board. Do you really have a clue about what is going on?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Are you thinking about a young student athlete who is free to make decisions based on what he thinks is best for himself or just yourself? Don't be that fan.
      It's about his popcorn and getting his money's worth as a number one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        If complimenting a student athlete for having a 3.0 GPA is dumb, what can I say.
        You keep talking about academics when it doesn't appear to anything do with that.

Comment

You keep talking about academics when it doesn't appear to anything do with that.
          Can you confirm it doesn't? Or are you just assuming based on what has been posted here?

What we do know is Otz told Zimmer he was redshirting to concentrate on academics.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Can you confirm it doesn't? Or are you just assuming based on what has been posted here?

What we do know is Otz told Zimmer he was redshirting to concentrate on academics.
            Please finish the statement where Otz continues to say that Brandon wants to graduate in May. He also adds that the staff will continue to support Brandon during this time. He also preluded that it involves a personal problem. Listen to the postgame statements and try to move forward like the team and coaching staff most certainly will do. This thread is turning into a gossip column with everyone's perspective involving a young man's personal problem that we seem to need to know all the juicy details.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              Please finish the statement where Otz continues to say that Brandon wants to graduate in May. He also adds that the staff will continue to support Brandon during this time. He also preluded that it involves a personal problem. Listen to the postgame statements and try to move forward like the team and coaching staff most certainly will do. This thread is turning into a gossip column with everyone's perspective involving a young man's personal problem that we seem to need to know all the juicy details.
              I approve this message.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                I don't think I've speculated at all to what is going on. You're insinuating I have.

I'm saying it's no one's business what the real deal is.

Comment

I'm sure JACKGUYII has never made a decision that was the best for himself/herself over other people around him.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

It's theoretically possible to have this discussion without the personal jabs and insults, I think.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs GCU Lopes in Frost Arena

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      It's theoretically possible to have this discussion without the personal jabs and insults, I think.
                      Perhaps it needs it own thread? *duckstoavoidthrownobjects*
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        I don't think I've speculated at all to what is going on. You're insinuating I have.

I'm saying it's no one's business what the real deal is.
                        I was not suggesting your speculation in particular. I apologize if it seemed directed as such. I was only insinuating that you give the full response of TJ in the presser which was more descriptive of your referral to academics(eg finishing school by May & staff support). There has been too many insights without evidence or complete disclosure here of the young man's personal problem flagged for everyone with a perspective that has no basis. Key seems to be gone at his point and it is no different if he had been injured and he will attempt to graduate in May. As far as JackGuyII, it is some days you are the whizzer on the post and some days you are the post. The next game is Thursday and we cannot dwell on the incident known as Brandon Key. We all make decisions and there are always consequences.... good or bad.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          Perhaps it needs it own thread? *duckstoavoidthrownobjects*
                          Just make it the fruitcake-style addition to the Attendance & Alcohol thread, apparently that thread ruined a pair of Thanksgivings, might was well get it Grinchy and ruin Christmas too.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                            It’s a good thought but I heard he was mad he lost his starting position and that’s why he wants to leave.
                            Feel like this got ignored but this is it. Wasn't starting the exhibition game so he quit. Carry on

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                              Feel like this got ignored but this is it. Wasn't starting the exhibition game so he quit. Carry on

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                                We have had plenty of student-athletes across all programs that have spent two years on campus (1 redshirt/1 full participation) and then transfer out. Just because the order is different doesn't mean it's unfair if he is in good standing with both the team and university (no discipline/academic concerns).

Maybe the personal issue Brandon is dealing with is extremely unfair to him?

Maybe pulling his scholarship would be extremely unfair considering his circumstance?

Maybe it's extremely unfair to pass judgement on a matter one knows little to nothing about?
                                Amen. Realistically we have no actual info on what’s going on with him. No offense to Carolina10, but I don’t put much weight into when people tell me “I heard”, let alone on a message board. For all we know he could be dealing with something far worse than wanting to grad transfer. For all we know he has an illness he doesn’t want public that wouldn’t allow him to play at a high level or at all due to treatments. Here’s one. What if he has some form of cancer but he doesn’t want all the attention that follows an athlete when that happens? Obviously I’m not saying that’s what’s happening but the reality is nobody knows much about the whole situation for sure other than he’s sitting out and it’s not academics related. There sure is a lot of people running with the theory posed with an I heard rumor.

You want to look at dumb go look at your posts on this topic. For Key to decide this just as the season starts he doesn't want to play when the team was counting on him is very self centered. If the coaches had known earlier they could have gone out and found another experienced replacement.
                                You’re being pretty ridiculous in casting your judgements when the most “solid” info you have to go on is one poster saying “I heard”. Get over yourself.

Also, you can’t just pull a scholly on a kid mid year. Once the semester starts it’s said and done. That’s why SHSU hasn’t been able to pull the scholly from the rb who played four games and decided to redshirt the rest of the year and grad transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X