Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs GCU Lopes in Frost Arena

38-36 Jacks at halftime.

Story is missed FT for SDSU so far. We have a ton more than GCU but only have made about 1/2 of them. Need to get better there.

Dentlinger fit into his role great that half. Rebounded and got opportune buckets. Need to make FT.

Jenkins Jr. can just explode. He got 9 points in about 30 seconds of game time (two contested 3s and a 3 point play).

Daum was solid by his standards.

Flatten a little passive. Hope to see more aggression and confidence in the 2nd half from him.

King has been a rebounding fiend with nearly double digits in that category, but has been a little loose with the ball.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      Whatever dude hit the two fall away jumpers over Tevin late in the half did the 'Rock a Bye Baby' gesture after the second one. He can gtfo of Brookings for all I care.
      I was going to ask if that's what he was doing. Maybe he watched the MSU highlights (2:48) and saw Adam Anderson doing that after his TD

Comment

Just when I was going to compliment Newitt on noticeably unbiased commentary, one of his "tough calls" that always seem to be in Jacks' favor

Comment

13 point lead quickly cut to 4.

Comment

Cold-blooded Jenkins.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              13 point lead quickly cut to 4.
              Apparently the Jacks want to stick with an Election Night Excitement Theme.

Comment

79-74 Jacks. Final.

Jenkins with 31 points. Seems like the more difficult the shot, the higher chance there is that it's going in.

If we do a few things a little better we could have won by a more comfortable margin, but GCU is talented and this will be a good W when looking back on this season.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Let's pretty please make our FT's next time.

Comment

Key is REDSHIRTING this season, per Zimmer.

Comment

Really solid win tonight. That was a good team we played. Jenkins was outstanding. Daum was Daum, but he also played the best defense I've ever seen him play. Thought Dentlinger outplayed Dillon in the exhibition game and obviously the coaches felt the same way, so he got the PT tonight and looked good. Dillon also looked good in limited minutes. Good to see Flatten try to dunk on someone, wish he'd assert himself like that more often. TKing was typically solid. OKing and Arians got a few minutes, looked a little shaky but didn't do anything dumb. Helped some guys get a breather.

FT shooting pretty rough except Jenkins to ice it at the end. Also had a tough time with the press at the end. Would be nice to have a quick little guard that could get open, but that's not in the works this year. We will win without him. Good start to the season. Could be a big win come seeding time.

Comment

Very good win, but closer game than it should have been. I don't think we can bank on Jenkins making two, very tough threes in the closing minutes to regularly preserve victories. The Jacks need to expand the playbook a bit, make more free throws, and keep up the great rebounding and hustle. Overall, a very good win and good start to the season.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS8aDm4Q9tM
                          Postgame TJ with Key statement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wasbeS7OqZ0
                          majerle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g0JxoppOX4
                          sdsu players
                          Last edited by OldHare; 11-06-2018, 11:12 PM.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                            Key is REDSHIRTING this season, per Zimmer.
                            This is what I had heard was happening. Also heard the reason he is redshirting is to grad transfer at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                              This is what I had heard was happening. Also heard the reason he is redshirting is to grad transfer at the end of the year.
                              You are on to something...

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...er/1906306002/
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                                The only explanation for this is a falling out between Key and Otz. Key is not going to transfer to a big school and play a bunch, let alone start. Why wouldn't he want to stay in his lane, play with Daum for another year, and go to the tournament again? I hope for the best for the kid, but you can't help but to feel like he's making a big mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X