GDT: Jackrabbits @ #19 Golden Eagles in the Al

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ #19 Golden Eagles in the Al

Why are all the teenage girls that are constantly screaming not in school?
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      Why are all the teenage girls that are constantly screaming not in school?
      That is part of the reason why they are playing so early. It is some school promo where I'm guessing the elementary schools get in for free.

Comment

I listened to most of the first half on the radio and you couldn't really tell by the crowd noise what was happening because they cheered for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
          Miller and Geubert are 5-18 shooting.
          We had 24 turnovers. Although we shot terribly with that many turnovers it's pretty hard to get in any sort of rhythm.

Comment

We seem to have one of these every year. Didnt expect it the first game. Really lack quickness!

Comment

Final score? Any highlights at all?
              This space for lease.

Comment

Ugh that's frustrating when the team forgot to show up for a game. Expected more from our senior guards. 5-20. ouch.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  Mostly lowlights in this one. Well freshman got some playing time late in the game I guess. 90 something to 50 something.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Honestly, Marquette losing to a D2 team right before our game was the worst thing that could happen. That game woke Marquette up real quick and they were laser focused. We probably aren't in that mode quite yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      The final score was 52-91.
                      If there was a highlight it would probably be Tagyn Larson. She had 10 points (lead team) on 4-8 FG's, with 2 assists, 1 steal and only 1 turnover. She only had 3 rebounds and went 0-3 on 3-pt FG's but that's the best SDSU had today.
                      Theuninck might be the next bright spot. She had 5 points on 2-5 FG's, 2-rebounds and 3-ASSISTS in 14 minutes. Her assists led the team. She did play some late in the game so it might not have been against their starters but that I do not know.
                      The 3 headed monster of Macy (2-10), Myah (2-6) and Madison (3-10) just didn't have it. They also had 12 TO's between the three of them. They only had 4 assists and 11 rebounds. If they had more TO's than rebounds and especially made baskets, SDSU will probably be in trouble. That's 7 made baskets and 12 TO's!
                      Irwin fouled out in 14 minutes. She had 2 TO's and only 2 points on 1-3 FG's.

Comment

We have to bounce back quickly because this OOC schedule, early at least, doesn't have any easy games.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          Honestly, Marquette losing to a D2 team right before our game was the worst thing that could happen. That game woke Marquette up real quick and they were laser focused. We probably aren't in that mode quite yet.
                          Ditto on that!!! I'm sure the Marquette coach was really on them to play the opposite of their last game. That's what they did.

Comment

This has happened on occasion over the years to the women's team. AJ always plays a deep bench, and it is not unusual for it to take a while until everything gets clicking.

On the road, at a top 20 school.... it can happen.

Did I expect it to happen? No.

Learn and grow, grow and learn.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              This has happened on occasion over the years to the women's team. AJ always plays a deep bench, and it is not unusual for it to take a while until everything gets clicking.

On the road, at a top 20 school.... it can happen.

Did I expect it to happen? No.

Learn and grow, grow and learn.
                              I agree, the learning curve is pretty steep the first 7 games, plus a few more, we'll get there I have no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X