Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Attendance & Alcohol

Default Re: Attendance & Alcohol

Another great Tailgating outing for the #libraryLot crew. It Just keeps getting better over there.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFTW View Post
    I also attended both schools and I do agree that many SDSU students go into law and doctoral studies after undergrad. My question as I have asked myself is why attend the undergrad university that does not offer the professional degrees? Say what you want about a study by USD to see if the law school was best fit in Vermillion, I don't see why that is such a bad idea. In the end this years class will be the largest to date.

I do agree that the ag sector follows sports much closer and have much more expendable time to attend then the professionals.
    I'm uncertain about your point or points. (1) Why attend the undergrad university that does not offer the professional degrees? There may be as many responses to that question as there are students who attended an undergrad university which did not offer the professional degree the student eventually obtained. One reason may be to simply have the benefit of attending different schools. I know many USD undergrads who obtained law degrees and MD degrees from other institutions. (2) I don't think anyone has said anything about studying whether the law school was best fit in Vermillion other than my comment that the issue was considered by a committee a couple years ago. Personally, I thought it was nuts to consider moving the law school from Vermillion but that's just me. Law schools across the nation were in a slump -- bar passages rates were sharply declining in many states. I think USD has done a very good job in coming up with measures to address problems and all indications are the problems are being resolved. [And more qualified students are applying to law schools across the country.] The new Dean of the law school was a first-class choice and his leadership is already having a big impact. (3) I disagree with the comment that the ag sector follows sports and has 'much more expendable time to attend than the professionals.' That sounds like a stereotype often pushed by a few USD fans who want to blame problems on their professional school grads just not having enough time. The people I know in the ag sector work their tails off and are successful because of a tremendous time (and capital) investment. I cannot name many rank and file people who are actually working the fields and tending livestock, finding the time to take two or three-week vacations like many who are not working in the ag sector. But seriously, such broad generalizations are pretty worthless and if one really subscribes to such thinking, there's little that can be done to convince such a person otherwise. My comment about support from the ag sector vs support from the law and medical professions referred to financial support. Financial support of SDSU and USD generally is information that can be determined from Board of Regents information -- breaking it down to which vocations or professions are making the contributions is probably impossible but there's plenty of circumstantial evidence that the ag sector is generous in its financial support of SDSU.

Well, back to attendance and alcohol! I'm going to attend the kitchen and grab a cold beer. It was a fun day at SDSU.

FWIW, YSU's penguin is upside down on their TV broadcast. Doesn't bother me a bit.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    FWIW, YSU's penguin is upside down on their TV broadcast. Doesn't bother me a bit.
    This. And they do that to show their home side. It seems like a very simple solution that could really help the game day image on tv

Interesting article about Ole Miss finally implementing Beer sales

"Believe it or not, they waited until the Texas A&M game and pretty much executed the new beer sales plan with relatively few glitches. The university reported approximately 15,400 beers were sold on Saturday netting around $130,000, so potentially we’re looking at a $1M revenue stream for seven home games if those sales trends hold true."

https://www.redcuprebellion.com/201....ingway-stadium
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Quote Originally Posted by witness View Post
    Interesting article about Ole Miss finally implementing Beer sales

"Believe it or not, they waited until the Texas A&M game and pretty much executed the new beer sales plan with relatively few glitches. The university reported approximately 15,400 beers were sold on Saturday netting around $130,000, so potentially we’re looking at a $1M revenue stream for seven home games if those sales trends hold true."

https://www.redcuprebellion.com/201....ingway-stadium
    I did simple division and $130,000 divided by 15,400 equals $8.44 per beer. Not a bad day at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFTW View Post
    I also attended both schools and I do agree that many SDSU students go into law and doctoral studies after undergrad. My question as I have asked myself is why attend the undergrad university that does not offer the professional degrees? Say what you want about a study by USD to see if the law school was best fit in Vermillion, I don't see why that is such a bad idea. In the end this years class will be the largest to date.

I do agree that the ag sector follows sports much closer and have much more expendable time to attend then the professionals.
    In my 20 years of practice in big law firms, I would say the large majority of attorneys I practiced with went to law school somewhere other than where they got their undergrad degrees. An very large majority.

I'm just going to post here regarding yesterday's lackluster attendance so it's in the proper thread. No need to start bitching about it in the ISUr thread. I'm going to look later today to confirm, but I have a feeling that we've had more sub 9k November games in this new stadium this decade than in Coughlin 2010 to 2015. Might be wrong, but it just seems like thennosedove in laye season drop off has been worse in the new building.

I have no idea how you fix it, but we're going in the wrong direction.

The 3 day weekend really hurt with the student section. I get that many of them had to go home to help on the farm. Hopefully it can be full next week and give us 2-3 thousand students. That would put us over 10,000. At this point, i would be happy with that

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    I'm just going to post here regarding yesterday's lackluster attendance so it's in the proper thread. No need to start bitching about it in the ISUr thread. I'm going to look later today to confirm, but I have a feeling that we've had more sub 9k November games in this new stadium this decade than in Coughlin 2010 to 2015. Might be wrong, but it just seems like thennosedove in laye season drop off has been worse in the new building.

I have no idea how you fix it, but we're going in the wrong direction.
    One of my favorite excuses that I have seen from social media so far for lackluster attendance was: “Also we need a new announcer that gets the fans into the game”.

Another social media poster says they can’t afford the expensive tickets BUT would come more often if they sold beer. What? Doesn’t want to pay for “expensive” tickets but will pay for $8 beers?