Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Attendance & Alcohol

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I think the comment itself was not objectionable; the thread hijacking was bothersome.
    I admit causing threads to drift from time to time. It’s a pretty good idea to keep the threads on point but threads drifting will happen.

Comment

Bring some schnapps when JMU comes to town, everyone will need some warmth to avoid turnovers.

On a serious note, JMU being in a close bracket, our guys may end up revenging that horrible game. I suspect I am premature in my outlook.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
        Interesting thread title. That said, and I don't want to state anything other than facts, this football team is 2-3 in the last five games. Losses to two rivals and an ugly home loss to a middle of the road MVFC team - well, the average football fan isn't really excited. I understand why Coach Stig wants 15,000 in attendance but the loss to NDSU in a lifechanging moment in the program's history, the home loss to an inferior Illinois State team and the loss to a reeling USD program dimmed the excitement of those casual fans who might otherwise have considered attending. We need to do something really special before the people want to come to the games. If you win, they will come.
        No they won't. This team has done enough winning over the last several years to expect a larger fan base. More wi ning or always winning the games you should like NDSU will not magically make casual fans show up. It takes a ESPN Game Day experience against the #1 team in the nation or a can't miss concert at DJD stadium to sell it out. Even then it took a bunch of free tickets to sell it out and keep out of hands of our rival to the north. I don't really care anymore and just show up with the other diehards and embrace the cold and enjoy the game.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          No they won't. This team has done enough winning over the last several years to expect a larger fan base. More wi ning or always winning the games you should like NDSU will not magically make casual fans show up. It takes a ESPN Game Day experience against the #1 team in the nation or a can't miss concert at DJD stadium to sell it out. Even then it took a bunch of free tickets to sell it out and keep out of hands of our rival to the north. I don't really care anymore and just show up with the other diehards and embrace the cold and enjoy the game.
          free tickets?! when and where do i need to be for those in 2021?!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacksSW View Post
            free tickets?! when and where do i need to be for those in 2021?!
            Talk to Dana Dykehouse or go to work for First Premiere.

Comment

I went to the USD-SDSU football game, which fell on a perfect fall day. Despite being announced as a sell-out, there were dozens and perhaps hundreds of empty seats in the upper rows of the Dome. That's in a facility that is being remodeled and currently holds only 5,000 people. I think all the empty seats at that game attest to the difficulty that regional college teams (except NDSU football and maybe UND hockey) have filling seats.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                I went to the USD-SDSU football game, which fell on a perfect fall day. Despite being announced as a sell-out, there were dozens and perhaps hundreds of empty seats in the upper rows of the Dome. That's in a facility that is being remodeled and currently holds only 5,000 people. I think all the empty seats at that game attest to the difficulty that regional college teams (except NDSU football and maybe UND hockey) have filling seats.
                I agree there is just alot of options to watch good football. Not just Div 1. Its not like Augie or USF have below average programs I believe they both Made the Playoffs and Minnesota State is Div 2 power. There is alot of good options in the radius around us. And we struggle keeping the Green out of SD.
                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  Did the students stay for the second half? That seems to be a trend, and not just at USD.

Comment

Hmm....

https://twitter.com/fgosportswriter/...586177026?s=21
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Doesn’t look like attendance is too good at James Madison tonight either. Attendance is an issue everywhere it seems like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kolpack seems to have a rather liberal definition of "netted," as other reports suggest they grossed 470k in sales (with a net of less than half that).

I understand many desire alcohol sales, but his reports are highly misleading and border on irresponsible (or at best incompetent). Plus, consider the source of data regarding sales. Notice a conspicuous absence of discussion regarding almost inevitable revenue shared with concession vendors?

Here's another source discussing cost considerations.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                          Doesn’t look like attendance is too good at James Madison tonight either. Attendance is an issue everywhere it seems like

Follow @EmptySeatsPic on Twitter. It is an issue everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

Looks like 8,741. Half what it was when they played Jacks in 2017

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                              Looks like 8,741. Half what it was when they played Jacks in 2017
                              That was a semi-final game on a Saturday. This was a quarterfinal game on a Friday night. We'll have a better comparison next week when they host a semi-final to their home draw vs the Jack's two years ago. Looks like their 2017 Friday quarterfinal drew about 13.4k. Less, but I'm not sure we can take a whole lot from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                                That was a semi-final game on a Saturday. This was a quarterfinal game on a Friday night. We'll have a better comparison next week when they host a semi-final to their home draw vs the Jack's two years ago. Looks like their 2017 Friday quarterfinal drew about 13.4k. Less, but I'm not sure we can take a whole lot from it.
                                Fair point. I'll still attribute it to the eastward breadth of Jackrabbit Nation

Comment

Working...
                                X