Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Attendance & Alcohol

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Was really nice to be able to get stamped and go out to tailgating area at halftime and return for second half at USD. They need to relax some of the hard core rules at SDSU!
    Agree 100% SDSU is turning people away from the games by running the area like they do. Rep points given.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post
      Agree 100% SDSU is turning people away from the games by running the area like they do. Rep points given.
      Same tailgating rules applied when we played NDSU (19,000+) as well as when we played UNI & ISU-R (7000-8000). Tailgating rules are easy to point a finger at but IMHO, have very little to do with overall attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        Same tailgating rules applied when we played NDSU (19,000+) as well as when we played UNI & ISU-R (7000-8000). Tailgating rules are easy to point a finger at but IMHO, have very little to do with overall attendance.
        I'm not advocating it impacts attendence. My point is it was more enjoyable. Its been posted before there are just over 7,000 people who will show up regardless of weather/opponent etc. That's just our reality.

Comment

Interesting thread title. That said, and I don't want to state anything other than facts, this football team is 2-3 in the last five games. Losses to two rivals and an ugly home loss to a middle of the road MVFC team - well, the average football fan isn't really excited. I understand why Coach Stig wants 15,000 in attendance but the loss to NDSU in a lifechanging moment in the program's history, the home loss to an inferior Illinois State team and the loss to a reeling USD program dimmed the excitement of those casual fans who might otherwise have considered attending. We need to do something really special before the people want to come to the games. If you win, they will come.

Comment

Longest Consecutive #FCSPlayoff Appearances (Including 2019)

North Dakota St. – 10
            South Dakota St. – 8
            James Madison – 6
            San Diego – 4
            Wofford – 4
            Weber St.– 4

Last two years in semifinals.
            Since 2012 W-L record: 73-32 (70% win percentage).

This team is winning (not at the level of NDSU but nobody compares to NDSU).

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
              Interesting thread title. That said, and I don't want to state anything other than facts, this football team is 2-3 in the last five games. Losses to two rivals and an ugly home loss to a middle of the road MVFC team - well, the average football fan isn't really excited. I understand why Coach Stig wants 15,000 in attendance but the loss to NDSU in a lifechanging moment in the program's history, the home loss to an inferior Illinois State team and the loss to a reeling USD program dimmed the excitement of those casual fans who might otherwise have considered attending. We need to do something really special before the people want to come to the games. If you win, they will come.
              How was Ill St a middle of the road MVFC team when we played them? Werent they in the top 10? I dont think beating the Bison or Ill St would or will change what the attendance was or will be. Its just becoming the norm for Nov and playoff games.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                How was Ill St a middle of the road MVFC team when we played them? Werent they in the top 10? I dont think beating the Bison or Ill St would or will change what the attendance was or will be. Its just becoming the norm for Nov and playoff games.
                I agree with the idea that wins won't necessacarily (sp) equate to attendance. Our basketball programs have been top notch for years too, and attendance isn't getting better. It's a shame. They deserve better. I have been to a few different college basketball venues that serve beer. Not once have I noticed someone out of control. Bring on the beer sales to the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                  Yawn.

This team has been nothing but successful in the past 8 years. Fans just want to use any excuses they can to justify lack of support. What it comes down to is that there are the 7-8k fans that support the team regardless and another 7-8k that only care about USD/NDSU game.

Did SDSU lose some games that they maybe shouldn't have? Of course, most teams do. But if that keeps a person from supporting them in the playoffs, then they aren't really a SDSU football fan.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Watching the MSU and USD women's game. For as much as the coyote faithful love to brag on their support of their women, the arena is terribly vacant. I have seen shots of the ends and its a ghost town.

Comment

side note, Monica Arens looks like a machine.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                        side note, Monica Arens looks like a machine.
                        Start a new USD women's bball thread on the SL sub forum. Arens is a flopping machine, you do have that correct. With decent officials she'll be on the bench the majority of the time, same with Sjerven.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                          Start a new USD women's bball thread on the SL sub forum. Arens is a flopping machine, you do have that correct. With decent officials she'll be on the bench the majority of the time, same with Sjerven.
                          My most sincere apologies for the comment. It won't happen again

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                            Sjerven is good but she flops worse then vlade divac. She has length and good movement so not sure why she thinks flopping is her best defense.

Sorry for the thread drift.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                              My most sincere apologies for the comment. It won't happen again
                              I think the comment itself was not objectionable; the thread hijacking was bothersome.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                I think the comment itself was not objectionable; the thread hijacking was bothersome.
                                I added the "side note' just for people that might be interested in looking up the game. Sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X