Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendance & Alcohol

Default Re: Attendance & Alcohol

How many kids do we actually think will go to a game from LATI? 7?

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Well, they may not be donors for potentially 8 years but they will be students in less than 4... The current GAF (General Activity Fee) for an SDSU student is $47.25 per credit with $11.78 of that earmarked for athletics. So for 15 credits students are paying in $176.70 per semester or $353.40 per year. $353.40 x roughly 12,000 students is $4,240,800 per year in GAF. https://www.sdstate.edu/tuition-and-fees

To me, getting a few more area HS students interested in SDSU by giving away free tickets to the games we have trouble drawing a crowd to would be a good place to start and it certainly wouldn't hurt to try.
    Good point, I hadn't thought of that.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Based off of available seats for Saturday's game, the $8 experiment for getting fans in the stands is not working very well. East side has the vast majority of seats still available and there's a good selection available on the westside too.

It will take a monumental walkup crowd to generate 12,000 fans, maybe even 10,000.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherHole View Post
    Based off of available seats for Saturday's game, the $8 experiment for getting fans in the stands is not working very well. East side has the vast majority of seats still available and there's a good selection available on the westside too.

It will take a monumental walkup crowd to generate 12,000 fans, maybe even 10,000.
    Is this the beef bowl?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Is this the beef bowl?
    nope, that's SUU on the 21st.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    nope, that's SUU on the 21st.
    Oh yeah. Thanks. So no beef bowl crowd to help attendance which often helps. Weather should be great compared to last week.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherHole View Post

Color me shocked...

In fairness, we don't know how many people actually saw/took advantage of the $8 promo. Instead, we'll have to see what the pricey $17 dollar tickets bring in for a crowd on Saturday. Anything below 12k at this point in the year, with good weather, would be extremely disappointing and concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    Color me shocked...

In fairness, we don't know how many people actually saw/took advantage of the $8 promo. Instead, we'll have to see what the pricey $17 dollar tickets bring in for a crowd on Saturday. Anything below 12k at this point in the year, with good weather, would be extremely disappointing and concerning.
    Agreed on people not knowing. The handful of people I told had no idea, which is a problem. When the Gophers had their $10 ticket promo, I saw it multiple times on TV (twins games), twitter, and Facebook. Hopefully that new firm they hired can change things for SDSU in terms of a social media and advertising presence.

Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    Agreed on people not knowing. The handful of people I told had no idea, which is a problem. When the Gophers had their $10 ticket promo, I saw it multiple times on TV (twins games), twitter, and Facebook. Hopefully that new firm they hired can change things for SDSU in terms of a social media and advertising presence.
    Our advertising of these sort of things is awful IMO. It’s all internet based it seems, just like the rest of our games (from what I can see).

Another thing to take into account. Sioux Falls just got rocked, and there’s flooding and other issues. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people are having to use their Saturday to deal with clean up of this weeks events, unless my view of things from Fargo has grossly overstated what’s going on right now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by thumper_76 View Post
    unless my view of things from Fargo has grossly overstated what’s going on right now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it is. At least two dams have washed out. Montrose is under mandatory evacuations as well as evacuations in Madison. I suspect you're right that some will have other priorities because of the weather the past couple days.