Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Missouri State Bears

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    Especially given our injury situation as it is already, the ones should all be sitting on both sides of the ball for the fourth. The bears have quit and are playing their 2s. We need to do the same.
    When we hit the 40pt mark the starters should have been out. When we hit 50 the 3rd string should have been in. Lucky for us nobody was hurt, but you just can't keep playing with fire like that.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

On the bright side, this is the best the offense has looked in a few weeks. Coupled with the way the d-line is playing, we might be hitting our stride at just the right time of the year.

Plus, all this offense really helps me save money when I buy SDSU apparel as Christmas gifts. #TouchdownTuesday
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

This defense is very good and very deep especially on the d-line.

Comment

5,869 the attendance today. Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            5,869 the attendance today. Ouch
            Twenty years ago attendance 1200 maybe assuming the same kind of weather.

Comment

GDT: Missouri State Bears

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Twenty years ago attendance 1200 maybe assuming the same kind of weather.
              20 years ago we didn’t have a top 5-10 team nationally. This program deserves better if we as fans are demanding more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Great team win. Don't slip up at SIU and then piss pound the Yotes and host a playoff game.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                  20 years ago we didn’t have a top 5-10 team nationally. This program deserves better if we as fans are demanding more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  we’re not set up well to get solid numbers for games like this despite being a top ranked team nationally. I agree with you would love to see 15000 but the facts are the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                    Hopefully Sevens injury isn’t too serious he’s been playing well.
                    They were using a Gator/cart to transport him from sideline to entrance of the Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center; however, that could have been for convenience, as I didn't notice Dr. Kurtenbach accompanying him.

Unfortunately, I don't think Matt Zimmer asked about it or Stig independently addressed it during postgame presser.

Comment

Did anyone else notice Jordan Brown "interacting" with the Bears' sideline at least 4-5 times?

It looked like he was responding to a particular coach/player, but I didn't notice what might have precipitated it. I believe someone on their sideline said something to Brown when he was penalized for pass interference, and then he made a point of saying something after both the PBU and INT.

Comment

we’re not set up well to get solid numbers for games like this despite being a top ranked team nationally. I agree with you would love to see 15000 but the facts are the facts.
                        Not set up well due to playing outdoors, or do you the issue is marketing, competition from other events, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                          They were using a Gator/cart to transport him from sideline to entrance of the Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center; however, that could have been for convenience, as I didn't notice Dr. Kurtenbach accompanying him.

Unfortunately, I don't think Matt Zimmer asked about it or Stig independently addressed it during postgame presser.
                          He seemed to be limping real bad too coming off the field. Nice to see weir back in the rotation tho.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            Not set up well due to playing outdoors, or do you the issue is marketing, competition from other events, etc.?
                            I mean imo playing outdoors when it’s in the 30s and 40s is part of it, but it’s simply fcs football in big ten country. Add to the fact it’s brookings and so you have to travel more. It’s got to be hard to persuade the casual fan.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              I wonder if they are saving the last of his 4 games in case we lose another WR.
                              Stig was asked a general question about this (not playing underclassmen who played earlier) at about 4:30 mark of presser, and he specified that they are saving one player's 4th game for the USD game. The player was not named though.

Comment

I mean imo playing outdoors when it’s in the 30s and 40s is part of it, but it’s simply fcs football in big ten country. Add to the fact it’s brookings and so you have to travel more. It’s got to be hard to persuade the casual fan.
                                I've had season tickets for several years, and I have never been asked what factors influence whether I attend a game. That leads me to believe casual fans probably aren't either, and I think it's an opportunity for Athletics to make inroads. One strategy would be to at least sample season ticket holders in other sports whose attendance at football games is more sporadic to derive data regarding the influence of variables like weather, travel, ticket prices, etc. A sports marketing student could even use that as his/her research project.

Comment

Working...
                                X