Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Missouri State Bears

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
    OK-- I'm a wuss in my mid seventies. I get to one SDSU game a year (all but one on the road) and I chose UNI this year because I wanted to visit the Hoover Library and BE INDOORS. Brought that up during my early days of transition when the stadium was but a glint in the eye and was told that real football is played outdoors and real fans will turn up in any weather. Might be true, but I did enjoy sitting inside since there were fifty mph winds outside. Also, the sound in the UNI-Dome was pretty loud. Guess I'm an elderly fair weather fan but there's a lot of me, or you'd have 12,000 fans for that game.
    I do think if SDSU had an indoor stadium more people would show up. The problem with that is it would cost a lot more money or be a lot smaller. I don't know how many seats an indoor stadium would hold if it cost the same price as SDSU"s outdoor stadium. I think if I knew what the number was, I'd probably just shoot for that number as an average and take it from there. I think SDSU probably averages more fans with the outdoor stadium then an indoor stadium (especially the years the play NDSU). If there are other people who want to pony up and give more money and we can have the best of both worlds, a indoor stadium and a larger stadium.
    You can say that you are a "wuss in my mid seventies" but there are many more people who aren't as tough as people used to be (me included). All schools have central air, wooden basketball courts and things like that. Tractors have cabs with air-conditioning and heating. They have tractors, snowblowers, riding lawnmowers, etc... that make things much more simple that they used to be. I will put TV in on this, too. If the games weren't on there you would probably have a few/several more butts in the stands.

Comment

• Re: GDT: Missouri State Bears

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      Bummed I cannot find the game replay on ESPN+. The other MVC games are all available.
      Due to a job change, my new schedule has me working over most Jackrabbit games, so I've been keeping my phone on silent all day until I get home to watch the replay. Needless to say, I was none-too-pleased with ESPN+ Saturday night when they didn't put the SDSU game up on the site. I'm hoping this was a one-time mistake.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
      X