Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Missouri State Bears

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Lol, good point. Probably should start a separate thread about attendance.

I thought it was the most complete game we have played yet (not counting the APB blowout).

I think I am the most excited about our defensive line. Wow they played really well, and with so many guys. Earith definitely stood out both with the 2 sacks and run stopping with 2.5 TFL. Elijah Wilson also seemed to be around the ball a lot and recorded 2.5 TFL as well. Xavier and Krockett did a great job of plugging up the middle too. The D line as a whole may be the strongest and deepest unit on the team, and none of them are seniors with a lot of them freshman and sophomores.

Pierre Strong played his best game yet. Not just because of the 2 long runs, but he looked really confident in his cuts and really quick at accelerating after he made them, reminding me of Zenner a bit, being mostly a one cut and get vertical back. Seems like the game is coming to him with the more snaps he gets. It's exciting to think about Wilson/Strong being a 1-2 punch for 3 more years after this year.

TC looked good for the most part, especially on a crappy weather day. My only critique would be that TC and Cade need to get on the same page on those long balls. Especially on deep crossing routes, Cade has his guy beat so often, and it seems like TC thinks Cade's going to work up field, so he leads him there, but Cade keeps working across the field and they don't connect. I think they're getting better as you saw them connect on a couple deep balls later, but they have the potential to be really deadly.

The O line played really well and was the second most impressive unit outside of the D line. It was awesome to see Weir get back in. I saw them carrying his pads back to the locker room at some point in the 2nd half, I assume he wasn't hurt, but just on a pitch count being his first game back?

Hopefully Seven Wilson is alright, looked like maybe a pulled hamstring on kickoff coverage? Also, did Eddie Miller get hurt? I thought I heard Stig say something about Eddie being injured in his post game with Tyler.
    They could've seriously called two or three holding penalties on MSU every snap, that's how bad our front 4 was bullying them, they were egregious as hell too. That's funny that you say that about Pierre, my group that I text with during the Jacks games all said those run's took us back to the ZZ days. This was the fastest he has looked all season, his confidence must be sky high right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      Sorry, one reason I'm harping on attendance is that Zim and Jordan Brown specifically mentioned the dynamics of playing in a stadium with a sparse crowd during players' postgame presser. Plus, I'd hope we can all acknowledge that a raucous crowd makes it difficult for visiting team, particularly on offense.
      OK-- I'm a wuss in my mid seventies. I get to one SDSU game a year (all but one on the road) and I chose UNI this year because I wanted to visit the Hoover Library and BE INDOORS. Brought that up during my early days of transition when the stadium was but a glint in the eye and was told that real football is played outdoors and real fans will turn up in any weather. Might be true, but I did enjoy sitting inside since there were fifty mph winds outside. Also, the sound in the UNI-Dome was pretty loud. Guess I'm an elderly fair weather fan but there's a lot of me, or you'd have 12,000 fans for that game.

Comment

My folks are in there late 70's and never miss a game regardless of weather. The weather yesterday was really not that bad, but amazed how even a threat of anything less than perfect weather keeps people away in droves. It's always fun to see who the real diehards are at these games. There are only 6 home games so I covet every game regardless of the weather as it's a long offseason!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          My folks are in there late 70's and never miss a game regardless of weather. The weather yesterday was really not that bad, but amazed how even a threat of anything less than perfect weather keeps people away in droves. It's always fun to see who the real diehards are at these games. There are only 6 home games so I covet every game regardless of the weather as it's a long offseason!
          Other than the light mist/rain that fell most of the game, i didnt think it was bad at all. I dressed for it to be cold. The wind wasnt a problem so the rain just came down gently. Hobo Day last year , now that was sh$tty

If anyone figures out how to get 15,000+ to the football games, maybe you can figure out how to get 4000+ to the indoor basketball games.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            Other than the light mist/rain that fell most of the game, i didnt think it was bad at all. I dressed for it to be cold. The wind wasnt a problem so the rain just came down gently. Hobo Day last year , now that was sh$tty
            Yes, and how the game progressed and outcome made it even more depressing.

Comment

Jakejc795 started a thread for attendance (thanks) titled "Attendance and Alcohol". Comments specific to the MSU game attendance are probably okay in this thread but comments on attendance generally can go to the new thread. Particularly brilliant ideas on attendance should go to the athletic administration office (and probably distributed country wide because there are some common questions).

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                I wonder how many Jackrabbit Club members watched the game from the inside the Dykhouse Center. It's my recollection that if you remain in the Dykhouse Center to watch the game, your ticket does not get scanned (it may if you decide to leave the Dykhouse center and enter the stadium proper although I know you can travel from the Dykhouse Center into the stadium and bypass the stadium entrance ticket counters). The Dykhouse Center appeared to have a large crowd in it during the game.
                I was a guest of someone eligible to watch the game from the lower level of the Dykhouse Center. No one scanned my ticket or his ticket. I don't know how many people were on the upper level. There might have a couple hundred people in the building. Maybe more.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Very impressive victory. The Jacks looked strong in all phases, except maybe field goals. Missed a couple of those, including a late-game gimme. Apparently there was come kind of problem with the lineup at that point. Stig said post-game that he should have called a time-out. In fairness to the kicking unit, yes, he should have stopped the game to restore order.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

I think all Jacks fans should be happy that we get to cheer for Pierre Strong and CJ Wilson for three more years.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

• Re: GDT: Missouri State Bears

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      I think all Jacks fans should be happy that we get to cheer for Pierre Strong and CJ Wilson for three more years.
                      Not to mention multiple years with Cade Johnson, Ryan Earith, and Tolu, and another year with Adam Anderson.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        This should be fun provided they both stay healthy. They have unbelievable speed once they find a hole and are in the open field.

Comment

Forgot to mention that it was great to see the coaches scheme to get Cambell the ball by giving him a jet sweep. We got a glimpse of just how fast he is and what he can do if he gets the ball in the open field.

Comment

How about that defense lately? From today’s Argus piece:

“The Jacks are allowing an average of 15.3 points in their other seven games (non ISU-B), and even that number includes three garbage time touchdowns last week at Illinois State and a defensive touchdown the week before at Northern Iowa.”

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Forgot to mention that it was great to see the coaches scheme to get Cambell the ball by giving him a jet sweep. We got a glimpse of just how fast he is and what he can do if he gets the ball in the open field.
                              Yes I was impressed with that play. Our recruiting efforts have greatly improved. Everyone involved deserves a raise.

Comment

Bummed I cannot find the game replay on ESPN+. The other MVC games are all available.

Comment

Working...
                                X