Link here

EAT IT NDSU!

Re: Military Appreciation game

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    The story of the "Cannon"

Worth a listen

Link here

EAT IT NDSU!
    Cool story about how "Smoke" Chavez's "smoke and mirrors" helped Jacks get the cannon instead of NDSU. Yet another advantage of not playing in a dome, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      Cool story about how "Smoke" Chavez's "smoke and mirrors" helped Jacks get the cannon instead of NDSU. Yet another advantage of not playing in a dome, I suppose.
      Cannons are meant to be fired outside !!

Comment

Who do the Jacks play this week anyway? J.K. I might be missing it but I don't think I see anything about Missouri State. I normally enjoy WestsideRabbits write up and other people have to say. I understand that the weather will be cold, attendance will be down and SDSU should win.
        Don't they run some option? SDSU used to struggle with that but have played the run better this season. I am looking for SDSU to get at least one TO but maybe two. It might be damp so it will seem cool but we live in South Dakota so it's won't be cold compared to a lot of weather that we will have the next four months or so.

Comment

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...uri-state.html

Its not really a true option. Huslig is a much better passer than a true option quarterback. They have four receivers who can play. Huslig is a threat to run the ball as he showed us last year. They also have the running back, who gashed us last year with that 68 yard touchdown run. We should win, but Missiouri State's offense is pretty decent but their defense is still bad.

I think a lot depends on how the Jacks handle the weather.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Cannons are meant to be fired outside !!
            Yes, cannons and Dakota Markers belong with the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
              Yes, cannons and Dakota Markers belong with the Jacks.
              Tough offense to defend. Luckily they are pretty average in the trenches. We'll see some RPO, some triple option out of the pistol, and we'll see some deep balls. Our corners will have to play well. They will be left on an island with some taller WR's. I think we'll handle their run game and option game. The RPO pass may give us a little issues and the 1 on 1 balls we will have to win. QB is a tough dude. He'll run the ball 15-20 times week in and week out. He'll take some hits and keep on getting up. Offensively, I agree, they are not the most talented or disciplined. We'll have to be great on special teams again and win the turnover battle. I'd like to say it will be more the 31-17 variety w/ the weather being a factor. I think the poor conditions will favor them, but ball security could be an issue.

Comment

We need Mikey to run like he did in the second half last game of the weather is nasty. We need the defense to have another good game as well.

Our attendance will be embarrassing I’m sure. Our attendance has trended up year after year but this season is going to be a drop, which is a shame with how good the team is. It is what it is I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Its not really a true option. Huslig is a much better passer than a true option quarterback. They have four receivers who can play. Huslig is a threat to run the ball as he showed us last year. They also have the running back, who gashed us last year with that 68 yard touchdown run. We should win, but Missiouri State's offense is pretty decent but their defense is still bad.

Is Wilson for sure out for this game?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    Is Wilson for sure out for this game?
                    It would be very surprising if he played. Supposedly he is struggling to run. Crazy deep thigh bruise. However, Anderson made a remarkable recovery last week so he probably isn't "officially out."
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Appreciate the work you put into this man

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

It would be very surprising if he played. Supposedly he is struggling to run. Crazy deep thigh bruise. However, Anderson made a remarkable recovery last week so he probably isn't "officially out."

At this point it's tempting to rest him until the playoffs.

Comment

It’ll be interesting how we handle the qb’s mobility. Hopefully the d line doesn’t give him easy escapes from the pocket and also whether we spy a lot or not. I suppose if the d line is handling it there isn’t much need to spy.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                            Appreciate the work you put into this man

Ditto. I enjoy the detailed summary of the upcoming opponent and the fact that you always provide items to ponder (e.g., predicted score, which helps increase curiosity about the factors that impact said score) as the game approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                              It’ll be interesting how we handle the qb’s mobility. Hopefully the d line doesn’t give him easy escapes from the pocket and also whether we spy a lot or not. I suppose if the d line is handling it there isn’t much need to spy.
                              Mobile QB -- meet Iowa's Trio of Terror (Backhaus, Rozeboom, and Snyder)

Comment

Working...
                              X