Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-2019 Season Thread

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    This may force some quality minutes from Dillon and Dentlinger. Finke is a grad transfer from Illinois who started the majority of games there and Lever is the preseason POY following his freshman of the year award from last year. Blumbergs is the other sophomore big guy who started a few games early last year. TJ may test the big guys in a game of fast break. Then it is looking at true freshman King(or RS Fr Arians) to join the 4 guard runfest and hopefully scorefest. Also, GCU had a strong 3 pt defense last year which may get tested by the 40% outside shooting of the Jackrabbits. I would expect Frost to be full of energy tomorrow.
    im curious to see if he doesn’t look like a true freshman

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
      im curious to see if he doesn’t look like a true freshman
      He looked like one in the exhibition last week

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        This may force some quality minutes from Dillon and Dentlinger. Finke is a grad transfer from Illinois who started the majority of games there and Lever is the preseason POY following his freshman of the year award from last year. Blumbergs is the other sophomore big guy who started a few games early last year. TJ may test the big guys in a game of fast break. Then it is looking at true freshman King(or RS Fr Arians) to join the 4 guard runfest and hopefully scorefest. Also, GCU had a strong 3 pt defense last year which may get tested by the 40% outside shooting of the Jackrabbits. I would expect Frost to be full of energy tomorrow.
        It sounds like the youngest Finke is very highly touted too. Their coach called him the best player they ever recruited.

I think we will be able to score but I think it will be interesting if we can match up defensively with them to get a few stops and missed shots so we can let our guys run. I'm sure TJ has a plan. Can't wait for the season to begin

Comment

According to GCU information, this could be an ESPN3 view.
          https://gculopes.com/news/2018/11/2/...ota-state.aspx

The ESPN3 schedule agrees.

Pregame by TJ
          https://gojacks.com/news/2018/11/4/m...ing-clash.aspx
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

As do the SDSU pre-game article. GoJacks.com and their pre-stories are the place to go to find out what media outlets the games are on:

https://gojacks.com/news/2018/11/4/m...ing-clash.aspx

Comment

This puts a dent in things: Key to redshirt
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Academic related, per Zim

Comment

Unless I was mistaken Key and Carter III were sitting in the west student section.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

Sadness.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                      Nevermind, not academics related apparently per correction from Zimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                        I think that he corrected himself after talking to TJ. COach meant that he is going to focus on academics, not that it is the reason he isn't with the team
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          I think that he corrected himself after talking to TJ. COach meant that he is going to focus on academics, not that it is the reason he isn't with the team
                          come on......

Comment

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Yeah...not good. I’m guessing we’ll never see him suit up again.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Has there been any further information for Mims and Fiegen redshirts? Would the absence of Key open a spot for Mims to be considered for this season? This situation cannot be treated too much differently than an injury. I would assume that 36-39 minutes for all the starters for the entire season may stretch those players physically.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X