Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-2019 Season Thread

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    I don’t see him in the couple Twitter photos from the Tipoff event either.
    Carter is ineligible this season. It's not like redshirting. I don't think it's particularly odd that he's not on the bench. I'm a bit more concerned about Key's unexplained absence for the first exhibition. I hope the reason is nothing serious or prolonged.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      Carter is ineligible this season. It's not like redshirting. I don't think it's particularly odd that he's not on the bench. I'm a bit more concerned about Key's unexplained absence for the first exhibition. I hope the reason is nothing serious or prolonged.
      I got an answer from Zimmer on twitter...

"They’re being pretty tight-lipped about Key. They’re not sure if he’ll play Tuesday. I don’t think the plan was for Carter to be on the bench every night, at least not right away. He’s still on the team."

Good to hear about Carter. I don't like the sounds of Key though. Hopefully it's nothing too major.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

"They’re being pretty tight-lipped about Key. They’re not sure if he’ll play Tuesday. I don’t think the plan was for Carter to be on the bench every night, at least not right away. He’s still on the team."

Good to hear about Carter. I don't like the sounds of Key though. Hopefully it's nothing too major.
        That sounds not awesome......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          That sounds not awesome......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I'm with you on this one. Hope this all ends up fine but not the best way to start a very promising season.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

Encouraging to see both Key and Carter mentioned in the Grand Canyon game story that went up today on the SDSU website.

Comment

Here's the preview story on GoJacks.com:
              https://gojacks.com/news/2018/11/4/m...ing-clash.aspx
              This space for lease.

Comment

Haven't seen this posted...Chicago Tribune article showing the SD State Jacks as 1 of 5 dark horse teams come NCAA tourney time. https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...101-story.html

Comment

I think one intriguing part of this season will be the freshman bench mob. These will be kids entirely (I believe) recruited by TJ, and needed to play big minutes. All of our role players last year that graduated were Nagy guys.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
                    Haven't seen this posted...Chicago Tribune article showing the SD State Jacks as 1 of 5 dark horse teams come NCAA tourney time. https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...101-story.html
                    Very impressive to be mentioned in the article. Who knows, this writer might be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      I think one intriguing part of this season will be the freshman bench mob. These will be kids entirely (I believe) recruited by TJ, and needed to play big minutes. All of our role players last year that graduated were Nagy guys.
                      You’re right about that - and don’t expect them to flourish overnight. I’m guessing we’ll take a Nov/Dec loss or two that are unexpected as this crew gets oriented.

Comment

We have popped upon the upset list tourney time the last few years if memory serves me. It makes sense, the writer could do a half dozen of them, if one works out he can look like a genius. My question is, I didn't get to attend the exhibition game, who is the guy/guys to watch that could be key to the year tomorrow night?

Comment

This looks to be a tough opener. Grand Canyon is big with 3 6'10" guys one of which is on the watch list for the top center in the country. Hopefully Frost arena is packed tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            If they can do the little things right then we’ll be sitting good. Wouldn’t expect much of a learning curve since they all redshirted and are familiar with the starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
                              This looks to be a tough opener. Grand Canyon is big with 3 6'10" guys one of which is on the watch list for the top center in the country. Hopefully Frost arena is packed tomorrow.
                              This may force some quality minutes from Dillon and Dentlinger. Finke is a grad transfer from Illinois who started the majority of games there and Lever is the preseason POY following his freshman of the year award from last year. Blumbergs is the other sophomore big guy who started a few games early last year. TJ may test the big guys in a game of fast break. Then it is looking at true freshman King(or RS Fr Arians) to join the 4 guard runfest and hopefully scorefest. Also, GCU had a strong 3 pt defense last year which may get tested by the 40% outside shooting of the Jackrabbits. I would expect Frost to be full of energy tomorrow.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Games like this I wish we had another experienced big.

Comment

Working...
                                X