2018-2019 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-2019 Season Thread

Seeing Brandon off the court and interacting with teammates, I had thought Brandon a little cocky and maybe privileged. I take all that back now that per the tweet quoted in his thread has over a 3.0 GPA. Obviously, he realizes that due to his size, he is not likely to have an NBA career and is concerned about being admitted to a grad school some where other than SDSU. In order to do this, he needs to concentrate on his studies and possibly improve his GPA more. A wise young man in my opinion. I wish him good luck and hope he resolves his personal matter whatever that may be.

Comment

Or perhaps he wants to grad transfer because his ego tells him he can play for a bigger program. Really leaves in a bad place this year!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Or perhaps he wants to grad transfer because his ego tells him he can play for a bigger program. Really leaves in a bad place this year!
        There are 2 sides to every story and then there's the truth. Push come to shove we really haven't heard any of the story and maybe we don't need to. Key will be missed! He earned his stripes last year in big games. Sometimes things just don't work out the way both players and coaches would like. If he is red shirting this year we apparently are keeping him on scholarship so who knows what the future brings.

Comment

Key will be missed because now we have 4 players on the team that aren't freshmen. It looks like Dentlinger will be really good. We will need a couple more, of the other six, to step up. Who will that be? I don't see every starter playing 36+ minutes every night. It is a long season and things like fouls, injury, sickness, etc.. happen. I'm sure we will see more out of some of them soon.

Comment

I can conjure up hundreds of "personal" reasons that could paint Brandon Key in either a positive and negative light, but that would be irresponsible.

Best of luck to Brandon, regardless of his reasons. I'm very pleased to hear he is on track to become a fellow SDSU alum.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              I can conjure up hundreds of "personal" reasons that could paint Brandon Key in either a positive and negative light, but that would be irresponsible.

Best of luck to Brandon, regardless of his reasons. I'm very pleased to hear he is on track to become a fellow SDSU alum.
              I concur. Once a Jackrabbit, always a Jackrabbit. I cannot fault a kid for choosing his education over athletics if that the core reason for stepping away from the team.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                I concur. Once a Jackrabbit, always a Jackrabbit. I cannot fault a kid for choosing his education over athletics if that the core reason for stepping away from the team.
                What if it's not the core reason? What if he just isn't happy with the role he sees himself playing?

IMO the reason doesn't matter as this is a 100% personal decision that Brandon feels is best for him. As long as it's within the rules I would find it hard to criticize him.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  What if it's not the core reason? What if he just isn't happy with the role he sees himself playing?

IMO the reason doesn't matter as this is a 100% personal decision that Brandon feels is best for him. As long as it's within the rules I would find it hard to criticize him.
                  That is what I was getting at, just not very well. There are too many people that forget that SDSU's first responsibility to these kids is their education.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I posted this is the game thread, but if you got to meet Brandon... even just for a little bit, you'd like him.

I wish him nothing but the best.

Comment

If he does GT, I will also have nothing but positive memories of his year that he spent at SDSU. The 3s he hit against OSU, the minutes he played against USD when Daum was on the bench in the SLT, his early struggles and his turnaround. Nothing but good thoughts for me. Whatever is going on with him, I wish him the best.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Hopefully, Brandon won't sit out the year and then transfer somewhere that he'll be immediately eligible and be assured of a bigger role and more playing time. But that's what I fear will happen. I wish he was playing for the Jacks this season, but obviously that won't be the case. So it's time to move on and cheer for the guys we have. They're pretty darn good, as they demonstrated in the GCU game.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                          I posted this is the game thread, but if you got to meet Brandon... even just for a little bit, you'd like him.

I wish him nothing but the best.
                          Yes I am sure I would like Brandon. I mentioned that he seemed cocky but that's the racism in me passing judgement on a young confident man. I said this more than once. His 3.0 GPA is as impressive to anything he has done on the BB court. I hope he works out his problems and it is been a joy to watch a shorty guy like him on the court. Good Luck Brandon.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            As long as it's within the rules I would find it hard to criticize him.
                            Unless of course he transferred to Fargo or Vermillion!

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
                              Unless of course he transferred to Fargo or Vermillion!
                              Lol. Well I figured that was obvious.

Comment

Nice feature on Flatten. It's been great seeing him blossom this year.

https://www.ksfy.com/content/sports/...505400491.html

Comment

Working...
                                X