2018-2019 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-2019 Season Thread

I just picked up tickets to the WIU game (Senior Day) and took note of the remaining reserved seats for all the Saturday games. It looks like we have some good crowds coming if the weather cooperates. I expect the WIU crowd will be really strong with it being the last game for so many very memorable seniors (MBB and WBB).

UND: 90 reserved seats left

USD: 5 reserved seats left

WIU: 150ish reserved seats left

These were based on counting the actual seats that I could select to purchase, not the number given when I held the mouse over a section (which was higher).

Comment

Zimmer published an excellent, in-depth article about Tevin King tonight. King is quite a success story and even easier to cheer for when you know more about his background.

https://www.argusleader.com/videos/s...ng/2816009002/

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        Zimmer published an excellent, in-depth article about Tevin King tonight. King is quite a success story and even easier to cheer for when you know more about his background.

https://www.argusleader.com/videos/s...ng/2816009002/
        Agreed. This is a great story. What a gritty, valuable, all-round contributor Tevin has been. He's awesome to watch.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Agreed. This is a great story. What a gritty, valuable, all-round contributor Tevin has been. He's awesome to watch.
          I was telling my kids a couple days ago that I think TK is probably my favorite Jackrabbit. I just absolutely love watching the guy play ball. His block on USD's Simpson after the steal in last years Summit Championship will forever be ingrained in my head. Not only was it a filthy play on his part, but it was such an exclamation point to a portion of the game where the Jacks were so dominate, and the yotes just looked like deer in headlights. Easily the most entertaining stretch of any game I've ever witnessed.

There's a lot of talk about what happens after Daum, and for good reason. I'm more concerned about what happens after Tevin....his just brings another level the defensive end of things, specifically, that I'm not sure how SDSU will replace, at least initially.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            There's a lot of talk about what happens after Daum, and for good reason. I'm more concerned about what happens after Tevin....his just brings another level the defensive end of things, specifically, that I'm not sure how SDSU will replace, at least initially.
            I think that TK has had a huge effect on Jenkins. It just seems like DJJ has stepped up his defense since he came here and it can't be a coincidence that he also lives with Tevin. I know that Tevin will get a look at playing in Europe, but I think he is the type of player that would pay huge dividends transitioning to the coaching staff.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Jenkins is definitely starting to get some national attention. This stuff should blow up next year when he steps out of Daum’s massive shadow. I knew he was having a great season, but this writeup was an eye opener.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ll-this-season

Comment

Not to sound like a debbie downer but those losses to fgcu and Tulane sure look worse. However we got every best shot especially to end the year and the team responded too it. We made come back wins, just 1 got away with a buzzer beater loss at Omaha but what a good end to the year to get the team ready for the tournament. I expect it to be a grind. Hope those non sdsu games go to overtime OT or 2 or 3
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Not to sound like a debbie downer but those losses to fgcu and Tulane sure look worse. However we got every best shot especially to end the year and the team responded too it. We made come back wins, just 1 got away with a buzzer beater loss at Omaha but what a good end to the year to get the team ready for the tournament. I expect it to be a grind. Hope those non sdsu games go to overtime OT or 2 or 3
                  Tulane was playing Temple today on one of the ESPN channels. They have 4 wins and zero wins in their conference. That made me cringe!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    I think most would agree that this year has been successful (Regular Season Conference Champion) but not overwhelmingly successful ... despite rather high expectations given the makeup of this team. It just seems things are off slightly ... not quite a great team despite having great enough talent. The thing that encourages me is that if they do get into the NCAA tournament ... there is talent enough to win a game or two, if the matchup is right and if the talent shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
                      I think most would agree that this year has been successful (Regular Season Conference Champion) but not overwhelmingly successful ... despite rather high expectations given the makeup of this team. It just seems things are off slightly ... not quite a great team despite having great enough talent. The thing that encourages me is that if they do get into the NCAA tournament ... there is talent enough to win a game or two, if the matchup is right and if the talent shows up.
                      I would give that the team has matured over the season as expected rotation was disrupted when the season began. The heavy senior lead helped bring the team identity shape as winners along with some help of a defeat of Omaha at Tulsa. (Omaha has a few seniors who could have done the same) Is 2 losses in conference just OK? I do not expect a big letdown. It is possible that another team plays above their ability in the tournament. The Jackrabbits have a solid group with a common goal.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I expected this team to win the regular season conference title and they got it done. Never expected them to do it without losing a game either. Everything else this team wants to do is still in front of them.

However, I really thought with this team would notch a couple of real signature wins against potential ranked opponents. It didn't happen which isn't a big surprise.

Now, it is time for a business trip to Sioux Falls and get into the tournament. Defense needs to show improvement to win in SL Tourney and for sure if we are going to have a shot at a win or two in the dance.

Is it Saturday yet? Absolutely can't wait! Favorite few days of the year!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          I expected this team to win the regular season conference title and they got it done. Never expected them to do it without losing a game either. Everything else this team wants to do is still in front of them.

However, I really thought with this team would notch a couple of real signature wins against potential ranked opponents. It didn't happen which isn't a big surprise.

Now, it is time for a business trip to Sioux Falls and get into the tournament. Defense needs to show improvement to win in SL Tourney and for sure if we are going to have a shot at a win or two in the dance.

Is it Saturday yet? Absolutely can't wait! Favorite few days of the year!

SUPERBUNNY
                          The loss to Tulane is very problematic.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                            That game is way long ago and done with. The only problematic game is the next one!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                              If we don't have that loss, we're probably a 13 instead of 14. Without FGCU maybe a 12. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                If we don't have that loss, we're probably a 13 instead of 14. Without FGCU maybe a 12. Oh well.
                                Come on Cappin if we don't win the next one that loss means nothing! Time to move on!

Comment

Working...
                                X