Top 10 10/31 release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top 10 10/31 release

With all this talk of seeds and hosting a game, I realized that I have already bought tickets for the US Bank Stadium classic to watch SDSU play basketball on December 1st... the day that the Jacks would host a playoff football game. That sucks. Definitely not going to help playoff attendance issues. Anyone else going up for that?

Comment

Stupid question: If the Jacks get a top 8 seed will they be off over Thanksgiving weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
        Stupid question: If the Jacks get a top 8 seed will they be off over Thanksgiving weekend?
        Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          With all this talk of seeds and hosting a game, I realized that I have already bought tickets for the US Bank Stadium classic to watch SDSU play basketball on December 1st... the day that the Jacks would host a playoff football game. That sucks. Definitely not going to help playoff attendance issues. Anyone else going up for that?
          I will be at US Bank Stadium for the basketball game also.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            I will be at US Bank Stadium for the basketball game also.
            Perhaps we need to start talking about getting the tickets in hands of people that won't be going to the basketball game. I don't think that I will be able to make the BB game, so I will be clapping my gloved hands off as loud as I can.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Playoff game 1000%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                Perhaps we need to start talking about getting the tickets in hands of people that won't be going to the basketball game. I don't think that I will be able to make the BB game, so I will be clapping my gloved hands off as loud as I can.
                Should be plenty of seats for people to buy. There always is for playoff games. Season ticket holders have to pay for playoff tickets to keep their seats.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  Should be plenty of seats for people to buy. There always is for playoff games. Season ticket holders have to pay for playoff tickets to keep their seats.
                  That's what I was thinking... If they were my season tickets I would make sure someone would use them. But since I won't be going, they'll get released for anyone to purchase at the same price I could have got them.

Comment

I want JMU in December in Brookings. Which could still happen if they drop a game and end up unseeded, or somewhere around 5/6 and we slide up to 3/4. It could be poetic.

Comment

Someone needs to explain why Weber State is ranked as high as they are. They lost to a sub-par Northern Arizona team. I know they beat E Washington, but c'mon. Big Sky, over rated as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                        Someone needs to explain why Weber State is ranked as high as they are. They lost to a sub-par Northern Arizona team. I know they beat E Washington, but c'mon. Big Sky, over rated as ever.
                        They only have 1 FCS loss. It's a weird year where other than the top 2 or 3 teams, the field is pretty wide open. Also, whether you think the Big Sky is overrated or not, they have a strength of schedule ranked 8th, which is pretty good. Here's a list of the top 10 with their SOS, quality wins, and remaining schedule (thanks to kalm and kemo on the AGS board http://www.anygivensaturday.com/show...=1#post2701358):

1) NDSU
                        --- Youngstown St; @ Missouri St; Southern Illinois
                        SoS: 3
                        Quality wins *: Illinois State, WIU, UNI, SDSU, UD

2) James Madison
                        --- @ New Hampshire; Rhode Island; @Towson
                        SoS: 22
                        QW: SBU

3) UC Davis
                        --- Northern Arizona; @ Eastern Washington; Sacramento St
                        Sos: 9
                        QW: SJSU, Idaho State, Montana, San Diego

4) Weber St
                        --- Sacramento State; @ Southern Utah; @ Idaho St
                        SoS: 8
                        QW: EWU, Montana State, UND

5) Elon
                        --- Rhode Island; Towson; @ Maine
                        SoS: 7
                        QW: JMU

6) Kennesaw St.
                        --- Campbell; @ Monmouth; Jacksonville St (neutral site)
                        SoS: 88
                        Samford

7) SDSU
                        --- Missouri St; @ SIU; USD
                        Sos: 5
                        QW: Montana State, Indiana State, Illinois State

8) Wofford
                        --- @ Samford; @ Western Carolina; Presbyterian
                        SoS: 54
                        QW: UTC, ETSU, Mercer

9) Eastern Washington
                        --- @ Northern Colorado; UC Davis; @ Portland St
                        SoS: 14
                        QW: Montana State

10) Delaware
                        --- @ Albany; @ Stony Brook; Villanova
                        Sos: 16
                        QW: Towson, Elon

Comment

They only have 1 FCS loss. It's a weird year where other than the top 2 or 3 teams, the field is pretty wide open. Also, whether you think the Big Sky is overrated or not, they have a strength of schedule ranked 8th, which is pretty good. Here's a list of the top 10 with their SOS, quality wins, and remaining schedule (thanks to kalm and kemo on the AGS board http://www.anygivensaturday.com/show...=1#post2701358):

1) NDSU
                          --- Youngstown St; @ Missouri St; Southern Illinois
                          SoS: 3
                          Quality wins *: Illinois State, WIU, UNI, SDSU, UD

2) James Madison
                          --- @ New Hampshire; Rhode Island; @Towson
                          SoS: 22
                          QW: SBU

3) UC Davis
                          --- Northern Arizona; @ Eastern Washington; Sacramento St
                          Sos: 9
                          QW: SJSU, Idaho State, Montana, San Diego

4) Weber St
                          --- Sacramento State; @ Southern Utah; @ Idaho St
                          SoS: 8
                          QW: EWU, Montana State, UND

5) Elon
                          --- Rhode Island; Towson; @ Maine
                          SoS: 7
                          QW: JMU

6) Kennesaw St.
                          --- Campbell; @ Monmouth; Jacksonville St (neutral site)
                          SoS: 88
                          Samford

7) SDSU
                          --- Missouri St; @ SIU; USD
                          Sos: 5
                          QW: Montana State, Indiana State, Illinois State

8) Wofford
                          --- @ Samford; @ Western Carolina; Presbyterian
                          SoS: 54
                          QW: UTC, ETSU, Mercer

9) Eastern Washington
                          --- @ Northern Colorado; UC Davis; @ Portland St
                          SoS: 14
                          QW: Montana State

10) Delaware
                          --- @ Albany; @ Stony Brook; Villanova
                          Sos: 16
                          QW: Towson, Elon
                          Looks like I'm a Towson and Rhode Island fan for the next few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            Looks like I'm a Towson and Rhode Island fan for the next few weeks
                            Towson will be interesting because they only have 1 FCS loss, and that's to Delaware. Towson was probably just off this list, so if they can beat Elon, they'll probably replace them on the top 10 but not sure where. If they beat both Elon and JMU, they could go as high as the 3 or 4 seed possibly.

Comment

Towson will be interesting because they only have 1 FCS loss, and that's to Delaware. Towson was probably just off this list, so if they can beat Elon, they'll probably replace them on the top 10 but not sure where. If they beat both Elon and JMU, they could go as high as the 3 or 4 seed possibly.
                              Yeah. It’s interesting because there is a scenario where we could be argued to get into the top 3 or even top 2 seeds if Davis loses to EWU, Weber loses to ISUo, JMU loses to Towson, and Elon loses to Rhody. If Towson finishes out without another loss they’re top three seed IMO, and same for Davis. We have to take care of business and have a couple of teams we’ve beaten win out or at least be respectable, like ISUr and ISUb.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                                Yeah. It’s interesting because there is a scenario where we could be argued to get into the top 3 or even top 2 seeds if Davis loses to EWU, Weber loses to ISUo, JMU loses to Towson, and Elon loses to Rhody. If Towson finishes out without another loss they’re top three seed IMO, and same for Davis. We have to take care of business and have a couple of teams we’ve beaten win out or at least be respectable, like ISUr and ISUb.

I can definitely see Elon falling out, considering they just lost their star RB to injury for the season (and his career sadly). I wouldn't be surprised to see Weber St. drop one. Both of those would fall below us for sure.

Kennesaw St. has a tough game against JSU. If they win out though, it will be interesting to see if we would jump them in the final seeding based on SOS (i think we should).

What happens if EWU wins out? UC Davis would obviously fall, but would EWU then jump us with only 1 FCS loss?

If you think about it, between JMU, Elon, and Towson, one of those 3 will definitely be ahead of us in seeding (either Towson will beat both and jump us or whoever Towson loses to will stay ahead of us), possibly two if Elon and JMU win out. So I think our max seed is probably 3 at this point unless Towson, JMU or Elon drop one they shouldn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X