Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top 10 10/31 release

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Even if we win the UNI game we don’t have a great win. They would be out of the playoffs if we win that game. It could be Indy St if they win out, which is weird to think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ISU-Blue is now 4-4 with a win over USED.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      ISU-Blue is now 4-4 with a win over USED.
      Sycamores are 5-4.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        Looking at where things sit, it looks like realistically with winning out we probably max out at the 5 seed. I don’t see us jumping most of the teams above us outside of Elon and Weber, both of whom I think are pretty high to begin with. Even if JMU loses to Towson I doubt they drop that far, people nationally are still viewing them as the JMU of the prior two years IMO. Also, if Towson were to win out I wouldn’t be surprised to see them jump over us with the wins they would have.
        With JMU's unexpected loss to UNH, do you think we have the potential to get to #4 now? I am thinking that NDSU, the winner of UCD and EWU, and KSU if they win out are the only locks to stay ahead of us. Maybe not even KSU if they win out with their SOS. If we put together 2 more performances like we did on Saturday, I think it will be hard for the committee to keep us out of the top 4.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          With JMU's unexpected loss to UNH, do you think we have the potential to get to #4 now? I am thinking that NDSU, the winner of UCD and EWU, and KSU if they win out are the only locks to stay ahead of us. Maybe not even KSU if they win out with their SOS. If we put together 2 more performances like we did on Saturday, I think it will be hard for the committee to keep us out of the top 4.
          Do you think the committee will make an effort to seed SDSU and NDSU on the opposite sides of the bracket? So since NDSU is locked into #1, we would have to be a 3,6, or 7 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            Do you think the committee will make an effort to seed SDSU and NDSU on the opposite sides of the bracket? So since NDSU is locked into #1, we would have to be a 3,6, or 7 seed.
            I don't think that will come into consideration. I think with seeding they do a good job of placing teams according to how they feel teams are actually ranked.

Comment

With how things are going I wouldn’t be shocked if a couple other teams drop head scratchers. The more I think on it the less impressive the CAA looks. So yeah I could see a top 4 seed if we take care of business.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Maybe. But I'm not sure. If EWU, UD, Elon, and Weber win out, they'll all have a better resume than us. Each of those teams has at least one top 15 win that we likely will not have. And they have the same or fewer losses to FCS teams as us. And if EWU beats Davis, there's no guarantee they drop behind us. That would be their only FCS loss. For us to get a top 4, I think we need weber and Elon to lose. If JSU could beat KSU, that would be helpful too. I think we're going to stay around 6 and get jumped by a team or two that have a backloaded schedule. Unless there's an upset or two. Then we'd be in play for a top 4.

To date, we don't have win on par with the other teams like ELON, UD, EWU/DAVIS, or Weber. And we aren't going to get that win either.

I also agree that the CAA looks less dominant than originally thought, and I doubt they have a team in the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                  Maybe. But I'm not sure. If EWU, UD, Elon, and Weber win out, they'll all have a better resume than us. Each of those teams has at least one top 15 win that we likely will not have. And they have the same or fewer losses to FCS teams as us. And if EWU beats Davis, there's no guarantee they drop behind us. That would be their only FCS loss. For us to get a top 4, I think we need weber and Elon to lose. If JSU could beat KSU, that would be helpful too. I think we're going to stay around 6 and get jumped by a team or two that have a backloaded schedule. Unless there's an upset or two. Then we'd be in play for a top 4.

To date, we don't have win on par with the other teams like ELON, UD, EWU/DAVIS, or Weber. And we aren't going to get that win either.

I also agree that the CAA looks less dominant than originally thought, and I doubt they have a team in the finals.
                  You're probably right... we might need 2 out of 3 of the following to have a good shot at a top 4 seed (the good thing is, none of them are far fetched at all):

Weber lose to Idaho State
                  Elon lose to Towson or Maine
                  Kennesaw lose to JSU

Comment

You're probably right... we might need 2 out of 3 of the following to have a good shot at a top 4 seed (the good thing is, none of them are far fetched at all):

Kennesaw lose to JSU
                    Agreed. I think one or two more upsets will happen in front of us. Elon losing to Maine or Towson is definitely possible, and maybe even more likely than Elon winning out. Weber and ISU is a huge game for both teams, and it could be a toss up. Not sure if the game is in Ogden or Pocatello. Davis and EWU is huge. And I actually think that it's probably to the Jacks benefit if the aggies win, because EWU could not then jump over SDSU in the rankings.

A 6 seed playing at KSU isn't ideal, but it's probably the best quarterfinal draw we could get if we have to play on the road.

Comment

Kennesaw lose to JSU
                      I would be happy with being seeded #5.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Kennesaw lose to JSU
                        Weber loss to ISU is definitely a possibility. Elon is a bit decimated by injury, so think them losing one of those 2 is likely. Very possible they drop both. KSU is overrated, but don't think JSU has much of a chance in that game. Just keep us out of the triple option bracket though please...

Comment

I would not be thrilled with #5. I'll take #3 or #6.

Comment

Ideally, we want a home game through the semis, but that's very unlikely. A home game through the quarters is possible, but we need some help. @Davis, @KSU, and @Weber are all possible quarterfinal destinations if we end up on the 5/6/7 line. None of them are really hard places to play, but each of those teams are good. Of those, I'd take the triple option @KSU, since I think they're the weakest of the 3 and I have faith that our run D would do okay with the triple option. This is a better D than the one that was torched by Cal Poly.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                              I would not be thrilled with #5. I'll take #3 or #6.
                              This. At one point I thought I'd prefer a return trip to the Fargodome rather than having to go JMU to play them again in the semi-finals if they were the 2-seed, but now I think whoever is on the 2-seed line or below will be much better match-up for us than having to play NDSU in Fargo for a chance to go to Frisco.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Honestly, with the D we have been trotting out the last couple weeks, I am just hoping we don't have to play over Thanksgiving weekend. No one scares me with this D. As long as they keep it up for two more weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X