Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top 10 10/31 release

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    I can definitely see Elon falling out, considering they just lost their star RB to injury for the season (and his career sadly). I wouldn't be surprised to see Weber St. drop one. Both of those would fall below us for sure.

Kennesaw St. has a tough game against JSU. If they win out though, it will be interesting to see if we would jump them in the final seeding based on SOS (i think we should).

What happens if EWU wins out? UC Davis would obviously fall, but would EWU then jump us with only 1 FCS loss?

If you think about it, between JMU, Elon, and Towson, one of those 3 will definitely be ahead of us in seeding (either Towson will beat both and jump us or whoever Towson loses to will stay ahead of us), possibly two if Elon and JMU win out. So I think our max seed is probably 3 at this point unless Towson, JMU or Elon drop one they shouldn't.
    Yeah EWU probably jumps us with only one loss and the big UC Davis win. Kennesaw drops out if they lose to JSU period. They have no SOS whatsoever so they NEED to win the JSU game. That said, don’t be surprised if committee darling JSU wins they jump into the 7-8 spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Other than NDSU, I like our chances to be competitive with any of these teams except maybe Kennesaw State. I don't like our coaches inability to draw up a game plan to defend the option.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        Yeah EWU probably jumps us with only one loss and the big UC Davis win. Kennesaw drops out if they lose to JSU period. They have no SOS whatsoever so they NEED to win the JSU game. That said, don’t be surprised if committee darling JSU wins they jump into the 7-8 spot.

My bet is that the committee does everything they can to slot SDSU in the #4 or #8 spot to keep the regional match-up.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          My bet is that the committee does everything they can to slot SDSU in the #4 or #8 spot to keep the regional match-up.
          Idk... It seems like they've been more worried about the 1st and 2nd round regional matchups more than the 3rd round, which makes sense because you have complete control over 1st and 2nd round matchups, but by the 3rd round, it's hard to tell who will be left.

Comment

Sadly, you're likely right about Jacksonville State. I don't think even the committee could justify them jumping any current team on the list who continues to win, but there will be losses and that will allow the Gamecocks to slowly get "slot voted" up into the top 10 and higher.

It's ironic that JSU will get the benefit-of-the-doubt due to their reputation, but their reputation is being over-ranked and dropping out of the playoffs early.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Didn't EWU lose their starting QB though? May have a tough time winning out with him gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                Didn't EWU lose their starting QB though? May have a tough time winning out with him gone.
                I believe they’re 2-1 without him with the loss being the first game with the backup against Weber. They seem to have responded well. Outside of UC Davis left they don’t have any real tough games remaining.

Comment

JMU down 28-3 to New Hampshire in the 3rd quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                    JMU down 28-3 to New Hampshire in the 3rd quarter.
                    James Madison goes down 35-24. That should qualify as a bad loss. New Hampshire was 2-4 going in.

Comment

That should knock JMU off the seed line. They won't win the CAA, and have 2 FCS losses, 1 FBS. I don't think you can make an argument that they are more deserving than the current 1-6 seeds, and they have a worse loss and equal or fewer good wins to seeds 7,8,9. Not to mention EWU, Wofford, and Colgate all have as good or better resume.

And this isn't even accounting for the fact that JMU could very easily drop another game with the way they're playing.

Comment

Good rebound win by UNI. They need to win out so that our loss to them doesn't seem that bad.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          Good rebound win by UNI. They need to win out so that our loss to them doesn't seem that bad.
                          While I agree that it does help make our loss look a little better, I would have preferred to have ISUr win so that we would have a victory over a playoff team. The birds may not make it now at 6-4 vs DI competition. And Montana State is already on the bubble with 4 losses. I'm not sure what our signature win is this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                            That should knock JMU off the seed line. They won't win the CAA, and have 2 FCS losses, 1 FBS. I don't think you can make an argument that they are more deserving than the current 1-6 seeds, and they have a worse loss and equal or fewer good wins to seeds 7,8,9. Not to mention EWU, Wofford, and Colgate all have as good or better resume.

And this isn't even accounting for the fact that JMU could very easily drop another game with the way they're playing.
                            They’re going to stay high after all the chaos today. They should get jumped by several teams though.

Comment

While I agree that it does help make our loss look a little better, I would have preferred to have ISUr win so that we would have a victory over a playoff team. The birds may not make it now at 6-4 vs DI competition. And Montana State is already on the bubble with 4 losses. I'm not sure what our signature win is this year.
                              Ark Pine Bluff

Comment

Even if we win the UNI game we don’t have a great win. They would be out of the playoffs if we win that game. It could be Indy St if they win out, which is weird to think.

Comment

Working...
                                X