Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top 10 10/31 release

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    Agreed. Last year, we would have been on the road to Conway Arkansas for the quarterfinals had UNH not upset the bears. Although I think we could win in Fargo, for the sake of interest, I just want to play somewhere else. That being said, I think a trip to EWU might be difficult. We didn't do too hot there in 2013. Who knows how this team would respond, but the red turf is hard to get used to. Otherwise, I think a road trip to Ogden or Kennesaw would be our next best bet if we can't get a home game. I have a feeling that there's going to be at least one upset of those three teams mentioned this Saturday though, so we ought to slide up a bit. I also think that there's a decent chance the higher seed in our bracket will get upset in the second round, giving us a home quarterfinal. Especially if the higher seed is KSU.

If we don't drop the game at UNI, we're hosting games until Frisco. The same could be said for last year vs UNI or YSU, or 2016 vs ISUr. In an 11 game season with an fbs on the schedule, you can really only afford to drop one FCS game to stay in contention for the top 4 without some major help. It's crying over spilled milk at this point, but a win at UNI and I think our chances of making it to Frisco go way up. Brookings in December is hard on the road team.
    and the fans...

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      A Jacksonville State U upset of Kennesaw should helps some I would think. If you look at the KSU official website. They are celebrating the Big South championship and JSU has nothing to lose except a win would move them up. They would be the same as SDSU 8-2. The gamecocks robbed the D2 championship from us in 1985. I am pulling for them to beat Newt Ginrich's old school KSU.
      This game and the Colgate game are real important for our seeding IMO. Here’s my very negative conspiracy theory I posted in the other thread.

Colgate wins against Army and Kennesaw beats JSU. Both have better wins than us and are undefeated vs FCS. Boom, they’re seeded higher. ndsu is obvious number one. Then EWU with their win over UC Davis is above us. That’s already bumped us down to 5. If JMU wins to end the season they’ll have better wins and name recognition for the last couple years, won’t surprise me a bit to have them put above us. Now we’re at 6. I could see them keeping UC Davis above us because of only one FCS loss and the FBS win. Now we’re at 7. Your other likely seed at the moment is Weber who if they don’t drop the ISU game is already above us I believe, or at least a half credible argument can be made to put them there. You can say they just do the seeding and ignore regionalism till you’re blue in the face, but good luck convincing me that if they see a half of a chance to drop SDSU to the 8 line when ndsu has the 1 they’ll do it. It was proven when UND got the 7 seed over us. Prepare yourselves and root for the Gamecocks, and Go Army.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Really blows that we laid an egg against UNI. If that's a win we are a lock for #2 seed with a win over USD and have all home games and a decent path to Frisco.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          This game and the Colgate game are real important for our seeding IMO. Here’s my very negative conspiracy theory I posted in the other thread.

Colgate wins against Army and Kennesaw beats JSU. Both have better wins than us and are undefeated vs FCS. Boom, they’re seeded higher. ndsu is obvious number one. Then EWU with their win over UC Davis is above us. That’s already bumped us down to 5. If JMU wins to end the season they’ll have better wins and name recognition for the last couple years, won’t surprise me a bit to have them put above us. Now we’re at 6. I could see them keeping UC Davis above us because of only one FCS loss and the FBS win. Now we’re at 7. Your other likely seed at the moment is Weber who if they don’t drop the ISU game is already above us I believe, or at least a half credible argument can be made to put them there. You can say they just do the seeding and ignore regionalism till you’re blue in the face, but good luck convincing me that if they see a half of a chance to drop SDSU to the 8 line when ndsu has the 1 they’ll do it. It was proven when UND got the 7 seed over us. Prepare yourselves and root for the Gamecocks, and Go Army.

Thumper figuring out how the committee will send SDSU to Fargo:

Comment

https://twitter.com/craighaley?lang=en

Here is the latest projected field from Craig Haley

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Thumper figuring out how the committee will send SDSU to Fargo:

Yup. That way if im wrong I'll be happy lol

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting way ahead of myself here, but I have this fear that I'd be forced to miss a possible Jacks home playoff game on 12/7 due to a new PT gig.

Provided the Jacks aren't seeded #8 or unseeded in playoffs, that scheduling shouldn't be possible, right (based on prior year's scheduling that had #1 seed and their opponent scheduled for the Friday 2nd round games)?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                  Getting way ahead of myself here, but I have this fear that I'd be forced to miss a possible Jacks home playoff game on 12/7 due to a new PT gig.

Provided the Jacks aren't seeded #8 or unseeded in playoffs, that scheduling shouldn't be possible, right (based on prior year's scheduling that had #1 seed and their opponent scheduled for the Friday 2nd round games)?
                  https://www.ncaa.com/championships/f...e-championship

Said in Jest: "Google is your freind bro!"

In summary if we get scheduled the 8th your clean but it's quite possible and likely even that it will be the 7th

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    https://www.ncaa.com/championships/f...e-championship

Said in Jest: "Google is your freind bro!"

In summary if we get scheduled the 8th your clean but it's quite possible and likely even that it will be the 7th
                    I'd seen that summary. I was trying to use last year's bracket as a guide (and I misspoke earlier; I should've said Rd 3/quarterfinals). Guess I don't understand why they can't specify the seeds that'd play each day at this point (without stating the teams, who haven't been seeded yet) to give fans a better idea what may transpire.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                      I'd seen that summary. I was trying to use last year's bracket as a guide (and I misspoke earlier; I should've said Rd 3/quarterfinals). Guess I don't understand why they can't specify the seeds that'd play each day at this point (without stating the teams, who haven't been seeded yet) to give fans a better idea what may transpire.
                      I believe they make the decision somewhat for TV, and probably travel, but I could be wrong. They would likely rather have a packed Fargodome for the prime TV spot over an empty/half full stadium. They also probably take weather/location into account. Would you rather schedule a game in Brookings for Friday night or in the afternoon Saturday where it shouldn’t be AS cold. I know if we get a Friday game I’ll be trying to get Friday off however to make a full day of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X