NDSU women-Still club sport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU women-Still club sport?

Looks like the Bison women basketball program continues to remain not much more than "club status". Last night they played an exhibition game against UM-Duluth and UMD won, 70-65. Maybe that first statement is a little overstated (but not by much!). Duluth is a good program and pre-season picked to lead the northern division of the Northern Sun Conf. The top teams in the Northern Sum play very good basketball and cannot be summarily written off when playing any of the Summit teams. But, game stats for NDSU in last night's contest played in front of 408 spectators show a weak start to the season for the Bison...looks like little has changed compared to the past several seasons. Anyone for 23 Bison turnovers? Link to the box score if interested: https://gobison.com/boxscore.aspx?path=wbball&id=9480

Re: NDSU women-Still club sport?

I watched the 4th quarter of that game on Midco. Looks like more of the same from NDSU. I don't know if they'll ever dig out of that hole. Also, why does Midco waste their resources covering a game like that (or NDSU WBB at all)?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      I watched the 4th quarter of that game on Midco. Looks like more of the same from NDSU. I don't know if they'll ever dig out of that hole. Also, why does Midco waste their resources covering a game like that (or NDSU WBB at all)?
      On national ESPN + STREAMING NO LESS...OOOYYA !

Comment

That coach's butt has to be getting quite warm up there. It's a shame to see the shambles that have become of that once proud program.

On another note, WIU beat DII Truman State by 6 points. So it doesn't appear that WIU is at the previous seasons level and it's going to be a build of a rebuild for them. However, Annabel Graettinger started and scored 28 points for them. Seems like she is over the injury bug that plagued her career here with us. Will be interesting to see how her career turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
          That coach's butt has to be getting quite warm up there. It's a shame to see the shambles that have become of that once proud program.

On another note, WIU beat DII Truman State by 6 points. So it doesn't appear that WIU is at the previous seasons level and it's going to be a build of a rebuild for them. However, Annabel Graettinger started and scored 28 points for them. Seems like she is over the injury bug that plagued her career here with us. Will be interesting to see how her career turns out.
          When I saw this first post I went to the NDSU website thinking "I wonder who they hired as a new coach this year?" Was shocked that retained the coach from last year after the dismal showings the past two seasons. Obviously she's on a multi-year deal - I don't know how else this can be explained. It would be like our VB coach getting retained after this year.

Comment

Working...
          X