Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jaxon Janke

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Case in point... if we could have used the 4 game rule for Christion's freshman year, how many people would rather have had him red shirt that year, play Lujan when he was healthy again, and have TC only be in his junior year now and have his senior year next year? I would hope every single one of you would rather have that considering he's the best QB in the FCS now and we could have him for another year instead of looking to likely a red shirt freshman to step in and take the helm.
    Or this young Gibbs fellow might be the better than Carson Wentz and Taryn Christion...then it would be a TERRIBLE thing for this talent to waste a year sitting on his hands. It could be worse, Taryn had to step in without the redshirt year. It is easy to run the alternate scenario and concur with the coaching decisions about Taryn having an outstanding football career as a Jackrabbit. That is a fact.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Case in point... if we could have used the 4 game rule for Christion's freshman year, how many people would rather have had him red shirt that year, play Lujan when he was healthy again, and have TC only be in his junior year now and have his senior year next year? I would hope every single one of you would rather have that considering he's the best QB in the FCS now and we could have him for another year instead of looking to likely a red shirt freshman to step in and take the helm.
      Haha...this is funny. I remember a vocal group (weren't you a pro TC guy?) on here wanting Lujan benched because Taryn was the next coming of Christ. I can't imagine the uproar on here if Lujan would have played the Montana game and we had lost. The benefit of hind sight helps us know that wouldn't have mattered (we still lost with TC starting) but at the time Lujan starting that game wouldn't have gone over well with that group.

So to answer your question I think there is a group that wouldn't have traded that season for next year because there was a belief we could make a run with TC at the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        Or this young Gibbs fellow might be the better than Carson Wentz and Taryn Christion...then it would be a TERRIBLE thing for this talent to waste a year sitting on his hands. It could be worse, Taryn had to step in without the redshirt year. It is easy to run the alternate scenario and concur with the coaching decisions about Taryn having an outstanding football career as a Jackrabbit. That is a fact.
        Another angle is would Gibbs have even come to SDSU if he knew he likely would have been sitting for two years waiting for TC to graduate?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Haha...this is funny. I remember a vocal group (weren't you a pro TC guy?) on here wanting Lujan benched because Taryn was the next coming of Christ. I can't imagine the uproar on here if Lujan would have played the Montana game and we had lost. The benefit of hind sight helps us know that wouldn't have mattered (we still lost with TC starting) but at the time Lujan starting that game wouldn't have gone over well with that group.

So to answer your question I think there is a group that wouldn't have traded that season for next year because there was a belief we could make a run with TC at the helm.
          Yeah, I see your point, but you have to remember that the 4 game redshirt rule wasn't an option back then. After we had already burned his redshirt, I wanted him to play. It would have been a completely different discussion if there was an option to still use his redshirt.

Comment

Are we really comparing burning a redshirt to be the starting qb to burning one to be the number 5 wr and punt returner? Kind of apples to oranges isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              Are we really comparing burning a redshirt to be the starting qb to burning one to be the number 5 wr and punt returner? Kind of apples to oranges isn’t it?

Your reading comprehension is bad. I haven't said a peep about said #5 wr and punt returner.

Comment

Your reading comprehension is bad. I haven't said a peep about said #5 wr and punt returner.
                My bad for thinking this was about the thread topic. What a fool I am. Carry on.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Another angle is would Gibbs have even come to SDSU if he knew he likely would have been sitting for two years waiting for TC to graduate?
                  Conversely, would SDSU have been on Gibbs' radar without having Christion's performance as evidence of how Gibbs could thrive too?

Comment

Working...
                  X