Jaxon Janke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaxon Janke

He's played in 3 games, correct? What WR is injured that is still coming back? If he's so valuable at returning punts and giving some guys some rest at WR and plays 15-20 snaps on Off. is it worth it to burn his redshirt?

Re: Jaxon Janke

Is Marquise Lewis hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Is Marquise Lewis hurt?
      He’s done. Unfortunately. Keenan Orr and Alex Wilde leaving the team really hurt the depth. Isaiah Hill failing to grow in the playbook has also hurt. Jaxon Janike is going to be a really good receiver but it’s a shame we’re having to burn his redshirt this year.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Is Marquise Lewis hurt?
        Yes, and Zimmer recently tweeted that he'd be surprised if he comes back this year. Although I can't seem to find the tweet now - maybe he deleted it after someone corrected him?

Comment

Any chance we preserve Jaxon's redshirt by replacing him with his twin, Jadon, after he reaches 4 games? Or is Jaxon just a little better/more polished than Jadon?

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            He’s done. Unfortunately. Keenan Orr and Alex Wilde leaving the team really hurt the depth. Isaiah Hill failing to grow in the playbook has also hurt. Jaxon Janike is going to be a really good receiver but it’s a shame we’re having to burn his redshirt this year.
            Wow, I hadn't heard that, that really sucks. I would hate to see Janke's redshirt burned unless we're actually going to fully utilize him. If he's just going to return punts and be the 5th WR on the depth chart, it seems like a waste. If that's all he's going to do, we might as well throw Jadon in there for 4 games.

Comment

Done as in out of the program?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                Yes, and Zimmer recently tweeted that he'd be surprised if he comes back this year. Although I can't seem to find the tweet now - maybe he deleted it after someone corrected him?
                He answered my Twitter question to him. Yes he said he would be surprised if he returns.

Comment

Don’t underestimate the value of a punt returner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    Don’t underestimate the value of a punt returner.
                    You are correct. This new redshirt rule makes it a tough call. You would think out of 99 plus guys, there has to be another punt returner.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      You are correct. This new redshirt rule makes it a tough call. You would think out of 99 plus guys, there has to be another punt returner.
                      We’ve tried a bunch this year haven’t we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Done as in out of the program?
                        Retired due to injury.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Retired due to injury.
                          Thats a bummer. He was always fun to watch, especially punt returning. Always made me nervous, but still a lot of fun!!!

I say if Jaxon is our best option at punt returns and our #5 or 6 receiver he has to play. We have potentially 7 more games this year where he could bring great value. If he continues to give us results like he did last week its worth it. And although he hasn't caught any passes he seems to be a very good blocker as a receiver which also can't be overlooked

Comment

Answer's pretty easy to me, pull the RS. This team has a legit chance to make a run for Frisco, and our QB is way to special to not surround him with the best tools available and our Defense is way to good this season to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                              Answer's pretty easy to me, pull the RS. This team has a legit chance to make a run for Frisco, and our QB is way to special to not surround him with the best tools available and our Defense is way to good this season to waste.
                              Idk, to me it's not that simple. Imo, I would wait to see if our top 4 WRs can stay healthy. You've got 4 guys you can trust and 2 other guys to fill in. Jaxon is probably better than the other 2 guys, but how often are you utilizing your 5th and 6th WRs? If Jaxon shows that he can be one of the top 4 WRs right now, then fine, pull the red shirt. If not, I think it would be a waste at this time and that we should wait and see what the need is, especially with 3 games coming up that we shouldn't have a problem winning. As far as punt returning duties go, yes, he had a couple nice returns, but to burn a red shirt for PR duties, you would need to see that every time. The reality is, most punt returns are fair catches or no chance of a return because of a rugby punt or a punt out of bounds.

Top 4
                              Cade Johnson
                              Adam Anderson
                              Jacob Brown
                              Deyon Campbell

Other 2
                              Michael Wandmaker
                              Isaiah Hill

Comment

Working...
                              X