• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Illinois State Redbirds

We got to have a good second half.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      ISU's last 6 minutes of the 2nd quarter was similar to what happened to the Jacks in 2014 when they played in Normal. Atleast the Redbirds didn't give up a hail mary before the half.
      So maybe Normal is in need of an "Ab" in the town name?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        We got to have a good second half.
        Exactly; as Stig mentioned, need to play like it's tied at 0.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
          Always room for improvement (e.g., the run game), but the Jacks have made plays. Argument could be made that Cade's TD would've at least been a long gain even if CB hadn't fallen.

Love how they call a hold on Brown but missed tackle holding to allow their QB to run for 1st down
          Another red zone int today, leaving points on the board too. Should have at least 31 points. By no means has the offense played well, but it seems to be more about not finishing drives, costly mistakes, and a general lack of run game. If our D can play this good consistently, we can afford to still be a work in progress on O. The key is to get points on the board when we have a chance. We aren't good enough on O right now to just drive the field quick and score, so we have to take advantage.

And I'll say again, the redbirds are a good team, built around a strong D with a dominant D line. It's not a coincidense that our O has looked bad the past two weeks given the two defenses we've played. Let's see if the O can open it up a little in the second half.

Comment

So maybe Normal is in need of an "Ab" in the town name?
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Those two big fumble recoveries are now a big part of the game and our lead. Krockpot is having a good game. He deserves scholarship money if he is not now receiving.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                Another red zone int today, leaving points on the board too. Should have at least 31 points. By no means has the offense played well, but it seems to be more about not finishing drives, costly mistakes, and a general lack of run game. If our D can play this good consistently, we can afford to still be a work in progress on O. The key is to get points on the board when we have a chance. We aren't good enough on O right now to just drive the field quick and score, so we have to take advantage.

And I'll say again, the redbirds are a good team, built around a strong D with a dominant D line. It's not a coincidense that our O has looked bad the past two weeks given the two defenses we've played. Let's see if the O can open it up a little in the second half.
                I'll take 2/3 in red zone, 50% on 3rd down, and leading by three scores on the road. The INT in the end zone is less troubling for me than the incomplete pass that they initially ruled a fumble because the former was due to miscommunication, while the latter was incredibly risky

Comment

3 and out by the Birds to begin the 2nd half
                  Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                    3 and out by the Birds to begin the 2nd half
                    Very impressed by the defense. Snyder has been involved in multiple run stops. It's great that his run-stopping strength helps counter the Redbirds offense's

Comment

Brandon Snyder INT

Comment

Very impressed by the defense. Snyder has been involved in multiple run stops. It's great that his run-stopping strength helps counter the Redbirds offense's
                        Defense playing well since that initial blown coverage. This would be a huge win! Snyder!

Comment

Apparently the Birds are using their backup QB. Perfect throw to the Jacks for an interception.
                          Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Brandon Snyder INT
                            And just like that Snyder plays perfect centerfield safety

Comment

Brandon Snyder INT
                              This makes Bulldog's and my day. Way to go Brandon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                This makes Bulldog's and my day. Way to go Brandon.
                                That was an athletic play. He completely dove for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X