Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Illinois State Redbirds

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Online bios suggest Stig was at Northern when Farley was a GA at UNI. More specifically, Stig appears to have been at UNI from 1980-81, while Farley was GA from 86-88.

It probably helps that UNI has coaches like Bryce Paup on staff
    Thank You. A few years separating their career paths. They don’t seem to the best of friends. UNI definitely defense seems to have our number.

Comment

Very impressive road win for the Jacks. The team was solid in all phases (until the the last few minutes of the fourth quarter, anyway).
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
        No problem. I probably focus on competitors' staff pedigrees (NFL experience, FBS playing/coaching history, etc.) a bit more than others because I think it's a factor given short shrift by those critical of Stig.
        You would think Paup is very much in line for head coach job somewhere.

Comment

Fantastic win, on the road, against a tough team. They beat Colorado State, and played the Bison tough on the road.

Kept hearing how great their running game was, and how tough their defense was.

I saw the Jackrabbits continually thwart their running game, and moved the ball well on them most of the game, except a few drives there.

Honestly they played the Bison tough at NDSU last week. The Jackrabbits were up 35-7 on the road at one point.

Yeah, the prevent at the end of the game is frustrating. And maybe it's good, because the guys go home and think, we've still got stuff to work on.

I think the run game will improve... Mikey seemed to be doing a little better the second half, and when we get Wilson back, that will help too. Was nice to see Strong back out there today too.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            Fantastic win, on the road, against a tough team. They beat Colorado State, and played the Bison tough on the road.

I saw the Jackrabbits continually thwart their running game, and moved the ball well on them most of the game, except a few drives there.

Honestly they played the Bison tough at NDSU last week. The Jackrabbits were up 35-7 on the road at one point.

Yeah, the prevent at the end of the game is frustrating. And maybe it's good, because the guys go home and think, we've still got stuff to work on.

I think the run game will improve... Mikey seemed to be doing a little better the second half, and when we get Wilson back, that will help too. Was nice to see Strong back out there today too.
            Great win verse a very good team. Pleased we got the run game going. Offensive lines are built on chemistry and adding one piece back in the mix was important, but also is an adjustment. I don't think it was as much prevent as it was having several key starters not in on the last 2 drives defensively. Why the heck Illinois State didn't go for two when they were down 24 and decided to cut it to 17 instead of 16 early in the 4th is beyond me.

Comment

Just watched the game. What would we do without the DVR? Yes, loved his pick, but love his leadership and toughness even more. I'm guessing he's getting healthier, but haven't heard much over the past couple weeks. Still perplexed why he plays so few of snaps. Why he is getting less than 40% of the snaps is puzzling. Still not a fan of all the back 7 shuffling. Backhuis coming out way to many snaps as well. I know I'm a biased NW Iowa Jack, but it's still perplexing. Hopefully we can continue to get healthy. We still miss CJ offensively. I really like the future of Jaxon Jenke not just as a returner but as a wide receiver as well. I've heard good things about our 4 Northwest Iowa true freshman. It's fun to be back on the SDSU train. Trying to come up with a sexier slogan than what Coach Jackson has for his NebraskaJacks!

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                Just watched the game. What would we do without the DVR? Yes, loved his pick, but love his leadership and toughness even more. I'm guessing he's getting healthier, but haven't heard much over the past couple weeks. Still perplexed why he plays so few of snaps. Why he is getting less than 40% of the snaps is puzzling. Still not a fan of all the back 7 shuffling. Backhuis coming out way to many snaps as well.!
                The main reason for both is health. Snyder’s injury has also limited his range and ability to change directions in the passing game. He is awesome in run support though. All the linebackers are beat up so I’m guessing Rogers is just trying to limit how many hits they are takin each week. I’m assuming it changes in playoffs.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  The main reason for both is health. Snyder’s injury has also limited his range and ability to change directions in the passing game. He is awesome in run support though. All the linebackers are beat up so I’m guessing Rodgers is just trying to limit how many hits they are takin each week. I’m assuming it changes in playoffs.
                  A half healthy Synder is probably better than no Synder at all. He is definitely in good hands with Jimmy Rogers as his coach. Jimmy knows from his playing days what it is to take hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    A half healthy Synder is probably better than no Synder at all. He is definitely in good hands with Jimmy Rogers as his coach. Jimmy knows from his playing days what it is to take hits.
                    Bergstrom coaches the safeties.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

I agree that this was a good win against against good team on the road. It sets us up well for against shot at a seed, especially if we can get a little help.

But ISUr did not play the Bison tough at all. It was 28-0 bison before ISUr made a comeback in garbage time. That doesn't take anything anything way from our win yesterday, but I did feel the need to clarify. It was a great win for us in a place we seldom win.

Comment

Originally posted by happyjack View Post
                        #BetterGameDayThreadTitles

Decided to give the game day thread a little Kemo therapy!

#KeepTheGDTSimple
                        Happyjack, looks like you have to keep creating the GDT for the rest of the year.

#2ndJob
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          Bergstrom coaches the safeties.
                          Yes that’s right, Coach Bergstrom spoke for a short period of time at Difference Makers meeting I attended about a week ago. What's odd was he did not mention Snyder nor did anyone ask about him. Bergstrom has been around and seems to be very capable.
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 10-28-2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                            Just watched the game. What would we do without the DVR? Yes, loved his pick, but love his leadership and toughness even more. I'm guessing he's getting healthier, but haven't heard much over the past couple weeks. Still perplexed why he plays so few of snaps. Why he is getting less than 40% of the snaps is puzzling. Still not a fan of all the back 7 shuffling. Backhuis coming out way to many snaps as well. I know I'm a biased NW Iowa Jack, but it's still perplexing. Hopefully we can continue to get healthy. We still miss CJ offensively. I really like the future of Jaxon Jenke not just as a returner but as a wide receiver as well. I've heard good things about our 4 Northwest Iowa true freshman. It's fun to be back on the SDSU train. Trying to come up with a sexier slogan than what Coach Jackson has for his NebraskaJacks!
                            Backhaus is still dealing with injuries as well, right?

Snyder is fun to watch. His intensity kind of reminds me of Rogers and Domino from classic Jacks teams
                            Last edited by jakejc795; 10-28-2018, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              You would think Paup is very much in line for head coach job somewhere.
                              Sounded like possible NFL assistant gig was envisioned, but that didn't pan out

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                                I agree that this was a good win against against good team on the road. It sets us up well for against shot at a seed, especially if we can get a little help.

But ISUr did not play the Bison tough at all. It was 28-0 bison before ISUr made a comeback in garbage time. That doesn't take anything anything way from our win yesterday, but I did feel the need to clarify. It was a great win for us in a place we seldom win.
                                While this is true our game was similar in the fact that they made their comeback in garbage time, so if you’re going to mention that about the ndsu game it should be mentioned in ours as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X