Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Illinois State

I think our OL is a bigger key to the game than our DL. Our defense played fairly well against UNI, but we had zero run game to speak of, and TC was scrambling most of the game. If we don't have a run game, they will drop 7 in coverage like UNI did and make it awfully tough for us to move the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Idk if I would say that... Outside of the UNI game, our offense looked good against ISUb and YSU for sure, and even against NDSU, considering that game was in Fargo.
      I don't know how I would judge our offense against YSU. Christian running the ball is probably what saved us. We only threw for 78 yards. Christian had 5 carries for 89 yards and Johnson had 1 carry for 24 yards. Other than that, it was all Wilson.

Earlier in the season Wallace was doing some damage. If you take Wilson and Wallace out, the running game is hurting. I hope that Strong can come in and do it for a full game/rest of the season but I worry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        If Scotty Kwas and Peterson were correct with the weather forecast for tomorrow that they gave on the WBB broadcast last night, (45 degrees and rain) it doesn't bode well for the passing game.
        Agreed. [But remember the home game against the Redbirds when Ryan Berry set records for passing in very cold, snowy weather: Can we do the unexpected again?]

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          If Scotty Kwas and Peterson were correct with the weather forecast for tomorrow that they gave on the WBB broadcast last night, (45 degrees and rain) it doesn't bode well for the passing game.
          I am seeing mid 50s, partly cloudy with 5 to 10 mph winds at gametime. Looks like it rained most of today but drying up overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            This is a big one, for sure.

Normally, in this era (the past 4-5 years), it seems like the Jackrabbits have bounced back pretty well after a disappointing game.

I'm hopeful.
            I mean, I don't want to brag... but that was a good bounceback game.

Comment

Working...
            X