X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ Northern Iowa Illegal Cologne Ingredients

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Fact: We had a lot of injuries.

Fact 2: The excuses will be never-ending.
    Absolutely, injuries were a huge factor. UNI is a good team, too. I really don't understand the onside kick with 6 minutes left. At best, it's a 33 percent chance to recover. I have to think the defense was playing well enough to get us the ball back, particularly after they were fired up by the 57-yard FG. The onside kick squandered that energy AND gave them 3 points right back. That was a bad choice by the head coach.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      I feel like uni has been running whymiller in the wildcat for like 6 years now and we can't figure out how to stop him after all these years.
      It does feel that way. I can't see how anyone was surprised by Weymiller at this point, although the defense did bottle up the runs later

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
        "Inside kick" = onside kick in a dome??
        Inside or out side does not matter, the ball is live after going 15 yards I believe. I first seen this in 1956 a Bob Burns coached Augustana Vikings beat SDSU for the first time in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Inside or out side does not matter, the ball is live after going 15 yards I believe. I first seen this in 1956 a Bob Burns coached Augustana Vikings beat SDSU for the first time in history.
          10 yds.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            10 yds.
            Thank you.

Comment

I am among the group baffled by the call, but maybe the coaches thought they saw something on UNI's kick coverage that led them to believe Jacks could successfully recover, score within a minute or two, and then lean on the defense the next series

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Absolutely, injuries were a huge factor. UNI is a good team, too. I really don't understand the onside kick with 6 minutes left. At best, it's a 33 percent chance to recover. I have to think the defense was playing well enough to get us the ball back, particularly after they were fired up by the 57-yard FG. The onside kick squandered that energy AND gave them 3 points right back. That was a bad choice by the head coach.
                This is about the only sensible post in this thread. Rpt points given

Comment

IMO this game was lost when we couldn't muster up more than 3 points in the 1st quarter. We could have made them one dimensional early in the game. The head scratching calls could have been avoided entirely
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I can't blame TC for this game. The O-line was awful. The coaching decisions were bizarre at times. Basically giving back the 57-yard FG, for example with the dumb on-side kick. What in the heck was that? I'm running out of patience with our coaching staff.
                    Imho Jacks have lost too many starters on offense, principally in RBs and OLine. So, Christian doesn't have time to throw, he`s down to two very good receivers, and some others that are good, We're not the high powered offense and some the defensive stars are also out. Therefore, not the team that took Bison to the wall 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Catching the punt on the 5 yard line doesn't help unless coach hes told him to try to make a play. Our passing game has been rough the last few weeks. We just dont have the play makers like Jake and Dallas anymore. I think that showed today. The more expectations and hiring ranking we have the worst this team performs.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                        Imho Jacks have lost too many starters on offense, principally in RBs and OLine. So, Christian does have time to throw, he`s down to two very good receivers, and some others that are good, We're not the high powered offense and some the defensive stars are also out. Therefore, not the team that took Bison to the wall 3 weeks ago.
                        I think that's understood. But what was frustrating is that it looked like the offense had no plan on how to play with the guys we do have. Swing passes with Mikey and Pierre aren't the same as Issac and CJ. Looking for slow developing pass plays with a patchwork OL also may not be the best idea.

I complain about screens, but I think that this group of guys may benefit from some center screens. Maybe a few QB draws...something to take some pressure off the OL until they figure it out.

Comment

Bright side: The defense deserves a lot of credit for their effort the last two weeks.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Bright side: The defense deserves a lot of credit for their effort the last two weeks.
                            Agreed. The game against the Sycamores looks to be the aberration.

Comment

Okay everyone pile on the coaches, they are all stupid and dont have a clue about winning a game.
                              It's ok to criticize the coaches once in awhile. Contrary to popular belief by some, Stig doesn't walk on water, he's not immune to criticism because he's a good guy and he is not the greatest coach that has ever lived. Just like players, he and the other coaches can have a bad day. Stig had one today

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                The ole farmer is screaming I told you so right now.
                                I'm going to leave the gas in the can tonight. You can put me down in the WTF category with that onside kick however???

Comment

Working...
                                X