Injury updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Injury updates

Against my better judgement, I will offer some advice to 98Jackfarmer.

I know you want to win. We all want the same. But, you need to use a little common decency and awareness. Don't start off with, "It appears to me if were to lose a guy to a obvious season/career ending injury, RB would be my choice."

I know you tried to rebound with a little sympathy when you wrote in the next THIRD sentence, "I hope that Isaac can make a full recovery, so he doesn't have to deal with this for the rest of his life." That was followed by, "Has anyone checked with into UNI?"

Isaac Wallace will deal with this injury for the rest of his life. Ask Bo Jackson. Simply stated, a young man on a scholarship got seriously hurt giving his all for his teammates and school. He's not some afterthought. Cripes, he's a college student with a future ahead of him; not something that comes off an assembly line for your pleasure. End rant.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
      Are a couple of those guys studs, or just good players. I am not familiar with their lineup? Thanks
      Cal Twait started as a True Freshmen. Was recruited and had offers from NDSU & SDSU. He was also the O-Lineman who almost caught Kellen Soulek on Soulek’s interception TD a few years ago. He is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post

I know you want to win. We all want the same. But, you need to use a little common decency and awareness. Don't start off with, "It appears to me if were to lose a guy to a obvious season/career ending injury, RB would be my choice."

I know you tried to rebound with a little sympathy when you wrote in the next THIRD sentence, "I hope that Isaac can make a full recovery, so he doesn't have to deal with this for the rest of his life." That was followed by, "Has anyone checked with into UNI?"

Isaac Wallace will deal with this injury for the rest of his life. Ask Bo Jackson. Simply stated, a young man on a scholarship got seriously hurt giving his all for his teammates and school. He's not some afterthought. Cripes, he's a college student with a future ahead of him; not something that comes off an assembly line for your pleasure. End rant.
        Well stated. Isaac Wallace also seems like a great person off the field (based on reports/articles from sources like Matt Zimmer). Never met him in person, but he seems like a really humble, well-rounded person.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post

I will reply to this BS once. I feel for him, no doubt. In a second his life changed, maybe forever. However, like Stig always says it’s the next man up. It’s a college football program, not the Isaac Wallace Jackrabbits. I will say it once again, just in case you didn’t pick it up the first time. I am sorry he had this happen to him. The program is a sum of all its participants, do you expect it to stop for one player? How about the rest of the players on the roster, the fans, the university? He was being paid to play, it sucks that it happened. But life has its risks. Have a good evening.

btw, I guess I didn’t feel it necessary to type out a novel to express a couple basic thoughts

another btw, did I ever say Isaac would be my choice? No, it appears we just have the most depth there

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Cal Twait started as a True Freshmen. Was recruited and had offers from NDSU & SDSU. He was also the O-Lineman who almost caught Kellen Soulek on Soulek’s interception TD a few years ago. He is very good.
            Well, it sounds like we are a beat up group heading down to a relatively healthy team hungry for their playoff future. Not a great set-up for us. “Next man up”

Comment

Working...
            X