Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Youngstown State Spheniscidae (Hobo Day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Youngstown State Spheniscidae (Hobo Day)

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    Glad we won, and actually very fortunate to be that far ahead. A missed FG(thanks Bo!), and FG blocked and almost returned, and an INT in the end zone.

It was played a little closer than the final score. However, the defense did make some adjustments... and quite a few personnel wise.

Seven Wilson and Backhaus played more than Cox and Klineschmidt (at least from what I saw... was Backhaus injured? I swear I saw him out there 2nd half?)
    -I have no numbers to back this up, but that's what I thought I saw.

Also... most of the "passing" downs... Manchigia and Slade played most of the 2nd and 3rd and long downs. Manchigia is a stud.

I still think Rozeboom is dinged up. He's missed a few tackles here and there the past 2 games that he just doesn't usually miss. I tried to watch him early, it looked like he was taking some bad angles...but over the past 2 years, gotten accustomed to him making plays with incredible closing speed... and just seemed like he mis-timed or misjudged things a few times.. which makes me think he's not 100%. (not talking about his arm... although maybe that's causing it?... just not quite as fast... he played great at NDSU, so it may have happened that week). I'm just picking knits, he's a great player, and still a force out there.

Really sucks for Isaac Wallace. Guy has waited 3 years to be the "main" back (although we do rotate alot), and was having such a good year.

Overall, a very good "bounceback" win. (is it a bounceback, if you won the week before, I think so)

Going to have to strap them on for a hard hitting game next week, for sure.
    Backhaus was mentioned on the injury list on the postgame show. Pierre Strong was also mentioned. I know he had a carry or two early, but didn't hear his name called after that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Backhaus was mentioned on the injury list on the postgame show. Pierre Strong was also mentioned. I know he had a carry or two early, but didn't hear his name called after that.
      Beat me to it. Stig begins to mention those injuries at approx. 6:07 mark of presser.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        48 yard TD run for CJ Wilson. That kid is amazing in space.
        I think #2 from YSU may still be looking for a certain piece of protective equipment that he got faked out of during that run.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Jacks took a beating this week. Not even mentioning losing a stud running back for at least this season, but a couple more hurt linemen, a stud DB getting injured, and a LB getting his bell rung. Not the ideal way to go into UNI. Next man up here we go...

Oh, a few gents in my section were on TC from the first snap. Unbelievable
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            Oh, a few gents in my section were on TC from the first snap. Unbelievable
            Did you yell "98 jack farmer" to see if one of them would hear you and reply "what?".

Comment

Stig mentioned Pierre Strong being injured, but no details. When during the game did this happen? He made some beautiful run plays last week and like CJ Wilson is the future. I hope Strong will be back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                On Oh, a few gents in my section were on TC from the first snap. Unbelievable
                Was the guy also discussing how it was past time to change coaches, but that would be Dana Dykhouse's call (whom he knows personally as well as knowing all of the men honored at halftime)?

JackJD mentioned a complaint box for the forum. Maybe SDSU should honor the chronic complainers by offering them an isolated complaint box in the stadium(maybe atop the Student-Athlete Center). They can award that in concert with the meal plan, housing, and tuition prizes given away to students.

Comment

Great performance by the defense after the first quarter. Seemed flat to start but had much more energy the last 3 quarters. Also seemed like we called a lot more blitzes and man coverage vs the zone that we normally play, that was nice to see and I think helped with the uptick in our defensive energy.

Tough to see some guys getting injured, but we also got some guys back from injury that made impacts on this game. I really don't think we are going to see much of a drop off with starters out due to injury. Our depth is really good and these backups are hungry for playing time. Stig even mentioned in the post game that the injuries may have been what got the team energized more during the game, guys knowing they had to pick it up and show they belong out there. Well done by those that stepped up.

Very odd game by the offense. Nice to see the running game working so well. Not sure what to think of the passing game. Guys just weren't getting open and TC wasn't hitting them when they would have a step. But with only 15 attempts its hard to get much of a gauge on that. Maybe YSU was just selling out to stop the pass and thats why the run was there. It is good to know we can lean on both the run or pass if one of them isn't firing on all cylinders. We are really going to need both of them in the next two weeks though as UNI and ILSR both are looking pretty solid.

All in all nice to get a comfortable win on Hobo Day!!!!

Comment

I hope Isaac is ready for the January game in Frisco, and also that the team dedicates the remaining games to getting Him there! 1-0! Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post

Very odd game by the offense. Nice to see the running game working so well. Not sure what to think of the passing game. Guys just weren't getting open and TC wasn't hitting them when they would have a step. But with only 15 attempts its hard to get much of a gauge on that. Maybe YSU was just selling out to stop the pass and thats why the run was there. It is good to know we can lean on both the run or pass if one of them isn't firing on all cylinders. We are really going to need both of them in the next two weeks though as UNI and ILSR both are looking pretty solid.

All in all nice to get a comfortable win on Hobo Day!!!!
                      I think the wind conditions impacted both teams' passing attacks. Not sure if you were there, but while it didn't feel all that windy in the east side stands, it was noticeably windier on the field (e.g., you could see coaches' jackets/pants whipping in wind).

Comment

Dissapointed that there was a little over 14,000 yesterday. A good student showingbut apparenty people made the decision to jot go during the week when the weather was cold and wet. I dressed warm, never was cold and really didnt feel much of the wind. We will be lucky to hit 10,000 vs Missouri St and its hard to say what the usd game will bring. Weather and meaning will be the big factors.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          Dissapointed that there was a little over 14,000 yesterday. A good student showingbut apparenty people made the decision to jot go during the week when the weather was cold and wet. I dressed warm, never was cold and really didnt feel much of the wind. We will be lucky to hit 10,000 vs Missouri St and its hard to say what the usd game will bring. Weather and meaning will be the big factors.
                          It was nice to see Admin. creativity with the student giveaways, and I would be curious to know whether that impacted student attendance. Also interested in how the resident pheasant opener might have impacted non-student numbers. If it did, maybe adaptations like we've discussed here could be used to try to entice folks who missed the game for hunting to opt to see the Jacks instead in the future.

Hopefully we can get at least 12k to the game against the Bears. Agree completely regarding the 'Yotes. I just hope the ratio of USD fans to Jacks fans isn't greater than 1:6

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            It was nice to see Admin. creativity with the student giveaways, and I would be curious to know whether that impacted student attendance. Also interested in how the resident pheasant opener might have impacted non-student numbers. If it did, maybe adaptations like we've discussed here could be used to try to entice folks who missed the game for hunting to opt to see the Jacks instead in the future.

Hopefully we can get at least 12k to the game against the Bears. Agree completely regarding the 'Yotes. I just hope the ratio of USD fans to Jacks fans isn't greater than 1:6
                            You would think seeing the number 2/3 team in the country playing in the hobo day game would be enticing enough. I was disappointed looking across the field and seeing more seats that fans.

I guess we just have to wait for many Jacks fans' super bowls (USD/NDSU) for them to attend.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                              Seems like we're cashing in a season's worth of injuries in the last 4 quarters. I guess we'll find out what type of depth we have soon.
                              We are thin at RB with CJ Wilson and Mikey Daniels being the only ones available.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                                Opening weekend of east river deer season

Comment

Working...
                                X