Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Youngstown State Spheniscidae (Hobo Day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Youngstown State Spheniscidae (Hobo Day)

Defense is playing much better after that bad first quarter. Blitzing more too, it seems.

Comment

Odd game - Jacks are 3-10 on 3rd down and Christion is 6-15 for 72 yards and a TD.

Yet Jacks lead 23-7, late 3rd quarter

Comment

Now that the Jacks D seems to have figured things out the offense has gone to hell.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

This is such a weird game. TC almost matches his rushing yards with his passing yard on a long TD scamper, then Vinny misses his 2nd extra point of the game.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            This is such a weird game. TC almost matches his rushing yards with his passing yard on a long TD scamper, then Vinny misses his 2nd extra point of the game.
            Winning 36-7 and just don’t feel like we’ve played that good.

Comment

TC with another TD run, Jacks up 36-7.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

So... That defense...

Not sure if they are bi-polar or I am.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

14,357 is the attendance. Kind of disappointing.

As for as the game, it's a weird feeling. Defense really played well in quarters 2-4. Feels like there has been more blitzes today as YSU is now 5-14 on 3rd downs after being much better earlier in the game.

Offense couldn't move much through the air, but ran well with Wilson and Christion.

Next 2 weeks will tell us how good this team really is.

Comment

The d really responded in the final 3 quarters. With that being said, there's still consistent issues with the d backfield, and I think the adjustment that made the positive impact for the D was the D line getting some pressure. If we're going to insist on sitting back in coverage, it helps if the front four can force some hurried throws. Also, cedit to the coaches for calling WAY more blitzes than in the past, and throwing out a different scheme (3 man front). I don't know if it was super effective the first half, but it definitely was the second half.

Comment

Welcome to the middle of the MVFC season. How good are your backups, because you’re going to need a bunch of them. Ours have gotten it done after a rotten first quarter. Coasting to a win on Hobo Day should not be under-appreciated!

I loved the QB pressure today. How about those blitzes? Our young D-line kept the heat on too. Plenty of stops in the second half. Good stuff.

Comment

Starting with those last two series of the 1st half, the D really stepped up today. Offensively this was a like a return to the ZZ era with breaking off all those long TD runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          Welcome to the middle of the MVFC season. How good are your backups, because you’re going to need a bunch of them. Ours have gotten it done after a rotten first quarter. Coasting to a win on Hobo Day should not be under-appreciated!

I loved the QB pressure today. How about those blitzes? Our young D-line kept the heat on too. Plenty of stops in the second half. Good stuff.
                          Blitzes were nice to see. I was also a fan of another Ogunrinde QB run down sack. Whatever coach/coaches suggested he be converted from RB to DE deserves to be commended for it.

Comment

Glad we won, and actually very fortunate to be that far ahead. A missed FG(thanks Bo!), and FG blocked and almost returned, and an INT in the end zone.

It was played a little closer than the final score. However, the defense did make some adjustments... and quite a few personnel wise.

Seven Wilson and Backhaus played more than Cox and Klineschmidt (at least from what I saw... was Backhaus injured? I swear I saw him out there 2nd half?)
                            -I have no numbers to back this up, but that's what I thought I saw.

Also... most of the "passing" downs... Manchigia and Slade played most of the 2nd and 3rd and long downs. Manchigia is a stud.

I still think Rozeboom is dinged up. He's missed a few tackles here and there the past 2 games that he just doesn't usually miss. I tried to watch him early, it looked like he was taking some bad angles...but over the past 2 years, gotten accustomed to him making plays with incredible closing speed... and just seemed like he mis-timed or misjudged things a few times.. which makes me think he's not 100%. (not talking about his arm... although maybe that's causing it?... just not quite as fast... he played great at NDSU, so it may have happened that week). I'm just picking knits, he's a great player, and still a force out there.

Really sucks for Isaac Wallace. Guy has waited 3 years to be the "main" back (although we do rotate alot), and was having such a good year.

Overall, a very good "bounceback" win. (is it a bounceback, if you won the week before, I think so)

Going to have to strap them on for a hard hitting game next week, for sure.

Comment

Also, something else I noticed... seems like the playcall gets into the defense late?

Seemed like there were multiple occasions, where YSU was lined up, and the Jacks were just getting adjusted... luckily, Youngstown was in no hurry to snap the ball.

Perhaps they knew that they had time against this team... but that could be trouble against the teams that play uptempo. I actually yelled a couple times, get ready...they are already set.

Comment

I thought the Oline played really well with 2 new starters, with exception to bad snap. TC was definitely affected by the wind and really didn’t have many plays to read a make a throw. I think the DE played better this week Earith played great and I think Tolu needs more playing time on 3rd and longs. Hopefully we get healthy and continue playing better D. Bad deal about Issac gonna miss him. With all the injuries it’s hard to keep track, and it’s clear that there are few guys dinged up that are trying to. Rozeboom, Snyder, Brown on D, and I wonder if Cade is dinged up too just does look the same.
                                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                                X