Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Youngstown State Spheniscidae (Hobo Day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Youngstown State Spheniscidae (Hobo Day)

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    This is a great idea. It's tough bringing little kids to games, and if you're not in a family zone, you even feel bad for people around you at times because your kids might get restless. Especially if we go to selling beer in the stadium, a beer free family zone would be nice.
    Last week when I did the ticket price analysis many schools offered a $5 ticket for kids between 3 and 12. This would be a good deal, especially in a family area. Section 116 or even section 122/123 on the north end of the east side. With the old stadium the grassy areas made it nice for younger kids to go play during the game. However its not possible anymore. Last year we went on top of the east side camera decks a few times and that worked pretty well as it gave my son a chance to run around. They have chains across these stairs though and I think it is frowned upon to be up there.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Last week when I did the ticket price analysis many schools offered a $5 ticket for kids between 3 and 12. This would be a good deal, especially in a family area. Section 116 or even section 122/123 on the north end of the east side. With the old stadium the grassy areas made it nice for younger kids to go play during the game. However its not possible anymore. Last year we went on top of the east side camera decks a few times and that worked pretty well as it gave my son a chance to run around. They have chains across these stairs though and I think it is frowned upon to be up there.
      That was a big change that our son now is 7 and would love to run around like they did at cas. That was one great benefit was a little open green space. I was hoping that would be carried into the new design but sadly wasn't. It was great to go down there for 3rd quarter and let kids run around.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This is a great idea. It's tough bringing little kids to games, and if you're not in a family zone, you even feel bad for people around you at times because your kids might get restless. Especially if we go to selling beer in the stadium, a beer free family zone would be nice.
        Perhaps keeping the kids area open for the full game as well. I know that a lot of parent leave the game because the kids get cold/bored.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          Perhaps keeping the kids area open for the full game as well. I know that a lot of parent leave the game because the kids get cold/bored.
          This is brilliant. Have a screen in there with a feed of the game so parents can still watch the game. Also, allow them to get back into the stadium if they want. This needs to happen. Who's going to draft the petition?

Comment

This is brilliant. Have a screen in there with a feed of the game so parents can still watch the game. Also, allow them to get back into the stadium if they want. This needs to happen. Who's going to draft the petition?
            SDSU has one of the best early childhood development programs in the state. I'm sure they could get involved to add educational activities that would go along with the football game. Might even let mom and dad enjoy the game a bit more

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              If we’re looking to grow attendance instead of saving some of us a couple bucks, I’m guessing that a $2 drop will not grow our average attendance by 1500-2000.

As to growing the fan base, your gambling on getting students there who enjoy the game, atmosphere, etc and decide to keep coming. If you’re focusing on the ones bitching you’re looking at the wrong part of the demographic. Even if you only gained one of the kids who won the free tuition as a lifelong fan throughout their life they probably pay back more in seat fees and such than they got in free tuition. Now if you figure that gains a couple more who come back as season ticket holders who raise their kids to come to games, it can have a much deeper affect. The goal with it is to gain new fans, not give the current ones free stuff unfortunately. In you’re scenario the person has likely demonstrated they’ll buy season tickets anyways without a perk. As you point out Volleyball and other sports doing free admission with a football ticket, let’s not pretend those are close to the same. Volleyball just wants to get anyone at all through the door, while football wants to gain fans who bring revenue with them. In the end though I think it’s really a chicken and egg argument.

Which was the original question that you just had us argue back to because you’re apparently bored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I'm not sure why you have to make it a zero-sum proposition whereby we either grow attendance or reward loyal fans. Current season ticket holders represent one of the best groups who can provide testimonials regarding their experience, so rewarding them could be an avenue Athletics uses to help encourage friends who are "casual fans" to seriously consider purchasing tickets. One perk that could be mentioned would be getting a free ticket after a specified number of consecutive purchases. That's only one option I proposed; they could offer you free shipping for one year on JackrabbitCentral.com purchases because I believe you mentioned frustration with paying for shipping in a prior post, or they could have a "free tee for three" where Jacks fans can select a free t-shirt when they purchase at least three season tickets. I'm just offering ideas, as I think there is ample room for improvement in this area.

As for focusing on the complainers, the tweeter indicated several students were upset, whether that's accurate or not could be questioned because I think he misrepresented Admin.'s actions during the drawing. Nevertheless, I would hope the tailgaters and anti-wristband crowd can appreciate how damaging to their cause an "ignore the complaining demographic" would be were Admin. to stubbornly adhere to that.

The VB and BB examples were not offered as equivalent to football; rather, they represent a refutation of the assertion that Athletics would never be willing to reduce ticket prices. In the cases I mentioned, they're potentially taking a total loss on admission by letting folks in for free; whereas the reduced football ticket prices I proposed would only represent a slightly reduced profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                I hope Isaac is ready for the January game in Frisco, and also that the team dedicates the remaining games to getting Him there! 1-0! Go Jacks!!
                Let's just hope he walks right eventually. I would say his season/career is done
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                  Let's just hope he walks right eventually. I would say his season/career is done
                  Seconded. Quality of life is much more important than a game. Look at what happened to Bo Jackson and he had the best doctors available at the time.

He will probably end up getting multiple hip replacements over the course of his life...unless the technology has greatly increased.

Comment

Stig show on WNAX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

...I still maintain that if a season ticket holder's ticket isnt used for 75% of the home games, they get docked points for the next cycle or an additional fee is tacked onto the following season.
                      Ouch. Lets not pursue that suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        What about freezing the Priority Point total rather than docking the points? That way purchasers who are actually utilizing tickets/attending games can benefit by possibly gaining eligibility for more favorable seating options. Either way, it would require adding another element to the points rubric, as they currently award points for consecutive Jackrabbit Club donations and season ticket purchases rather than individual game utilization, right?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          I guess I never had a problem finding someone to use my tickets if I wasn't able to use them.

Comment

I guess I never had a problem finding someone to use my tickets if I wasn't able to use them.
                            Amen - if you can't find someone, you simply aren't trying. I've even scanned unused tickets I forgot to give away at the gate so it ups the attendance figure!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              Amen - if you can't find someone, you simply aren't trying. I've even scanned unused tickets I forgot to give away at the gate so it ups the attendance figure!
                              Unused tickets also allow reentry after leaving(such as halftime). You never know when you forget something in the car.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                                Oh boy... Now we're going to get accused of stuffing attendance numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X