Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Youngstown State Spheniscidae (Hobo Day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Youngstown State Spheniscidae (Hobo Day)

Apple or cherry

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Here's my idea for increasing attendance:

Offer a new grad season ticket discount. Not sure what that looks like, but maybe exempt people who have recently graduated from making the donation for 3-5 years? Would establish a relationship with the athletic department and get them into the habit of coming to games once they leave campus.

Could do something similar for first time season ticket holders.
      They actually did offer this for the first time this year. It is only available to recent alumni. Two friends and I took advantage of the deal this year. Tickets to all 6 home games started at $99 with no matching donation. That was to sit in the four corners of the stadium. If one wanted to sit closer to the middle, all that they had to pay for was the seat licensing fee, which obviously increased the closer you got to midfield.

Link to the article: https://gojacks.com/news/2018/4/25/f...?path=football

Comment

Originally posted by Cherrad2012 View Post
        They actually did offer this for the first time this year. It is only available to recent alumni. Two friends and I took advantage of the deal this year. Tickets to all 6 home games started at $99 with no matching donation. That was to sit in the four corners of the stadium. If one wanted to sit closer to the middle, all that they had to pay for was the seat licensing fee, which obviously increased the closer you got to midfield.

Link to the article: https://gojacks.com/news/2018/4/25/f...?path=football
        The recent alumni thing is a good deal.

One thing I wish we had was more alumni chapters. It still is surprising to me that we don't have a chapter in Pierre, the James River Valley, or the Twin Cities. I'm not criticizing the alumni association by any means, because I know its up to local alumni to start a chapter, and not really the association itself. I aldo realize there are a lot of "alumni activities" in those places listed above, just not a real chapter.

I would think we could also work with the SDSU extension office to do some ticket deals with local 4H chapters, research farm sites, communities, etc. We have a built in connection in every county in the state through our extension office, and it'd be great if we could utilize that to get more families from those counties on campus to a game. Maybe something like this is already going on???

Comment

Working...
        X