Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Youngstown State Spheniscidae (Hobo Day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Youngstown State Spheniscidae (Hobo Day)

Sad that of the 5 student names drawn for the significant giveaway (thanks to university officials) during the fourth quarter, only 1 person was present to claim a prize. Frankly, it was a little uncomfortable watching that thing unfold.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      You would think seeing the number 2/3 team in the country playing in the hobo day game would be enticing enough. I was disappointed looking across the field and seeing more seats that fans.

I guess we just have to wait for many Jacks fans' super bowls (USD/NDSU) for them to attend.
      Just be thankful today’s weather (currently 30 and fresh snow on the ground here in the SE) did not arrive 24 hours earlier. We would have been lucky to have 10,000.

The USD games have definitely lost some luster over the past 5 years. I’d predict a range of 16,000 to 9,000, depending on the weather/standings. There won’t be many fans in red unless they somehow go undefeated between now and then. Two more losses and they know their season ends that day.

Comment

Originally posted by More_Cowbell View Post
        Our D sucks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
        Huh? Overall, the defense played well, especially in the second half.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Is Blair Mulholland available as third-string running back, if needed? Injuries certainly have taken a toll on the Jacks the past couple of weeks. Even Chase Vinatieri missed kickoff duties against YSU, apparently because of a muscle injury. He kicked PATs and FGs (and missed two PATs), but Brady Hale handled kickoff duties.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            Elija? Wilson made some nice plays in the second half. I could see him developing into a pass rushing threat.

Comment

Replyed to quoted post.

Comment

Did you watch the first half then this was posted? We did make some good adjustments at halftime, which is nice to see.

Comment

Is Blair Mulholland available as third-string running back, if needed? Injuries certainly have taken a toll on the Jacks the past couple of weeks. Even Chase Vinatieri missed kickoff duties against YSU, apparently because of a muscle injury. He kicked PATs and FGs (and missed two PATs), but Brady Hale handled kickoff duties.
                  He played a bit late in the ArkPB game and looked good running the ball.

Comment

Yes Blair is available and I would expect he will get some reps in the UNI game. I left early at APBU game so did not see him play but others including bigticket have said good things to say about him. I think we will be okay at RB.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      Opening weekend of east river deer season
                      Opening day east river deer season is 11/17, so the USD game. Opening weekend for black hills is the weekend of the Missouri state game so that shouldn’t be super affected by that.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                        Opening day east river deer season is 11/17, so the USD game. Opening weekend for black hills is the weekend of the Missouri state game so that shouldn’t be super affected by that.
                        I was talking about the USD game.

Comment

My thoughts on attendance:
                          1) The USD game will not be north of 15.5k imo. It wasn't in 2016, and that was the first year of the new stadium, a week earlier in the year, with good weather, and the Yotes still had a shot at playoffs. They won't bring more than 800ish fans, and we don't have more than about 14k fans that care to come to a football game after September.

2) Our attendance is what it is at this point. There's lot's of things that could help one way or the other, but the fact is that Jackrabbit football isn't a big enough draw in eastern SD or western MN to have people come out and watch this team in the numbers we'd hope for. And I don't think that our ranking has any impact on that. We had several 14k Hobo Day crowds in Coughlin this decade, with much poorer rankings at the time. There's all kinds of logical reasons we can point to as to why people should be there, and there will always be some excuse as to why people can't make it. I honestly don't believe that winning the national title this year would move the needle on our attendance next year in any significant way.

I'm over being surprised by the meager fan numbers in October, November, and December.

Comment

...regarding attnedance, whoever did the comparison with a few other MVFC schools hit it on the head. I realize we have a stadium to pay for but tix are too much. They've priced out a lot of families. I look at the families that come with 2-3 young kids, leave mid way through the 3rd because it's cold...tough, especially when they can watch form home at a reasonable monthly fee. Unless something changes I think it's going to continue to be 14k-15k for a lot of games and 10k-12k for ones that don't matter as much. Bad weather and playoff games...well we all know what happens there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                              ...regarding attnedance, whoever did the comparison with a few other MVFC schools hit it on the head. I realize we have a stadium to pay for but tix are too much. They've priced out a lot of families. I look at the families that come with 2-3 young kids, leave mid way through the 3rd because it's cold...tough, especially when they can watch form home at a reasonable monthly fee. Unless something changes I think it's going to continue to be 14k-15k for a lot of games and 10k-12k for ones that don't matter as much. Bad weather and playoff games...well we all know what happens there.
                              If they aren't seriously considering decreasing ticket prices, I don't understand their rationale, particularly when that stance could have Jacks facing situation like Gophers are now. Why not proactively respond now?

Plus, playoff ticket prices being determined by regular season's most expensive ticket rates means that decreasing former helps make latter more economical (and likely more palatable as an expense fans willing to add during holiday season)

Comment

I do think Anderson deserves a huge shoutout for his downfield blocking. On two big runs he never lost his man for the entire duration of the play while pushing them downfield that I remember specifically, one being TCs long td run I believe. He’s putting in great effort every play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X